talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

First half against Villa was a slow but we mainly controlled the game, our goal was well taken by Tammy. Villa's equalizer was a calamity goal, we are used to it this season the ball hits his face and then his boot and goes in Trezeguet had no clue about it. In the second a strong start we get the goal and could have easily score at least two more. However no we had to wait until the dead for Kepa to make a brilliant save to get us the points. As Cicero said Christensen - Zouma partnership is a disaster, not sure why Tomori is being benched over Christensen. If he is resting him okay don't see any other reason. Also credit to Zouma he was again solid for most of the game.

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

All depends on who is attainable in January. Alonso and Giroud I can see leaving. 

Yep both could leave, with us needing replacement for both. We are linked with every player alive at the moment. I'd personally keep them both if possible as i don't want panic buys.

So, some good news on the transfer ban.

Villa game.

I liked the starting selection other than Tomari again being benched for Christensen. Their goal Christensen was weak in his battle with his man which allowed the ball to fall to the next player. It's a part of his game which needs improvement or he can leave.

Loved the midfield two. Happy Tammy was back. Team made plenty of chances again, but failed to kill the game off leaving another nervy ending.

One of the best young players I have seen live this season was Hakim Ziyech of Ajax. I have now seen another. Jack Grealish is good enough to have a big club buy and build a team around. Outstanding talent. Hate to say it, but he is the first United building block. Not they are bright enough to know!

Typical Everton remove their manager just before we play them! I am thinking of having a fair sized wager on Zouma, if he starts to score at anytime?

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2b4499a371b69ca2bed8e42ff60176aa.png

Chelsea accuses Fifa of double standards over transfer ban

Chelsea says Fifa treated them more harshly than Manchester City despite their transfer ban being cut on appeal.

The Blues' two-window ban was halved by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, freeing them to buy players next month.

City did not get a transfer ban after they were also found to have broken rules on signing young players.

"Fifa chose to treat Chelsea entirely differently to Manchester City for reasons that make absolutely no sense," read a Chelsea statement.

"The approach taken by Fifa to this case has been deeply unsatisfactory."

Fifa accused Chelsea of breaching rules on the signing of 27 under-18 players. However, the Blues claimed that in 16 of those cases, the players were registered in line with the advice that the game's global governing body had given the Football Association in 2009.

Chelsea argued that the alleged rules breaches in the remaining 11 cases were either "procedural" or there was no case to answer because of precedents set in Cas' ruling on Spanish side Real Madrid's transfer ban in 2016.

"Chelsea respects the importance of the work undertaken by Fifa in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with Fifa throughout its investigation," added Chelsea.

"However, if Fifa continues to impose inconsistent and unequal sanctions on clubs then it will not only undermine the very purpose of the regulations, but it will also bring into doubt the game's confidence in Fifa being able to appropriately regulate this important area."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50690982

Terrible management today. Both before and In game. 

-Shambolic back line. 

- Not including Jorginho in the 2nd half when we needed some form of transition. Too many times we were passing it side to side. 

- Not making a sub until the 70th minute. 

- Taking Reece James, who was our best defender, for a striker instead of Dave who was useless. 

Very poor. Arguably Lampard's worst for us so far. 

I didn’t go to the game. Watched it via BT coverage on the telly and like most Chelsea fans saw where the result was going from their first goal.

For me summing Chelsea up at the moment is very easy. The defence hasn’t improved since the first game of the season. 16 league games half a dozen cup games and Frank has failed to improve a lack luster group of defenders who find both defending and keeping possession of the ball difficult. When I take my Chelsea hat off and try and be as honest as one can, we are very lucky to be in the top four and still in the CL.

Rather than go through the defenders one on one I will state the obvious. Christensen, chosen by the manager to replace the dropped\rested Tomori has been terrible in the last two games. I believe a decision needs to be made on him. He has not improved over the time he has been at the club and is still a liability when the ball is in the air. Many have been calling out the goalie these last couple of months. I have always had a question mark over him since I learnt the length of his contract. Yesterday he again fucked up, this time costing us a goal through his inability to pass the ball.

We have other weaknesses at the back which Frank has failed to address. I guess this next window will be the first time he has had the chance to fix. We shall see.

I felt the rest of the team played well other than failing again to score from the many chances we created. There is a lot of pressure on these boys now because we know we are going to concede at least 2 goals. I lost count of the chances Tammy either had or was in position to receive a shot opportunity. He has plenty of goals so far, but I do believe he needs some competition up front. When MHEnd777 says there is no reason to keep  Giroud or Mitchy till the end of the season, I tend to agree, as long as suitable replacements can be found. And I mean two players.

3 league defeats in the last 4 games. Lemoncfc points out Franks time at Derby also gave some runs like this, normally defeats with more conceded than we currently are. This looks like to be a theme of Franks.

Good points. After such a disappointing result you would think there would be few good points, but there is no doubt we have a proper midfield pair in Kante and the much improved Kovacic. You can add my name to Bazilfoolty StamfordSid WalterDavis TheRealFatFrank JentheBaller 7OaksCFC & others who see no reason to keep Jorginho around and he should be used as a make weight in a deal that more benefits this young squad. I have to say Kovacic has won me over and I think the major reason for his up turn in form is the loss of Hazard. I lost count the amount of time he passed to Hazard when he had the ball. This season, with that outlet removed he is taking more responsibility on himself either by running with the ball forward or looking for a more telling pass infield. Kante is Kante, while he isn’t as good on the ball as Jorginho (Who is also known to pass the ball to the opposition with no pressure on him) without the ball he is 500% better and when you have a defence which is as leaky as ours, it’s a no brainer selection. None of the conceded goals were down to those two. The front four played well together. They are making chances but for whatever reason, they are not taking enough of them. I would have liked Barkley introduced early in the 2nd half, but that has more to do with my feeling old boys tend to  come back n haunt.

Talking of substitutions, was Willian injured? Mitchy for James? I kinda get the latter one as we needed a goal, but I find it very difficult to warrant any substitution involving CHO, who for me shouldn’t be at the club. He is far from ready and it fucks me off every time I see him on the pitch, GLOVES n all.

So onto ChelseaTottys brilliant post on the ban lifting and our first chance to see the magnificent Chelsea threesome (What a description ChelseaTotty!) of Frank Big Pete and Marina in action. I think you make some great suggestions and raise some thought provoking questions, none more than Pete’s opinion on the goalie. With a war chest full to the brink and a number of players who could be offloaded to sweeten any deals to help get the players we want, it could be a very exciting window. On the other hand, do we sit tight and make do with what we have and spend the next 6 months getting ready to make one hell of a splash come the summer?

For me this window? Frank, just sort the fucking defence out or we wont be in the CL next season.

Hope to see many of you Tuesday night