Against Arsenal

Kepa

Rudiger---Zouma---Tomori

Dave------------------------------------------------Alonso

Kante---Kovacic

Mount--------------------------Willian

Tammy 

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Chelsea could have had a mega attacking line up in Hazard, De Bruyne and Salah....fucking hell

At one point, we could've lined up like this. Mind you, I doubt KDB nor Salah would've developed into the players they are today under Mourinho. 

Costa

Hazard---KDB----Salah

Kante---Cesc

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

At one point, we could've lined up like this. Mind you, I doubt KDB nor Salah would've developed into the players they are today under Mourinho. 

Costa

Hazard---KDB----Salah

Kante---Cesc

That would have been mental. Although, I think you're right that KDB and Salah needed to leave Chelsea for their development.

The Southampton performance was the worst of many home performances this season. Huge question mark over the managers head until he proves he can get these players to perform in these fixtures against the clubs that make up the Premier League. So far he is being made to look a class A prick by almost all managers who visit Stamford Bridge. Its all well and good he bemoaning we dont have the flair players to open up the two banks of 5 visiting clubs set up as against us. This is where a manager earns his right to be manager by finding a way to win these games. End of the game was met with boo's. Not that loud because the stadium was almost half empty by that time.

The previous manager was fucking useless, saved by the best player at the club during the last decade. The garbage he both put out on the pitch and offered with his mouth had me convinced he needed to be moved on before Christmas (Well to be totally frank, by September I knew we had made a mistake).

West Ham Bournemouth and now Southampton, 3 exactly the same games where they have set up defensively and we have not had a Scooby on how to break them down. This is 100% down to Frank. 

As I have said in the past, Frank gets the longest slack of rope to get it right, but lets just state a fact that he has slid down half of it after the Southampton game. Boo's? You better believe it, it was fucking dreadful. They knew our manager does not have the know how to manufacture a home game win when the away side come not to play. It's not Rocket science what they are doing, they are all setting a Mouse Trap and our Frank walks into it each game.

Last seasons manager heard boo's from October till the end and he was fucking hated with a passion by the real fans who go to games.

Be warned Frank, home performances have not been good enough ALL SEASON.

We now go into the Arsenal game pretty much feeling as we did going into the Spurs game.

I'll be there!

Just a point on De Bruyne & Salah.

Jose wanted him to stay. It was the boy himself who insisted he leave the club which too his credit he is on record many times confirming.

Anybody who said they knew Salah would have the career he has since he left Chelsea is a FUCKING LIAR.

The boy was terrible, scared beyond belief at Stamford Bridge which he pretty much admitted and looked no more than a serie B player at best. Granted once he went on loan he began to be the player he has become and ended up at Liverpool, who Jose gazumped to get him in the first place.

That's football, some you win some you lose. At least we got the best one right in Hazard.

Strange run of results? You better believe it. West Ham Bournemouth and Southampton have been bordering on some of the most pathetic 80’s-90’s level home performances I can remember attending. Throw in amongst those fixture two visits to North London gaining two wins and you have some idea of the roller coaster season us Chelsea fans are enjoying.

Enjoying? Well I am not sure if that’s the right word. Last season, even with silverware, was no more than a 3 or 4 out of ten. This season Franks return, the playing of our homegrown's and the bringing of most of the faithful back together is all contributing to a season we are not used too. There are games when Enjoying is by far the correct word. Feeling so down on the underground after suffering the Southampton game contemplating not being able to sit with my Arsenal friends in their stadium a few days later for fear of a footballing spanking.

Haha, it’s a great season and BobsKnobb season description stealing Forrest Gump’s “Box of Chocolates” line is bloody brilliant. We truly have no idea what we are going to get from game to game.

So away to Arsenal. We were getting stuffed, truly no idea what was going on and after 30 mins substituted one shit player for another. It was shocking. Their manager sussed ours, knew he would start with his winning
White Hart Lane
formula and asked his players to play at a very high intensity which they were not used too. For pretty much all of the first half they bossed the game. Some are saying Frank changed the game from the bench. DON’T YOU BELIEVE IT. The reason the game changed was because Arsenal players were knackered 10 mins into the 2nd half. Their high press became a stand at the half way line and allow us to move the ball about far more freely. The shit midfielder who came on for the worst defender in the Premier League managed to get booked and should have been sent off as he cant fucking defend and fouls all players who run by him for fun. For him to score the equalizer is clouding people dumbass opinion. The Arsenal fans sitting all around me knew what had happened and there is no doubt we had a HUGE slice of luck to get that result. A pure example of how tired Arsenal were is the 2nd goal. Willian out sprinted the Arsenal defensive players to get up alongside Tammy, and while he almost fucked it up by running too wide, Tammy got him out of jail with a very well taken goal. I don’t think I can remember a Arsenal manager who asked his two wide players to double back as full backs. There was no chance they could get through the whole of the game playing like that and to be fair to their manager, he did speak about they were not used to doing as he asked in his after presser, a presser I thought he was very impressive.

So both North London Giants put in their place back to back, with the hope our home form is a little better when the reverse fixtures come around.

Window opens tomorrow. I am sure you have all heard the rumours on who might be coming to the club, but something that I heard gentle waves soon after Boris took over the PM job might be coming too fruition. Roman may get a new visa in the new year after the Torys won by a landslide. We shall see.

Wishing you and your families a wonderful safe night tonight and A Happy New Year

I don't believe too much in luck with football but we were definitely fortunate (for lack of a better word) to come away with the three points against Arsenal. In saying that this season we don't tend to play badly and still win games, so I guess it's good in that regard. The win had a bit of a smash and grab feel about it, we were fortunate that Leno made the mistake which helped our confidence. I've been saying in our recent home games that if we score one, then that would help our confidence and momentum and we'd be a lot more likely to score a second.

We still lacked a lot of creativity and ideas against Arsenal and for me, that's our main problem. In the next few transfer windows, strengthening attacking areas has to be our main priority. It's likely left-back will have to be addressed as well but the priority has to be further up the pitch. Interestingly Lampard after the game alluded to the fact that attack seems to be our weakest area.

If you're to believe the trusted Chelsea sources on Twitter, it's looking like Sancho is going to be a real possibility.

On 31/12/2019 at 15:39, carefreeluke said:

I don't believe too much in luck with football but we were definitely fortunate (for lack of a better word) to come away with the three points against Arsenal. In saying that this season we don't tend to play badly and still win games, so I guess it's good in that regard. The win had a bit of a smash and grab feel about it, we were fortunate that Leno made the mistake which helped our confidence. I've been saying in our recent home games that if we score one, then that would help our confidence and momentum and we'd be a lot more likely to score a second.

We still lacked a lot of creativity and ideas against Arsenal and for me, that's our main problem. In the next few transfer windows, strengthening attacking areas has to be our main priority. It's likely left-back will have to be addressed as well but the priority has to be further up the pitch. Interestingly Lampard after the game alluded to the fact that attack seems to be our weakest area.

If you're to believe the trusted Chelsea sources on Twitter, it's looking like Sancho is going to be a real possibility.

It's always fun when the windows come around for our club as we tend to be, when not banned, at the forefront of the market in some shape or form.

Yeah I know of the twitter feeds that have the reputation of having someone with an in at our club, but to be honest the most reliable info I find on all sorts of Chelsea subjects are matchday conversations with the guys I have been going to games with for the past 20+ years, however the very best time was when I had a friend working for ChelseaTV. He was brilliant for info. I won alot of money when the newspapers said Bony, who was playing in Holland at the time was 100% going to sign for Chelsea in the next window. He told me there was zero chance of that happening, took on a few bets and sure enough he ended up at Swansea. My fav was the telling of Ruud Kaiser almost (It wasnt almost ;) ) coming to blows with others at the training ground and leaving within his first year of the club. I am sure you all know that story.

Rather than the players coming in, I am more interested in who is allowed to leave in this window or set up to be moved on in the summer. I believe there are as many as 6 players who will be moved on if we can find buying clubs. My first choice out would be Jorginho with Emerson strapped to his back  (Stewart Robson assessment of Jorginho over Christmas was 1000% correct & nice to hear from someone without shit in their eyes) & I have offered to drive him n his family to the airport. One presumes for every out, Frank would want one in. We shall see.

------------------------------------------

Brighton was more of the same. Unable to kill them off, allowing them a chance till the end. Their goal came from Odi losing the ball allowing a counter attack. We can only imagine Frank sold his soul to Odi's family who in turn have raped our club of a contract which will burn us with each passing year. News Tammy wants not a penny less. BLOODY RIGHT! Frank facing plenty of questions on Odi in last few pressers & it does sound more n more he promised far more than he should have to get him to sign. The boy has been disappointing all season long and as I said at the time, should of called his bluff & sold him. Needs to out on loan.

Forest at the weekend ~ What kind of team will Frank put out?

Probably a very unpopular opinion among our fan base and neural fans, but Zouma has been our most consistent CB during the season. Tomori was also excellent but had dips in form, and a few minor injuries. Rudiger came back but he looked shaky as tits, especially in a 3-4-3. All our cb's struggle in a back three, completely a different situation in a back four. Andreas linked with a move this window, doubt he will as it would leave us super short. Azpilicueta can't play as left back and CB at the same time.

Edited by True Blue

Just now, Cicero said:

Zouma probably our best ‘defender’, but is vastly limited compared to Rudiger and Tomori. The latter is his first season in the premier and has hardly put a foot wrong. 

Don't think he is a better player than either of them, but people tend to jump on his case for every defeat draw even when he isn't the blame for.

11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Don't think he is a better player than either of them, but people tend to jump on his case for every defeat draw even when he isn't the blame for.

Where? Not here certainly. I’ve defended him countless of times this season and he humbly proved me wrong since the start of the season. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Where? Not here certainly. I’ve defended him countless of times this season and he humbly proved me wrong since the start of the season. 

Nahh not here, as the current crop of Chelsea fans on here are sound apart from me. Other forums, and mostly Facebook the "fans" on our page regard Mount as our worst link because he just runs around for fuck sake :D.

Inter Milan officials have held talks with Olivier Giroud's agents and agreed terms for a January transfer, Sky in Italy are reporting.

The France striker, whose Blues deal expires in the summer, has agreed a two-and-a-half year contract to join the Italian side.

However, Inter have yet to agree a deal with Chelsea, who are asking for between £6.8m (€8m) and £8.5m (€10m).

Source: Sky sports