talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

The back three seems to go to chaos when it's changed about and one player that hasn't impressed me at all playing there has been Kurt Zouma whose physical attributes (as it's been documented before) sometimes help hide his limitations as a defender. His injury came at the wrong time and the next two years are going to be interesting for him, for me he's still got a lot to improve on as a defender. Despite his weaknesses being still apparent, he was very good under Mourinho before his injury and he still has great potential. He must work on the tactical and discipline aspects of defending and also improve his ability on the ball (it's never too late). Maybe a loan spell could be good for him if we bring back/sign one or two defenders. 

It will be a interesting summer for us, even though this team is very good we lack depth. We were fortunate not to have long term injuries and Europe next season it will be a different story. Buy players that we need and get rid of the one's we don't or loan them out if they are youngsters. Think we should also sell some several loaned out players that we will never use.

Regardless of people's opinion of Costa in the second half of this season, if he does leave, he's going to be difficult to replace. His performances have improved recently but he's never performed consistently throughout a season for us yet, in 2014/15 it was the same only a bigger deal was made of it this season because of the China links, even last season he started playing well only when Hiddink came in. He'll be difficult to replace regardless, I like Lukaku because of his admiration for the club and hence there my heart is ruling over the decision but the money puts me off. As for Morata, I'd question whether he can be the main man for us throughout a season, I have doubts about his overall play and presence up top on his own. For me he's a good impact player or he does well playing up front as a second striker and there's always doubt there considering the managers he's worked for so far have yet to trust him with full responsibility in being the main striker throughout a season. Above all, I'd be happy with keeping Costa for another season if he's happy to do that.

Regardless of what happens with Lukaku, I still feel we could get him down the line in the future if we really wanted to.

Love this goal.

• Upvote 1

Costa is just such a menace, he's difficult to replace but I think the only player who could replace him properly would be Sanchez. Sanchez is probably the only forward around with the same high level and desire to win.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You will.

When wast he last time we spent nearly that much on a single player. Torres? That was nearly 6 years ago and he  30% less than what you lot are asking for Lukaku. Not to mention Torres was one of the top strikers on the planet at the time. 

Can't see us spending 70 million on one player let alone a player who isn't even worth it. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's often what you need to win titles... a flat track bully. 

We could do with one. 

You're 100% correct, it's the minor slips up that lose a title. Although, 70mil? 

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

When wast he last time we spent nearly that much on a single player. Torres? That was nearly 6 years ago and he  30% less than what you lot are asking for Lukaku. Not to mention Torres was one of the top strikers on the planet at the time. 

Can't see us spending 70 million on one player let alone a player who isn't even worth it. 

We don't seem to go too much over 30M these days, it would surprise me a lot if we spent 70M, the only way I could see it happen if we got a big chunk of money come in from elsewhere.  I wouldn't be happy with spending that amount on Lukaku (or most players tbh) anyway and Everton will be tough negotiators (they have every right to be), like they were with us and John Stones. I say we play the long game with Lukaku, perhaps with his help we can catch him in the future in a summer where his contract is going to expire. I said when we sold him (which makes the quoted 70M even worse as well) that he'd be back with us at some point in the future, I'm pretty sure we could tempt him away from most clubs as well.

I for one am more interested in what's going on in Costa's mind and I'd be more than happy to keep him for another season.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea get £60m for Mediocre players, I'm sure they can afford it. 

I'm sure Liverpool could do the same. You lot could probably hock Lucas Leiva for about that much to some retarded Chinese businessman. It's the not the amount that concerns me the most, it's the precedent of those prices becoming the norm. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I'm sure Liverpool could do the same. You lot could probably hock Lucas Leiva for about that much to some retarded Chinese businessman. It's the not the amount that concerns me the most, it's the precedent of those prices becoming the norm. 

It's becoming the norm already mate. We've just had a £76m bid for Mbeppe rejected. 

It's becoming the norm already mate. We've just had a £76m bid for Mbeppe rejected. 

The last few years have been really crazy, haven't they? I mean Between Rio Ferdinand/Zinidine Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo there was about an eight year span of 30/40mil being the absolute maximum for blockbuster deals. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

The last few years have been really crazy, haven't they? I mean Between Rio Ferdinand/Zinidine Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo there was about an eight year span of 30/40mil being the absolute maximum for blockbuster deals. 

I know! Imagine paying nearly £90m for Pogba when there must be over a hundred players that are better. 

Imige rights etc etc 

15 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

We don't seem to go too much over 30M these days, it would surprise me a lot if we spent 70M, the only way I could see it happen if we got a big chunk of money come in from elsewhere.  I wouldn't be happy with spending that amount on Lukaku (or most players tbh) anyway and Everton will be tough negotiators (they have every right to be), like they were with us and John Stones. I say we play the long game with Lukaku, perhaps with his help we can catch him in the future in a summer where his contract is going to expire. I said when we sold him (which makes the quoted 70M even worse as well) that he'd back with us at some point in the future, I'm pretty sure we could tempt him away from most clubs as well.

I for one am more interested in what's going on in Costa's mind and I'd be more than happy to keep him for another season.

Our board has the tendency to low ball every offer and bail out if it is too much, just like Koulibaly for 50 milliion (thank god we opted for Luiz) 

Like I said, 70 million for one player, and that player is Lukaku:? Won't happen. 

Edited by Cicero

I know! Imagine paying nearly £90m for Pogba when there must be over a hundred players that are better. 

Imige rights etc etc 

I think they were paying 90m for his social media accounts, not his playing ability.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Won't even get the chance to sniff his bills for anything less than £70 million. Certainly not this summer anyway. 

If you don't sell him this summer then his value dicreases ten fold due to the length of his (cock) erm contract!

Just now, Cicero said:

I'm pretty sure we are interested in Lukaku, but Everton need to reconsider that 70 million price tag before we even make a reasonable offer. 

You looking for some sort of champions discount or something? We dictate the price, not Chelsea. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

You looking for some sort of champions discount or something? We dictate the price, not Chelsea. 

Than you will lose a player for free when he leaves next season. Lukaku holds the cards here, not Everton.

Just now, HK85 said:

He has 2 years left on his contract. 

That doesn't make a difference. Lukaku has already admitted that Everton is a stepping stone for his career, do you honestly think Everton can resign a player with that mentality?