talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Tammy does extremely well in getting in the right positions. He’s just very inconsistent in converting the chances he does get. 

Could well be over 20 goals already had he converted all of them 

Against Burnley should have had at least a hat trick with the 100% chances. Saying this he is still very good for our system of play. His hold up play is excellent, and works for the team. I think we should have a different striker as a back up/ competition so we can change the system if needed.

Some random thoughts.

• If we're struggling to create and break teams down why put a right-footed player at left-back who also offers nothing going forward. Azpilicueta's playing time should be reduced. I still think he's useful, he has a big performance in him but I don't see why he gets so many minutes. His performances have dropped notably since Sarri came in when our style of football changed. Play players that suit the style, even if the alternatives are Emerson and Alonso. It would be a big decision to drop Azpilicueta but for me, it's a no brainer if we want to improve offensively. 
  • We need more quality in attacking areas, that has to be our priority as I've said countless times in recent months. The youth players should be allowed the opportunity to grow over the next few years and continue getting playing time but that doesn't mean we can't strengthen those attacking areas. The youth players in attacking areas, Mount and Hudson-Odoi can blow hot and cold, Pulisic as well but that has to be expected to a certain extent. That consistency will either come in a couple of years or not, we'll see but in the meantime, we have to bring in some players with better quality and that doesn't have to come at the expense of the youth players. Willian has had his good moments this season (perhaps him being in the final year of his contract plays a part) and in a way put himself back in the good books with a lot of Chelsea fans but if we continue to rely on him as we are doing, we'll continue getting Europa League standard or thereabouts. The arrival of attacking players should reduce his role and if he's not happy with a reduced role, ship him. Ship Pedro and Giroud as well which looks like it's going to happen anyway.
  • I too think Kanté in certain games should be dropped to allow us more attacking threat. Wrap him in cotton wool and save him for the bigger games, he doesn't have to start every game anymore. 
Edited by carefreeluke

• Subscriber

Any of you Chelsea mob vegans or tried this vegan kiosk out?  xD

@Cicero, @True Blue, @carefreeluke, @Bluewolf and others.

_110597032_veganmenustamfordbridge.jpg

The new vegan menu at Stamford Bridge

Quote.thumb.png.e8f2df73a05274655d56038d40f43b27.png

Chelsea become first Premier League club to introduce a fully vegan kiosk

_110603269_vegankioskatstamfordbridge.jp

The new vegan kiosk at Stamford Bridge

"Who ate all the... buffalo cauliflower wings?"

Not your standard football ground chant.

But when Chelsea hosted Arsenal at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday home supporters were able to sample such delicacies at the Premier League's first fully vegan kiosk.

"Healthy eating is being linked more and more with the health of the planet," Jon Davies, managing director of Levy UK - the catering company that serves Stamford Bridge - told BBC Sport.

"More and more, young fans are environmentally aware and they're looking for more options."

According to the latest research by the Vegan Society, conducted in 2018, there are 600,000 vegans in Britain - up from an estimated 150,000 in 2006.

League Two club Forest Green Rovers was officially recognised as the world's first vegan football club in 2017, and an increasing number of footballers - including Barcelona great Lionel Messi - have adopted a solely plant-based diet.

FULL REPORT

• Wow 1

Lampard has transformed Kovacic whilst simultaneously misused Kante. 

Genuinely think Lampard breaking up the midfield trio of Mount/Kovacic/Jorginho has cost us 7 points. 

Cant stand it when managers shoe horn players in. Even with a winning formula. 

Edited by Cicero

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Lampard has transformed Kovacic whilst simultaneously misused Kante. 

Genuinely think Lampard breaking up the midfield trio of Mount/Kovacic/Jorginho has cost us 7 points. 

Cant stand it when managers shoe horn players in. Even with a winning formula. 

Centre backs go completely out the picture as well. Zouma was ever present until Rudiger returned, Zouma was dropped out of nowhere when he was performing well.

9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Really hope the injury doesn't affect him and he's able to get everything in his game back. Also, praying injuries don't hinder his career anymore, genuinely one of England's best players if he can stay fit and healthy.

One of Englands best players? That's a big call. What's that actually based on because I'd say he's nowhere near that calibre yet.

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Probably the abundance of average central midfielders England has to offer 

Well that says a lot about how poor he actually is if hes not even close to being Englands best CM whilst his competitors are so average like you say? Henderson and Oxlade shit on him for a start. Maddison also is clearly better.

He said "one of Englands best players". That doesn't refer to CM exclusively. 

Trent, Henderson, Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Delli, Gomez etc are miles ahead of Loftus as things stand. 

James Ward Prowse is possibly a better comparison but I'd say even he is better than Loftus.

He doesn't get in Englands starting 11 at the Euros even fully fit for me. Squad player at best.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well that says a lot about how poor he actually is if hes not even close to being Englands best CM whilst his competitors are so average like you say? Henderson and Oxlade shit on him for a start. Maddison also is clearly better.

He said "one of Englands best players". That doesn't refer to CM exclusively. 

Trent, Henderson, Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Delli, Gomez etc are miles ahead of Loftus as things stand. 

James Ward Prowse is possibly a better comparison but I'd say even he is better than Loftus.

He doesn't get in Englands starting 11 at the Euros even fully fit for me. Squad player at best.

He’s recovering from a complete Achilles tear, so no doubt he’s not starting let alone being called up for the Euro’s. He’s a technically gifted, strong ball playing midfielder. Him fully fit is without a doubt one of England’s best midfielders and Southgate recognised that.

I’ve been critical of Ruben for years now. Everything you’d want in a midfielder but we’d only see glimpses of his talent. It was only under Sarri we saw him starting to perform consistently. 

The next few years will either make it or break it for Ruben. His career so far has been hindered with injuries. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

He’s recovering from a complete Achilles tear, so no doubt he’s not starting let alone being called up for the Euro’s. He’s a technically gifted, strong ball playing midfielder. Him fully fit is without a doubt one of England’s best midfielders and Southgate recognised that.

I’ve been critical of Ruben for years now. Everything you’d want in a midfielder but we’d only see glimpses of his talent. It was only under Sarri we saw him starting to perform consistently. 

The next few years will either make it or break it for Ruben. His career so far has been hindered with injuries. 

Yeah to be fair his development has pretty much been stop start throughout his career. I just think claiming him as one of Englands best players was a big stretch that's all.

Edited by LFCMadLad

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah to be fair his development has pretty much been stop start throughout his career. I just think claiming him as one of Englands best players was a big stretch that's all.

There's a group that make up England's better players in my opinion and he's in it. My belief is based on what I've seen him do for Chelsea over the years, England and Palace. Yes, he hasn't had many seasons at all of consistent playing time and the players you mentioned you would put ahead of him due to that but I honestly think the sky is the limit for Loftus-Cheek. I'll stick my neck out and say he's going to be a great player, he already is but he'll get even better. People can come back to this post in the future if it doesn't work out and I'll admit I got it wrong, no problem. The only thing that will stop him is injuries and with that, we can only wait and see.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

There's a group that make up England's better players in my opinion and he's in it. 

Nah not for me mate. Hes miles behind the players I mentioned in my opinion.

The list of players I mentioned could possibly not look out of place at Real, Barca etc. 

Loftus looks like he'd probably struggle to get a game at Spurs as things stand. Hes very Barkley esq.... potential is there but nothing much more. Loftus would probably look good at a club such as West Ham.

Edited by LFCMadLad

Now you're taking the piss mate.

Ruben was first name on the team sheet for midfield towards the end of last season. Even ahead of Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic. He was that valuable. It's the very reason why we were royally pissed off he got injured for that needless friendly in the states just days before the Europa league final. 

My fear is that his career will be labeled as "what if?" 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah not for me mate. Hes miles behind the players I mentioned in my opinion.

The list of players I mentioned could possibly not look out of place at Real, Barca etc. 

Loftus looks like he'd probably struggle to get a game at Spurs as things stand. Hes very Barkley esq.... potential is there but nothing much more. Loftus would probably look good at a club such as West Ham.

Fair enough mate. 

He is miles better than Barkley and has a very unique skill set which will be very useful for Chelsea and England. Let's see.

• Upvote 1