talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

10 hours ago, Dan said:

It's fucking infuriating for admittedly very biased reasons, thought I'd totally beaten the bookies on this one and for seemingly no reason what so ever I'm going to lose after all. Incredibly unlucky.

I don't see how he gets in unless Southgate's a massive fan.

Out of all our youth, James and Tomori should be seen as long term ‘starters’. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Why in gods name has Tomori totally fell out of the reckoning? I stand to win £350 if he goes to the Euros and around November time this looked nailed on. Inexplicably he's seemingly vanished?

Southgate & Lampard have been keeping track of your bets and decided not to play him purely to fuck you over mate.

Thanks to Blue&Wine for the ride down to the south coast Saturday morning. There is no doubt Bournemouth away is one of the better fixtures for enjoying ourselves outside of the football.

Yet again our young manager hamstrung us with his starting selection and as ever, was full of excuses after the game where his interview consists of the same tripe we have heard for most of the season.

As we enter March he still hasnt fixed the defence and this week he decides to drop Rudiger and bring back the youngster who hadnt started a game in weeks. Simply pathetic manager decision. Tomori was picked upon by Bournemouth, Wilson pressuring him each time he received the ball often leading to the youngster rushing possession and losing the ball. Again, he isnt a natural left footer, so opening his body when he has the ball towards the left touchline isnt in his favor. I can not stress how much of a disadvantage Franks decision to return him left us. Tomori was making at least one mistake a match early in the season. At Bournemouth I counted 6 before the manager put right his selection mistake. Couple that with his ongoing love affair with Jorginho, who he loves until we have allowed the opposition to be leading, then he wips him off like the manager has at last seen the light. Fucking pathetic and thank the lord the slowest central midfielder in the EPL now has 10 fucking TEN bookings and is out for two games. So thats both the CL and PL that useless fucking twat is now suspended for. We should ask for an extension. I hope its true what you wrote MKBlueheart, in sending a letter to Jorginho's agent offering to drive them both to the airport in support of his agent, forever pulling our cocks that his player wants to return to Italy. You could have added my name as I would go so far to pay his fucking airfare!

Meanwhile after his season being spent in the stands, a decision solely Franks, Giroud now seems to be first name on the teamsheet, at least infront of Mitchy in the pecking order. 5 at the back, width from the wing backs saw plenty of crosses from outwide. The inclusion of Pedro was another head scratcher, but as others have pointed out in the thread he did produce late in the game.

Lastly, Alonso! I am so pleased for him. The system suits him which I have been banging on for since he has been at the club and yet again he finds the scoresheet. Yes, he isnt a great defender, but in a five he offers so much more.

WalterDavis & Lemoncfc question is one that is starting to get some coverage through many media outlets and Tony Cascarino has been one of the first to highlight Franks inconsistent team selections. I have alot of time for the Ice Cream man as he tends to get right to the point rather than pussy foot around like 99% of ex footballers do when evaluating former team mates clubs ect. I believe the club do face a very important decision off the pitch at the end of this season. Universally agreed the whole squad needs major surgery, we need to decide if we believe Frank has it in him to oversee what is needed? As we sit here in March I am torn. The question has to be who else can we get, and only when we know this, can I make a decision on Frank. As much as I want it to work with him, only his bravery playing the young players is in his favor. There is nothing in what we have seen in his managerial efforts which count in his favor and his playing players out of position and team selections which saddle us with passengers from the kick off has me looking elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------

Haha, wonderful timing those in this thread calling for Tomori   :ph34r:

Jorginho is suspended for three of the next four, interesting to see what Lampard does with the midfield. Would rather see him be brave and put in Gilmour rather than Barkley. As I said, with Jorginho in the match thread, I've seen enough of him now to conclude that for me he's inconsistent if anything. Looks great some games and ineffective others, recently he hasn't even got his touch and passing right which is supposedly his best trait.

Admittedly, Tomori was poor against Bournemouth but regardless both Tomori and Zouma have shown more promise this season and should be given a string of games based on that.

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

God I can’t wait until Liverpool are shit again 

What's Liverpool being shit got to do with Jorginho pal?

Anyway, I cant wait till we are shit as well. It will mean i can totally shut off from the absolute circus that technology has done to football. 

If we win the league I'll be staying at my uncle's for the parade and that's me done. Cant stand the game  

Edited by LFCMadLad

Simon Phillips stating we are looking to bring in Alex Telles from Porto. 1 year left on his contract and a reported 20 million could land him. 

Thank goodness. Hope it’s true. Both he and Ziyech would be instant impacts. 

16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Simon Phillips stating we are looking to bring in Alex Telles from Porto. 1 year left on his contract and a reported 20 million could land him. 

Thank goodness. Hope it’s true. Both he and Ziyech would be instant impacts. 

I'd rather have Chilwell

• Administrator
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

You don't rate Chilwell that highly mate?

I do more than others but if we're gonna get £60m+ for him I'd sell him and get someone better like Telles for cheaper. 

He’s virtually bang average when you consider the tag. 

I know Lampard wants a say on transfers so I’m hoping this is just media speculation. Telles would cost a fraction less which would free up our budget, not to mention Telles has been on our radar for a few seasons now. 

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You do? 

Think he is a very good player, but for the price of 60 mill or more i'd say no. However to be perfectly fair seen very little off Alex Telles. I will take your word and Stan's that he is good, and with that price we don't have much to lose. We lost money on far worse signings to be fair.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Think he is a very good player, but for the price of 60 mill or more i'd say no. However to be perfectly fair seen very little off Alex Telles. I will take your word and Stan's that he is good, and with that price we don't have much to lose. We lost money on far worse signings to be fair.

Telles has been on our radar for a while now. From reading analysis on players who watch him regularly, they state he is average defensively (still better than what we have) but a phenom in the final third. Sort of a rich man’s Alonso 

I guess I should have swinging my Dick above my head after knocking out a club having a PL career season, but the game left me more worried about decisions my club need to make this coming summer.

Last three games, Frank has chosen a different left sided CH for each game. Its March and he still has no clue who his best defence is or for that matter, how to fix it. Watching Liverpool run around using the ball given up so easily by our starting defenders had me cringing at the low level of play of our team. On another night I am sure Liverpool would have profited from the easy ball they got and been in the hat for the next round by 20 mins in. Kepa, returned to the team also had a pass it to them moment early on, but then managed to get in the way of Liverpools weak finishing. Yes we won, but our young manager still has more questions than answers and in turn the club will have a huge question to answer at the end of the season.

10 years ago I saw a young man make his full debut for the club and run a game with a performance that up to then the best debut I had seen in 40 years. Josh McEachran played in the same position as Billy Gilmore that night. Spookerly they share the same build and fast feet on the ball. Alas, those skills never were enough to even grab a squad position in the PL for Josh. Josh forever out muscled on the ball, Billy reminds me of that previous talent. It was a pleasure to see someone passing to another blue shirt and we can only hope he fills out a bit more in the near future.

Leicester next.... another chance for Rodgers to break his Chelsea duck.

Well it would be wrong not to say a hat full of goals was due in a home game for us, so it was no surprise we at last had some end product to the over whelming control we tend to have in home fixtures.

It must be stressed, Everton were shocking and got exactly what they deserved.

Our manager again changed formation opting for a 4 at the back, Zouma shocking as the left sided CH. Not sure what Dave was doing for most of the game and Rudiger was running around trying to put out fires whenever Everton crossed the half way line. Alonso, unable to get as far forward as when in a 5, had a adequate enough time.

Two games we have seen young Billy Gilmore and he has proved beyond doubt all I have said about Jorginho being a complete and utter fucking waste of a Chelsea shirt. There is no debate and we must now look forward to fucking him off our Island back to whoever is mug enough to sign him. Billy on the other hand has a huge future in the game and I am sure we will suffer plenty of lines from the garbage press on other clubs wanting to sign him come the summer.

Our manager after the game, loving the press conference where he stopped our press officer from ending the conference too early as he was enjoying so much taking questions  on how his management at last had something to stick his chest out too in the hope it would get rubbed. Me on the other hand was hoping one of the garbage press would ask him why it took till February for Giroud to start a premier league game and how many points has that decision cost our club?

Gilmore was named man of the match by Sky. Its not unusual for them to get it wrong, which they did again Sunday. Barkley was FANTASTIC. Really run the game going forward and had enough energy to do plenty of work without the ball too. I honestly think there is a very good player in him which just needs to be brought to fruition far more often than either Everton or ourselves have seen. I hope he gets a run in the team, but one thing we have learnt with Frank, its unlikely as he tends to change far too many times. The front three all played very well with Willian making the Everton back line look like they were all carrying a Fridge each as they ran back towards their goal. Even Pedro managed to get free of them for his goal, which was opened up by a defence splitting ball from Barkley.

Villa next and a chance to see the other player I would most like to see wearing a Chelsea shirt next season. Grealish.

Come on John, work your magic!

• Upvote 1