talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I must start this off by saying I don’t think I have wanted a Chelsea manager to succeed as much as I do with our Frank. The rarest Bird of all, an educated English footballer from a professional football family, he has always struck me as someone who would seamlessly move from pitch to sideline. The time between the last two games I have entered into much debate with fellow Chelsea fans who’s opinion I respect. Some are of the opinion Frank will hold us back from coming to fruition through inexperience & unable to find the correct balance between homegrown’s & signings. Others like myself have been very critical of many of his decisions through the season especially the length of time he allowed Tammy to keep Giroud off the pitch, a decision I believe has left us still with a question mark over our CL qualification. I think its very important to state, while I am not enthusiastic in his performance so far this season, I hold a belief he will get better & make more correct calls as he gets more time in the seat & understanding of his players. While there are some who feel his position may be questioned without CL next season, I believe the Club & owner are of a mind he stays come what may.

Last nights performance underlines how poor a result West Ham was. Granted, Watford were not the best, but with a few selection tweaks, the team improved by a huge percentage over Wednesday night. Obviously the inclusion of Giroud from the start helped. I am deeply sorry to say, Tammy when selected from the start has replaced Jorginho as the passenger in the team. The level of performance between Tammy & Giroud is alarming & we must admire our young manager keeping faith with his start of the season CF choice, but while we still have a chance of top four, the Frenchman must start.

At last he swapped Dave over to the other side. Alas, while it kinda fixes left flank of a back four, it weakens right side defensively. Agreed with the Rudiger decision, however Christensen is a huge liability who also needs replacing. The way Danny Wellbeck ran around Christensen at the end of the game was everything you need to evaluate the defender. Zouma continues to put in fair performances when starting. It’s just when he is slightly off his game it’s truly painful watching.

Kante played well & it was nice to hear Glenn Hoddle backing Franks decision to only play the one infront of the defence. As he said, “when you have the best in the world in his position, play him there”. While his distribution is not on Pirlo’s level, the extra comfortable player on the ball infront of him should allow him easy passes to complete, as the case last night.

Much kudos to both Barkley and Mount. The latter gets through plenty of work n makes me smile whenever we get a shooting range free kick. He is always in the group over the ball. Never gets the nod, but yesterday, after a number of chances came our way in the first half which were wasted by the usual suspects, Mount got his chance, who promptly followed the others into hitting his effort into the wall! Lol. I like him & continue to hold a big hope for him, although he is far too friendly with the media (pet hate of mine for all players) & needs to become invisible when off the pitch. Being so friendly probably helps his MOTM awards. Barkley (the real man of the march) again was very good. I love his work rate without the ball & took note of him busting a gut getting back to help defend in the final minutes of the game. I continue to believe the more he plays n gains confidence the better he will become for the club. The assist for Giroud was sublime & wonderful to rid the haters of their how many league games without a goal stat. Mins on the pitch is the real stat.

Thrilled to hear Frank say the club have opened up dialog with Willian over new contract. Even those Chelsea fans who find him the yuck side of Marmite are finding it difficult to fault the guy of late. Giroud gave us so much more. If only we could put his football brain into Tammy.

I have spoken up for Pulisic since we signed him. He is the most exciting player at the club since Hazard. Love his directness. Hope they get him to muscle up a bit as he looks a tumble away from 3 weeks out. Would suggest he gets out of the habit of glancing at the officials when he is about to hit the deck.

Excellent performance & result. Plenty of difficult games ahead, but huge optimism we have a wonderful chance of cracking times ahead.

Word is young Billy was stunned being carted off at half time at Leicester, so Franks decision to over look Jorginho & insert Billy for Kante late on could well be a sign we are looking for, the manager improving in his role. However, Billy needs to be on the same muscle plan as Pulisic. The effortless way Will Hughes knocked Billy off the ball late on was more than a eyebrow raiser.

Plenty of Chelsea outlets nailing their nuts to Kai Havertz being the next signing through the door.

Class act, but we are hardly light in his area of the pitch.

Plus, how come our new kits get leaked so often? 2nd kit is leaked by the same outlet who managed to get the first kit. footheadlines

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

So, what's Willian's place in Chelsea's history? Has he done enough to be considered a club legend? 

I feel like most Chelsea's fans have a love-hate relationship with him, so I'm curious.

he gets slagged off on here by Chelsea fans on a daily basis (see the transfer rumour thread), so I'd say he won't be considered anything near a legend. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

So, what's Willian's place in Chelsea's history? Has he done enough to be considered a club legend? 

I feel like most Chelsea's fans have a love-hate relationship with him, so I'm curious.

49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

he gets slagged off on here by Chelsea fans on a daily basis (see the transfer rumour thread), so I'd say he won't be considered anything near a legend. 

A player we should of sold 3 years ago.

His lack of end product has set us back tremendously these past few years. Especially in Europe. Our right side, along with Dave, offered protection in defence but virtually nothing in the final third. This emphaised Hazard's influence in particular. 

Overall, I'd rank him the same as Malouda. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

I like him but he is frustrating. He has the pace, the technique, the flair, the effort, and the drive...but he still puts each shot right into the GK's chest. He should be in the triple digits with the amount of chances he has had. I can't speak for anyone else so I won't but Wilian is a fine player that I admire but not one that I idolise. People are often too vitriolic with their hatred of players, mistakening it for passion.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everybody slags off everyone unfortunately. Time is kind to a lot of players and I reckon people will be more fond of him in the future. I remember people disliking Drogba once upon a time, pathetic really, but I do suppose that was back when he was seen as a diva and linked to leaving the club every other week.

Shocking performance. I am so tired of dominating teams for long periods only to be fighting a rear guard action for the final 15 mins of the match. Yes we really missed Kante infront of the four, but the truth is we are wide open to any team who decide to have a go. It’s the major fault against Franks year in charge. 4 league games to go and we have not improved defensively and you could argue we have got worse.

The goalie is a mistake that will need to be fixed in the near future. When pressured on their first goal, Frank deflected by speaking only on the late great save made by the goalie. Whoever signed needs to lose their job.

Christensen is weak, but when alongside James it’s the blind leading the blind.

Billy is neat and will end up being called the Crab if he does not improve his distribution forward. Many calling Mount our player of the season. There are two better. William & Pulisic. Granted Mason has played in many games & not let us down. The other two have got us many points over the season & for me warrant the nod before Mason. However, I would not begrudge Mason if it comes his way.

One thing is for sure, it won’t be Jorginho. What’s with Frank? It’s as thou he has been reading my Game day attending members postings for the last two seasons & seen the light! Lol. Well either mine or OldManChopper’s LOL. In saying that when he did get on the pitch he looked far more assured than Billy.

Lastly what a colossus of a game from Zouma. Two great games on the trot from him in my mind means he is due one of his other games, so we need to have someone on the bench ready n waiting.

It will be VERY interesting to see if the Palace players put as much effort into their game against Man Utd in a couple weeks?

There are pages one could write on how poorly we played unable to keep Palaces heads under the water. Quite frankly Frank, fucking employ someone to sort out our team without the ball cause its plain to see, you aint got a Scooby’s.

------

Sorry to see Gary go down like that.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

It's funny, when Jorginho was subbed on Chelsea had 80% possession and dominated Crystal Palace. Some people just don't get it. Is it opposite day where this chap lives?

You just don’t listen to OldManChopper enough

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No. 

From this morning - 

Inter want €30m Emerson & Giroud

Chelsea have rejected Inter’s offer of €20m for Emerson Palmieri, but the Nerazzurri are prepared to go to €30m if the deal includes Olivier Giroud.

Emerson is Inter’s first choice to bolster their left flank this summer, but Tuttosport warns he will not come cheap as Chelsea want €30m for the full-back.

However, the newspaper writes the Beneamata have revived their interest in Giroud and are prepared to meet the Blues’ asking price if the striker is included.

Despite recently signing a new contract, the 33-year-old is about to be pushed further down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge by Timo Werner.

Inter have already pulled off one signing for next season, clinching a €45m transfer for Real Madrid right-sider Achraf Hakimi.

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ah, very well could. 

Would be hard to keep Werner/Tammy & Giroud all happy. 

I'm not sure how Inter plan to see Lukaku/Martinez/Giroud all happy unless the rumors are true and Martinez is on his way out. 

Hey there can’t be anyone of us who didn’t accept a result like this could happen to us from what we have seen since the return of the Asterisk season, While we can look irresistible going forward at times, we are also the pin up boys for weak pussyfoot defending not seen at our club in decades. Even when we were shit, & I was there, the defending was full of heart n commitment. Can anyone honestly say those two utmost important ingredients are evident in our team?  

Disgusted with Frank. Its ok pointing fingers & stating he had learned a lot about certain Chelsea players, but how about the managers decision making, both before n during the game? Since the return we have been beaten by a team with 10 behind the ball & now a team who pressed way up the pitch. Neither tactic was a surprise. West Ham have been doing the same thing to us for years and yesterdays opponents have earned a huge reputation for the way they were set up. Hardly Rocket science!

Yet Frank failed in both fixtures & yesterday for me was down to him 100%. He did not adapt to what everyone knew was coming.

He has stressed it is very important to him that we have the capability to be set up in many different formations & have the ability to handle anything new which is thrown at us during a game. Surely both these said games are ideal opportunities for the manager to show off his philosophy?

Suffering the game again this morning I have come the only conclusion that makes sense.

Frank & the players already know City are going to be sunk on Monday.  :ay: