talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Kante cleanly won back the ball 7-8 times in Southamptons half, high up the pitch. Not once did it result in a shot on target by us.

1000% with the manager embarrassing Odi. I could name 8-9 others since the appointment of Sarri who deserve the same.

Terrible waste of points, but a huge reason to be more opptimistic for the future.

• Upvote 1

Kinda makes you wonder what all the fuss was about when we pulled them out of the hat?

They were terrible. I dont think it had anything to do with how they were set up, they were truly not up for it. Granted they had a few out, but surly enough to play better than they did.

As far as ourselves its becoming a common theme through all our games how wasteful we are with possession. Its the usual suspects who need to be name called.

So far, I like this manager. I think he has something about him and explains himself clearly in a honest manner on what we have just witnessed. This is something I can only remember 3 other Chelsea managers having in their locker over the last 25 years.

Crap game which again we failed to take advantage of the pressure we created.

United are an Olympic sprinting n diving squad who other than an outstanding centre midfield player are as far away from being good enough as they have under any manager since Sir Alex.

Yet again dropped points in a fixture we should taken all three and news that Tammy threw a wobbly with the manager on being told he wasnt invold in the matchday squad.

He, along with 3-4 others would get my vote to be moved this summer, but I do not like the news Tomori is open to signing for Milan. Something a miss there?

9 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Crap game which again we failed to take advantage of the pressure we created.

United are an Olympic sprinting n diving squad who other than an outstanding centre midfield player are as far away from being good enough as they have under any manager since Sir Alex.

Yet again dropped points in a fixture we should taken all three and news that Tammy threw a wobbly with the manager on being told he wasnt invold in the matchday squad.

He, along with 3-4 others would get my vote to be moved this summer, but I do not like the news Tomori is open to signing for Milan. Something a miss there?

Who are the others?

9 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

You and everyone else must be utterly fucking shite then xD

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2021 at 23:15, carefreeluke said:

Who are the others?

Sorry so long too answer, busy elsewhere.

Current Squad
Emerson
Tammy Abraham
Antonio Rüdiger
Jorginho
Callum Hudson-Odoi

Maybe Mount   ;)

Loanees  ect ect
Davide Zappacosta
Baba Rahman
Michy Batshuayi
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
10+ others

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Thomas Tuchel is the first Chelsea Manager to remain unbeaten in his first 13 games in charge. :100_pray:

Their performances have improved immensely since he took over. It looks like he is really getting the best out of the players and they now seem to be playing close to their full potential.

• Upvote 1

A dangerously competent performance over the two legs & again one wonders what the fuss was about when we drew Athletico? It's because of their display during this tie makes me wonder are we as clever as we hope?

There is no doubt our manager has brought the players together, something as time ticks past since he arrived has leaked out they were not under the previous manager.

Frank was brought in to fix the toxic atmosphere between the match day fans and the horrendous year of Sarri. While so many of us were happy for his return there is no doubt in my football mind, he was lacking in many of the basic needs to manage a club with the expectations we have. The present manager is further along in his managerial experience and he is showing it in spades. As Jason Cundy said last night on talksport, there is no reason why Frank cant come again once his learnt more at a lesser club.

With that said, as I have stated from 4-5 games in with this manager, I like him. I find it very impressive his major decision to return us to a back 3, returning Alonso in most games to his wing back role & playing Kante in his ONLY FUCKING POSITION has our players looking far more as one, both on and off the pitch. Eye opener celebrations in the stand afer last nights 2nd goal. Even those of you at our home who flagged up the problems created in the dressing room by Frank must be scratching your heads at the way they have all bought into Tuchel. I guess not losing helps that. Also, AlanSimmonsCFC, your posting predicting Athletico would not score against us over the two legs is right up there for this season!

2014 was the last time we found ourselves in the last 8, long gone have the days we were last 4 favs most seasons, so Fridays draw should be interesting. Not sure the managers boast nobody will want to draw us stands up, but I guess he is again flooding his players with confidence. Shame he can't unlock the scoring ability of a few of the guys he picks up front!
  • Upvote 1

Roman Abramovich smiling for the camera: Roman Abramovich — Roman Abramovich defends Chelsea’s revolving door policy in rare interview - REUTERS

Roman Abramovich has defended his record for firing managers and reaffirmed his commitment to the club in a rare interview from the Chelsea owner.

Frank Lampard, Chelsea’s record goalscorer, in January became the 10th manager to be sacked by Abramovich during the Russian billionaire’s 18-year reign at Stamford Bridge.

Thomas Tuchel, the current head coach, is the 14th manager to work under Abramovich and has guided Chelsea back into the top four of the Premier League and into the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the first time in seven years.

Asked about Chelsea’s revolving door policy, Abramovich said: “I think we are pragmatic in our choices. And we are comfortable making the right changes at the right time to ensure we can achieve our long-term ambitions. I hope it also says something about the clarity of the long-term ambition of the club. Those who join understand the objectives both on the pitch, as well as the wider positive role the club plays in the community.”

Chelsea have won five Premier League titles, the Champions League, two Europa Leagues, five FA Cups and the League Cup three times since Abramovich bought the club in 2003.

“I think the trophies speak for themselves and show what we as a club have been able to achieve over these years,” Abramovich told Forbes. “And it’s my goal for us to keep winning trophies going forward and build for the future.”

Abramovich has not been to a Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge for over two years and can no longer work in England after deciding not to renew his visa.

But he reiterated his commitment to the club, adding: “Chelsea has a very rich history, and I feel extremely fortunate to play a part in that. The club was here before me, and will be here after me, but my job is to ensure we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future. That’s why the success of our academy at Cobham [training ground] is so important to me.”

I have to say I wasnt pleased with the managers chosen line-up. He made reference straight after the game that he felt players were tired hence so many changes, but for me it was because of all the changes we made a Dog's dinner of the tie, allowing a very poor side to be still be in it near the end of the game. Reading others before me I can see I am not alone in thinking we got away with one. I doubt he will make the same mistake in the Semi as our CL draw luck did not extend to the FA Cup.

CHO is getting alot of airtime under this manager and has even had a position manufactured for him as a wingback. His performances have very little baring on the outcome of games and if I had a fiver for every time he gets the ball checks and passes backwards or sideways I'd have enough for a Summers  time of Beer. Rarely does he get past the marking full back and there is a case to say he is a member of the Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink school of ball control. Maybe he will get better, but for me he is getting far too many chances compaired to others who could start on that flank. 

I am in agreement with others before me in this thread we are desparate to either unlock the goal getting of the players we currently have or bring in someone to finish off the wonderful game control we are currently enjoying. Obviously we are being used by the media to flush out the goal machine at Dortmund real destination, so I wouldnt hold my breath on that being the answer. Blue&Wine makes an excellent point that our problem maybe the guys who should be assisting more than the guys sticking it in the net. He sure paints a thought provoking picture, inserting a young Fabregas into our team would make it far easier for those who score the goals. So maybe thats the player type we need.

ChelseaTotty &TheRealFatFrank reaction to the owners interview are very funny. It's hardly the first words from him over the years. I have a football programme against Hull around here somewhere where he states how great his first Ten years have been & looks forward to many more years together. And who can forget 14-year-old Chelsea fan Oran Tully from Skerries in Ireland who got to ask Roman a burning question obviously set up by Sky on their "My Special Day". Hardly the Mute they would have you believe.