talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 22/03/2021 at 14:46, Stan said:

I don't recall seeing Blue&Wine, ChelseaTotty or TheRealFatFrank on this forum?

Stan

Over a year ago I stated in this thread I no longer had the time to tap out fresh posts for each of the boards I frequent & would copy n paste.

If it pains you too much as you run your eyes over a few screen names, please feel free to edit those deeply offending names. Or of course, don't read it ~ I am sure my Chelsea thoughts have little interest to a Fox's fan  ;)

Amazing, taken a year for someone to pick up on this lol.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Stan

Over a year ago I stated in this thread I no longer had the time to tap out fresh posts for each of the boards I frequent & would copy n paste.

If it pains you too much as you run your eyes over a few screen names, please feel free to edit those deeply offending names. Or of course, don't read it ~ I am sure my Chelsea thoughts have little interest to a Fox's fan  ;)

Amazing, taken a year for someone to pick up on this lol.

Haha I'm not gonna remember what's said in this thread a year ago xD xD

Sorry to disappoint you on that! 

Your thoughts always have interest, as do everyone else's on here. Don't take it personal :D

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I suspect @El Profesor has a good take on what he's like and how he'll slot in there...

Gabriel Menino is one of the best young players in brazilian football. He was a vital part of Palmeiras' Libertadores title last season. 

He's a central midfielder but he's extremely versatile and can also play as a right-back. In fact, Tite has called him last to the NT last year as a right-back. 

Very polished player for his age. I think there are players with more potential in brazilian football, but Menino due to his versatility and maturarity is one of the safest bets. He's the kind of player who doesn't necessarily have an outstanding tool but can do everything well.

Atlético de Madrid is also said to be interested. 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 2

I saw this on Twitter and it basically sums up what I think when I watch us play these days.

The system gives players a foundation, in the build-up, there's normally always a passing and comfort option for one of our deeper players to pass to. There's a lot of passing around the back and within the double pivot but progression elsewhere is less common. This passing and control amongst the defenders etc allow us to control big parts of the game. The system simplifies the game for a lot of players, it gives them security when they're on the ball, they'll look to go forward and if they can, they will but a lot of the time they end up playing to someone nearby as that option is always on.

Overall, the system gives the players a lot of security in terms of build-up from the back and with defending, it hides the true levels of a lot of our players as the system protects them. Our overall comfort however within this system becomes a lot more difficult when teams press high and look to get on the ball and this is my worry as we come to the crunch end of the season. We've seen teams already cause us problems in this way. I just think overall, we're not as good as people think we are but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Edited by carefreeluke

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Chelsea fans, do you guys think Thiago Silva deserves a contract extension? 

Yes.

In our top five best performers this season and perhaps he would be talked about more highly if he hadn't missed a good chunk of Tuchel's first few months which coincided with the team playing well again.

If we continue next season with a similar system, even more so as it's a system that allows him more protection. The truth is though is that I thought he also did very well for us in a back four when Lampard used it as well. A solid season for him and he comes across as a cool bloke as well.

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Upvote 1

I haven't watched Inter since they played Sevilla in the Europa League final when this lad wasn't even on their books. I'll say one thing though, Conte's system makes wing-backs look like world-beaters. It did the same with Alonso and Moses, one is now the second choice for us and the other is on loan in Russia. Hakimi could go on to be one of the best full-backs of all time but there's no doubt in mind, Conte's system is made for wing-backs to shine. They are basically playing as forwards at times.

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I haven't watched Inter since they played Sevilla in the Europa League final when this lad wasn't even on their books. I'll say one thing though, Conte's system makes wing-backs look like world-beaters. It did the same with Alonso and Moses, one is now the second choice for us and the other is on loan in Russia. Hakimi could go on to be one of the best full-backs of all time but there's no doubt in mind, Conte's system is made for wing-backs to shine. They are basically playing as forwards at times.

He gets goals and assists no matter what. Pretty much a winger that is decent defensively.

Congrats to the girls on retaining their WSL title ~ Fingers crossed for them next weekend.

Boys are playing some good stuff just now ~ The amount of work Werner gets through in a game is really something.

Did you know? ~ If Harry Kane had stuck at Norwich City, he would have 3 winners medals now!

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Did you know? ~ If Harry Kane had stuck at Norwich City, he would have 3 winners medals now!

Or a PL trophy medal if he moved to us :D 

Painful weekend for our club.

Girls took an very sad experience on the chin which I guess we must have thought could have happened before the game. Disastrous opening goal was a frame of things to come & we will never know how much of a difference to the game Harder would have made if she had taken her wonderful chance soon after their first.

As long as the mens team start with just 10 players we will always be subject to these kind of results. The passenger continues to weaken us & alas this manager disappointed during the last two games. I happen to think he believes his own press & feels he has to tinker with his starting line up, when more of the same would have given positive results. As I stated just a couple games into his time in our hot seat, I like him. I would just like to see him a little more consistent with his selections & to show some balls when he took the easy way out against Arsenal, removing Billy the young player over the most pathetic excuse of a player we have on the books, Jorginho, who like the West Brom defeat, he was the major reason for the loss.

Footnote:
Does Leicester's win mean they replace Tottenham in the Big Six?

• Subscriber
On 17/05/2021 at 10:32, The Liquidator said:

Painful weekend for our club.

Girls took an very sad experience on the chin which I guess we must have thought could have happened before the game. Disastrous opening goal was a frame of things to come & we will never know how much of a difference to the game Harder would have made if she had taken her wonderful chance soon after their first.

As long as the mens team start with just 10 players we will always be subject to these kind of results. The passenger continues to weaken us & alas this manager disappointed during the last two games. I happen to think he believes his own press & feels he has to tinker with his starting line up, when more of the same would have given positive results. As I stated just a couple games into his time in our hot seat, I like him. I would just like to see him a little more consistent with his selections & to show some balls when he took the easy way out against Arsenal, removing Billy the young player over the most pathetic excuse of a player we have on the books, Jorginho, who like the West Brom defeat, he was the major reason for the loss.

Footnote:
Does Leicester's win mean they replace Tottenham in the Big Six?

Obsessed 

There is no doubt our lack of clinical finishing make our first team a hard watch when we dominate teams but fail to kill them off early and then gift them an opportunity to get back into the game, when in truth they truly did not deserve.

Would we have accepted needing a win from our final game at Villa for CL football at the start of the season. I guess we probably would have baring in mind Frank pretty much did the same last season. A better question is when Tuchel came in did we feel we would have qualification in our own hands come the Villa game? I would say those who were hurt most by the change of manager were convinced we wouldnt be, so those of us who agreed with the decision to end Franks time are relived his replacement still has this chance to complete what he was asked to do.

I do enjoy how Tuchel handles the garbage (All) media.

Two full seasons on we are still paying through the nose for the appointment of the worst Chelsea manager during EPL times.

Yes I am a broken record. The guy Sarri insisted on, yet again poured more fuel on my assessment of him just a few weeks into his Chelsea career. I have been calling him out AND stated he and Kovacic should never ever start a game together. Today was the perfect example of my warning with us having to cheer Tottenham to help us fall over the line for next seasons CL.

There is so much more to say on how poor a performance today was, but with the amount of alcohol flowing through my veins to help one get through the game its probably wise to excuse anyone the poison words I would need to spit out to do justice to how bad they all were. Credit to Chilwell, he didnt try n flower their performance and once he disappeared more Alcohol was the answer to the evening.

Absolutely crap.