talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 23/10/2021 at 00:36, carefreeluke said:

So the likes of Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech can perform how they like because they were bought for good money or are more experienced but Hudson-Odoi gets shifted after one bad performance. Who knows if Hudson-Odoi will even fulfill his potential and start performing consistently but put him in the team for ten games straight now and he'd offer more than the previous three in that time, that's for sure.

There is alot to say on CHO and I feel sure you will not like almost all of it. I would hope you get to hear what is coming out of Cobham and Stamford Bridge on matchdays which I am guessing you don't as it would answer your gripe. From refusing to answer a under 21 call up to not carrying out managers instructions when he joins the pitch, Callum isn't feathering his bed with the people who control his destiny. Should have been moved on when we had the chance, as he should move on from those he allows to represent him and his parents.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I personally don't get the 'hate' for CHO by some of our fanbase. He's deserved some criticism but this is now two games on the bounce he's performed well. This is his opportunity to cement that LW spot so all we can do is support him. 

I think it left a bad taste in peoples mouths the way he leveraged Bayern Munich’s interest in him to get a big deal out of Chelsea before he’d really proven himself.

Not like that makes me understand why some Chelsea fans just want to see him fail… 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it left a bad taste in peoples mouths the way he leveraged Bayern Munich’s interest in him to get a big deal out of Chelsea before he’d really proven himself.

Not like that makes me understand why some Chelsea fans just want to see him fail… 

As if anyone would do different.

If a company comes in for you and offers you the same job worth 80K a year salary, virtually everyone would notify their current employer unless they absolutely hated them. Company X is offering me this, can you do the same? 

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As if anyone would do different.

If a company comes in for you and offers you the same job worth 80K a year salary, virtually everyone would notify their current employer unless they absolutely hated them. Company X is offering me this, can you do the same? 

Nah it’s obvious that anyone would do that.

I think some Chelsea fans are being very strange by constantly hoping he fails because he leveraged something into getting more money from the club.

Like it’s their money he’s being paid with or something when it definitely isn’t. xD

Dunno why anyone would want a player of theirs to fail tbh

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't see why they didn't just sell him. 

Bayern were obviously a lot more convinced about his quality than Chelsea are, and Chelsea are stacked enough in the forward/attacking midfield positions. 

There is alot of sense in what you suggest, however at the time of Bayern interest Chelsea as a club were suffering from "What If" syndrome and had turned to keeping many youngsters who were showing promise. German football including said club proved to have the knack of poaching young talent and getting the very best out of them and Bayerns interest set off alarm bells and probably a will to stop Bayern taking advantage of us. Today we have buy backs inserted into deals for our youngsters (Tammy Tino ect) who we feel maybe late bloomers.

The timing was perfect for CHO people, he had just starred in a young world cup after benefiting from Dortmund calling Sancho back from the tournament allowing Callum to start wide left. He like many others excelled in his own age group & his short term contract was about to end. His people exploited the situation by asking the Earth.

That was the time to sell as I and others stated at the time via ChelseaTV.

After signing the contract he should have taken the same professional progression as young Gallagher who is now pulling up Trees at Palace.

All clubs make mistakes and allowing Rice to leave is probably our worst. Ces't la vie

I wouldn't say there is hate for CHO just disappointment he has been mostly poor since his injury.

He has the odd good game mostly followed by mediocrity.

Personally felt Tuchel should have said consistency over 10 games rather than 250.

Still if he starts delivering now the CFC faithful will get behind him.

6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I wouldn't say there is hate for CHO just disappointment he has been mostly poor since his injury.

Personally felt Tuchel should have said consistency over 10 games rather than 250.

Can be said about virtually every attacker for us. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Can be said about virtually every attacker for us. 

Yes yet he was playing wide back for a spell not just in attack. 

Mount recently has been up and down though before that was consistently good for me.

Werner consistently making good runs just not finishing.

Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic have not been that great and would agree are inconsistent.

Now seems to be a good time for CHO to stake his place.

18 hours ago, Waylander said:

Any dislike, or frustration from some fans as I would put it, has been brought upon himself by both his people his performances & behavior since gaining his contract.

Poor performances outweigh promising by roughly 5/1 which for me is being kind to the boy. The manager manufactured a new position for him which he hasn't taken too like Moses & the buzz around the ground of late is he does not listen to instructions from the manager.

When you swindle a huge contract, that up to the time of signing many felt you did not deserve, you need to ensure you do not load any ammunition to those disgusted we caved in, instead of getting rid. Up too the time of tapping these words out I defy anyone who goes to the games to offer a case he has been worth the Contract. Do your job on the pitch and I will praise you.

Hey the biggest headline he has produced since signing is his liking for late night probable call girl visits.

• Upvote 1

Disappointing news Kovacic is out till at least after the next International break with a hamstring.

Real shame as he was starting to get his act together with assists.

Manager says we wont see Lukaku or Werner till after that International break either.

Not sure whats going on with Christensen. There are those who told us weeks ago he was signing a new contract, yet I hear there has been no communication between club n player for sometime. Does this mean the club are confident on Rudiger's contract?

I thought Havetz played well as the No.9 yesterday would like to see him play there for a spell. 

Thought he showed energy, good movement and linked well. 

If he plays there against better opposition we should know more if he is the real deal.

Personally not overly  impressed with Lukaku.

@The Liquidator

I agree with some of what you say regarding Hudson-Odoi, Tuchel's interaction with him is similar to Lampard's and Sarri's really as well where they all have publicly demanded and wanted more.

My family are season ticket holders and two were at the Champions League final this year, how's the match going opinion make any difference? His best form was under Sarri and then he got that big injury and since then he's been irregular really, if anything disappointing so I guess in that sense he hasn't deserved that contract yet. I do however strongly believe context is important and that he deserves more time to show his worth and deserves more opportunities in the team in his best position. I also believe looking at the recent form of our other attacking players, that he would offer more than them if given a good run in the team. I think he's treated slightly unfairly when the likes of Pulisic, Ziyech, and Havertz can all maintain places in the team or get more opportunities, despite not performing that well. If it's a case as you said that he doesn't follow the manager's instructions at times, this is however more understandable.

Will he eventually fulfill his potential? I don't know but it's definitely worth playing him a lot more. The first goal yesterday comes about from his willingness to run at players and take them on which is something the team has been lacking in recent months. This is where my only gripe with him lays at the moment though, he should be looking to do that a lot more, he needs to be a lot more positive with the ball at times and run at the opposition with the ball at his feet, he needs to show that directness a lot more often.

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

This is his 4th game on the trot and has been good. He's arguably offered more than what Werner could of in these past few games lets be honest. 

Werner is underrated because of what he offers off the ball, pressing, off the ball movement, work rate. I think he's great, just has problems with finishing.

On 01/11/2021 at 11:50, carefreeluke said:

Werner is underrated because of what he offers off the ball, pressing, off the ball movement, work rate. I think he's great, just has problems with finishing.

@carefreeluke

Hello Luke, you make a couple fine points in your post mate. Yes I am not sold on Callum and would still put my name behind selling him given the chance of the kinda money Bayern where offering, however I took in our managers words today when he questioned his decision to play him as a right wing back after seeing him produce a better quality on the left flank, a point you made. Id agree after being played wide left almost exclusively during his youth days he looks more at home in that position, although his setting up of James up in Newcastle was as rare a Rocking Horse Dung as he went outside of defenders instead of his basic cut\check inside which is one of the things the manager as well as previous managers got tired of asking him to do. I for one hope we see more of the same from him, but I believe he will cause us more problems\heartache than opposing defenders.

Away Newcastle.

Excellent 3 points for us if only for the fact it’s a fixture we tend to lose points at. They were very poor for the entire game & we seemed to be content with playing along with defence against offense without trying to bust a gut to score. As often happens in these kinda games, score once and floodgates open for a few more. James is looking everything we hoped he would become & disappointed he didn’t get to take penalty for his hat-trick.

On 01/11/2021 at 06:50, carefreeluke said:

I agree, but that too is the issue. 

We spent 50 million for a player who's best attribute is off the ball? He's a forward?

• Sad 1

Yes we are poor in the forward department.

Havertz seems technically our best CF yet he missed 2 or maybe even 3 yesterday though did contribute a pre-assist for the goal.

I think with Lukaku we have bought a counter-attacking striker and we won't be able to provide him with the required service with our posession based football (hope i am proved wrong).

It's great our WBs are creating with goals yet when the pressure is on and they are not scoring we will need a CF to make his presence known. 

• Upvote 1