talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, MUFC said:

Genuine question, do you lot think you play better without Lukaku? You seem much more fluent, more movement and it’s generally hard to play against.

Yes it is beginning to look like the players that struggled to make an impact last season are now doing that with Lukaku on the bench.

It may be the case that Lukaku will struggle this season as the other player options prove better.

• Upvote 1

On 25/11/2021 at 06:23, shut up said:

This sucks tbh. Gutted for him. 

I hope he can still make the world cup 

Bit of positive news this morning. 

Chilwell only suffered a partial ACL tear and will be assessed after 6 weeks post recovery to see if he needs surgery. 

• Upvote 1

Man U Home PL

As you can imagine I left the ground thoroughly pissed off as yet again we are unable to finish off an inferior team as we lack a killing instinct and for whatever reason the bloke we signed to remedy that problem sat watching the game as I did frustrated as players we already know don't have it in them in these kind of fixtures struggled with their normal form.

I am done with CHO. He isn't good enough to be learning his trade at our club and should have been carted off to a loan club to make his mistakes and improve one on ones both with defenders and keepers. I am sick to death of hearing reporters pundits and even dumbass Chelsea fans say the result would have been different of Hudson-Odi had put away his one on one with the keeper or then say he didn't quite get hold of that chance or his cross was a little over hit. For fucks sake earn your fucking cheque you blackmailed the club to get by doing your job.

I thought the manager fucked up big style in his starting 11 and I have no idea why he took so long to make changes? Those sitting around me and as well as myself were calling for him to act way before Jorginho burst his Balloon with a new low.

An abysmal result. Two points dropped and proper weakness shown crystal clear by the manager for the first time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I see someone here asked a question about Lukaku. Burnley and Man Utd results tell you the correct answer.

You’d think after having titles thrown at you from Roman’s wallet with very little feeling of having worked for them in the same way clubs like United (90s), Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool would have that you’d actually be happy seeing your youth players get a chance to work at the club and create an identity you can latch onto beyond just being Roman’s plaything.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

You’d think after having titles thrown at you from Roman’s wallet with very little feeling of having worked for them in the same way clubs like United (90s), Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool would have that you’d actually be happy seeing your youth players get a chance to work at the club and create an identity you can latch onto beyond just being Roman’s plaything.

We are. Ignore him. 

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

So many digs..... 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Danny said:

Aww Danny, You'd think right?

I am sure it's been pointed out to you in the past, best you don't think on something that pains you so.

Thanks for the illuminating education about yourself mate. :ay:

33 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Aww Danny, You'd think right?

I am sure it's been pointed out to you in the past, best you don't think on something that pains you so.

Thanks for the illuminating education about yourself mate. :ay:

Roman’s plaything it is then

17 hours ago, shut up said:

CHO has genuinely been very good this season? Still raw, but his ceiling is very high.

His finishing the only thing off in his game but to write him off at 21 from our own fanbase is genuinely comical. 

He's done more in this spell of fixtures than Werner has this entire season. 

Away Watford PL

One of the things I like about our current manager is his honesty. To state again, against one of the weaker sides in the PL, we were lucky to get the win is calling it exactly what it was. However I don't feel he helps his team during games with his changes from the bench. I read this morning in this thread I am not alone in this thought and I guess we should happy we fell over the line.

Biggest questions from the game. Why no Lukaku till that late minute and does he look bigger today than the start of the season? Were Athletico Madrid trying a fast one with Saul? He sure looks nothing like the player I remember. What's with the manager playing forwards as wing backs, none of which up to now look comfortable? Ziyech looks good from the bench and helped to be the difference, so is this his future, being introduced from the bench? The last 2 games we have been as weak as I can remember in the middle of the pitch. Without Kovacic and Kante leaves us lacking players who regain the ball. His last two performances have shown Reuben Loftus-Cheek limits and while Mount was good last night further forward, one does wonder why hasn't slotted into one of the central spots during this spell?

Another slice of luck used up ~ How many more will we need for a successful season?

Bit of an injury crises atm.

Chilwell out for the season. 

Havertz high ankle sprain so will be out for a few weeks. 

Alonso suffered back pain. Return unknown. 

Kovacic hamstring. Return unknown. 

Kante knee. Return unknown. 

Chalobah hamstring. Return unknown. 

Jorginho has been playing with hip pain. 

Edited by Cicero

Away West Ham PL

Well it was coming and if truth be told all the weak points we have listed of late combined to bite us in the ass.

First up, West Ham are a very good side who given a little more depth in their squad could make a sustained run at top four. With that said, leading twice in the game, this result said more about us than it did the winning team.

I am tired listing our passengers over the past 2 seasons. Jorginho's "losing it in the lights" and contributing to West Ham first has him the leading assist maker against us this season. Third best player over the past year? You'd think clubs would be falling over themselves to buy him? We can't catch a break. Mount again played well after his break, but I do feel while we lack a couple of important bodies he should be used in the middle of the park. Ziyech was one of our brighter players only to get tugged for waste of a shirt CHO when it became 2-2. During his 26 min cameo he managed to prove he had the beating of his man on the outside only to keep on fucking checking back onto his right foot. It's not his fault it's the manager for putting him on the pitch when the guy he replaced was playing ok.

Injuries starting to make a difference mainly because of who they are, Kovacic and Kante really hurt and because of how he was playing, loosing Chilwell playing as a false Nine leaves us far less potent in their box.

Lots more could be said about the game, but I read others have already covered them in this thread.

On 06/12/2021 at 11:17, The Liquidator said:

Yes as others have said in this popular thread it was sure a new low under this manager last night. From selection to set up and general defending for that matter it was back to the dark days Scolari AVB & late Jose 2nd time around.

Listening to him in his presser I got the feeling there is more happening behind the scenes which isn't being made public just now. Players in their last years of there contract which look to be unlikely to be re-newed has already seen the manager doctor his starting elevens and give one or two cryptic answers when questioned on their situations. Not sure how much credence we should give to the Dave rumors, and not the one about him leaving.

Andy Dillion hit a nerve with his question in the after game presser when he suggested the players were no longer listening to the manager. The managers response was illuminating.

Best we look upon this as a calculated gamble which failed, but should have given answers to the manager on who he can and can't trust. Defenders did a wonderful job showing our possible future & enough information to educate how serious a position we have allowed ourselves to get in with the for mentioned contracts. I hope HuddyBlue is right with his news. Werner played well and for the first time looked to link up better with Lukaku, although both looked far from match fit.

SonOfOssie: You know you can't ask questions like who had the more influential game between Hudson-Odoi and Saul as its not fair to whoever you put up against Saul? :)

Your answer BlueBob is priceless!!

I want to know what forum he's copy-pasting from and if they're as seriously deluded as he is. You'd think a seemingly older Chelsea fan wouldn't talk about the "dark days' when they were absolutely loaded and in the CL considering in his living memory there were far darker days of the club xD

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I want to know what forum he's copy-pasting from and if they're as seriously deluded as he is. You'd think a seemingly older Chelsea fan wouldn't talk about the "dark days' when they were absolutely loaded and in the CL considering in his living memory there were far darker days of the club xD

If you are going to copy and paste what you said on another forum you might at least hope that you tidied up a little before posting the same thing here.. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If you are going to copy and paste what you said on another forum you might at least hope that you tidied up a little before posting the same thing here.. 

Nah, just reference posters that have not once ever posted on here xD - especially if you're responding to them directly and we are provided 0 context whatsoever.