talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think if given the option, Chelsea would be open to a sell whilst the futures of Haaland and Kane were still up in the air, especially the former.

I think they’d be open as soon as they can recoup the money they spent on him initially 

I'm not a fan of Garth Crooks as more often than not, when looking at his teams of the week, he'll only put them in due to one key moment in a match (or if you're a defender, score a goal and you're automatically in).

However, I can't remember if it was @Cicero or someone else that mentioned Tuchel's shortcomings or not, but had a little read of the final area ('Crooks of the Matter') and just curious to see what the Chelsea lot think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757

To me, I think he's chatting some shite as I always believe that players should not be bigger than the club.

What do you think?

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What do you think?

Yeah I was initially skeptical of Tuchel when we appointed him after learning how he upset certain players at PSG and Dortmund, along with falling out with the board on both occasions. 

I thought Tuchel handled this situation perfectly if i’m being honest. Seems to have learned from his previous failings. The players and the club seem to back him over Lukaku which has now made Lukaku look like a complete jackass crawling back with his apologies. 

Lukaku was fined and apparently everything’s been squashed now but I believe it’s only a matter of time until he does something stupid again. There’s the 2nd half of the season to go so if Lukaku really wants to be here he needs to show it during these last few months. 

Hi Guys, i'm italian and i Napoli's fan, but i love Premier League and i take a liking to Arsenal and also a bit for Chelsea. 

Congratulations for your team, it's very hard and there are much top players.

I love Jorginho, ex Napoli, an modern midfielder, that quality!!!

What do you think of Lukaku case?

Are you agree with Tuchel after integrated back Lukaku in the team?

I think that Lukaku is a good player, but not a top player, Haaland and Vlahovic are the future and i think that an top team as Chelsea must will buy one of their in the next year. 

• Haha 1

Pathetic this needed to be made as a video. 

We can forgive but we won’t forget. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Lukaku was fined and apparently everything’s been squashed now but I believe it’s only a matter of time until he does something stupid again. 

4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm not a fan of Garth Crooks as more often than not, when looking at his teams of the week, he'll only put them in due to one key moment in a match (or if you're a defender, score a goal and you're automatically in).

However, I can't remember if it was @Cicero or someone else that mentioned Tuchel's shortcomings or not, but had a little read of the final area ('Crooks of the Matter') and just curious to see what the Chelsea lot think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860757

To me, I think he's chatting some shite as I always believe that players should not be bigger than the club.

What do you think?

image.thumb.png.b4b7450e01ed6f2c840f9e6f3b4cc2d9.png

'Love and Protected' Yea fuck that.... Tuchel has handled it well in my opinion, he has not made a big issue out of it but he did make a statement by dropping Lukaku for the Liverpool game which I support given what was said.. Apparently Lukaku was advised against doing the interview but went ahead and did it anyway... No player should be bigger than the club, no matter how much talent they have or how influential...

Players sit in some of these interviews and talk as though they were having a heart to heart with their parents and forget how every little thing could get blown out of proportion to make headline news the next day... 

• Upvote 1

So with a starting place in tonights fixture, there will be some who will say we can draw a line under the Lukaku saga. He has been made to look a fool and this seems to be a case where a player feels guilty on how he left one club to join another and dug a hole big enough pleading his case that both fan bases would be happy to fill that hole in with him at the bottom.

As long as he does his job, I dont care what crap comes from him off the field. Last nights video is cringy, very much coached, but the correct step. Score a couple of goals tonight against tonights opposition and he will know better than most what it means to us.

How did the club handle the event? Not sure I would be happy with the manager who didnt do anything until the senior players gave him their blessing. Probably makes me a bit more old school, but I would have prefered him to step all over the player so the whole dressing room were left without doubt where the line is. Some might say he did act by dropping him from a important fixture. For me all he did was buy a little time to the detriment of the team. From what we have heard here (thx CFCclive) and elsewhere the players were to a man against Lukaku, so I guess that will be another bridge he will have to fix. I think the manager got lucky the player become penitent from Monday meeting and I for one would have loved a Newcastle bid which I am sure would have jolted Lukaku had we open minded questioned him on it.

Hope to see some of you tonight

On my way into the ground last night the team was announced which as the news filtered through to us mobile fans was greeted with more than a touch of shock. A four? As weak a central Midfield as we could muster and conformation the League cup keeper, Kepa returns. Hey I am not so fussed the latter point as he is the reason we are in the semi's, but Alonso up against Moura or Son without any help just a few days after Salah had made a Monkey out of him. A bit of a head shaker.

What we didn't know was Spurs were about to offer probably their worst performance at Stamford Bridge in living memory. It sure helped us, but only conceding two was a positive result from such a poor performance. Was chatting to a Spurs friend on the way home who felt they were still in it because we failed to kill them off. He is probably right.

Lukaku didn't score and missed a very good chance with a header. Havertz played very well while he was on the pitch and Ziyech again showed why he should always play some part in games.

Sarr looks a wonderful athlete who is completely at the other end of the scale than Silva as far as reading and self control goes for a central defender. I believe he will be some player by the time he is 30. Can we afford to play him in tougher games till he reaches fruition? I am not so sure.

Saul offered his best performance in a Chelsea shirt, but for me I have already seen enough to say he has problems and we should not sign him full time.

How honest was Conte after the game, or was he just suckering us in?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

On my way into the ground last night the team was announced which as the news filtered through to us mobile fans was greeted with more than a touch of shock. A four? As weak a central Midfield as we could muster and conformation the League cup keeper, Kepa returns. Hey I am not so fussed the latter point as he is the reason we are in the semi's, but Alonso up against Moura or Son without any help just a few days after Salah had made a Monkey out of him. A bit of a head shaker.

What we didn't know was Spurs were about to offer probably their worst performance at Stamford Bridge in living memory. It sure helped us, but only conceding two was a positive result from such a poor performance. Was chatting to a Spurs friend on the way home who felt they were still in it because we failed to kill them off. He is probably right.

Lukaku didn't score and missed a very good chance with a header. Havertz played very well while he was on the pitch and Ziyech again showed why he should always play some part in games.

Sarr looks a wonderful athlete who is completely at the other end of the scale than Silva as far as reading and self control goes for a central defender. I believe he will be some player by the time he is 30. Can we afford to play him in tougher games till he reaches fruition? I am not so sure.

Saul offered his best performance in a Chelsea shirt, but for me I have already seen enough to say he has problems and we should not sign him full time.

How honest was Conte after the game, or was he just suckering us in?

Chelsea didn't score last night, the first was a deflection and the second an own goal. All that dominance and Spurs won it for you. Spurs are by no means out of this.

11 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Chelsea didn't score last night, the first was a deflection and the second an own goal. All that dominance and Spurs won it for you. Spurs are by no means out of this.

I was disappointed we did not get a third, I think if you score first you will have a decent chance to get through. I don't expect you to play so poorly on the return leg.

Your home crowd can certainly be the extra man if you get the first goal.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Waylander said:

I was disappointed we did not get a third, I think if you score first you will have a decent chance to get through. I don't expect you to play so poorly on the return leg.

Son out for a month. That's 50% of your team out. 

On 07/01/2022 at 10:09, Waylander said:

For me Chelsea have made a common mistake,,,,,,,,,buying back, it rarely works.

On 03/01/2022 at 15:26, Cicero said:

Thiago Silva extends his current deal. 

Absolute class this man. 

Moving to Chelsea was the right decision for Thiago. 

IMO He's one of the best defenders of his generation but few people realized that because he spent so much time at PSG. 

Doing well at Chelsea changed his status in football. I'm happy he's staying.

Hopefully, Chelsea will also save Marquinhos from a similar fate.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

IMO He's one of the best defenders of his generation but few people realized that because he spent so much time at PSG. 

I remember seeing him at Milan when he first came to Europe and he was an absolute beast of a CB. Thought he'd go on to become one of the greats in the position in the era.

Then he went to PSG and I stopped giving a shit about him or his career because... well...  who cares about PSG? Barely anyone, that's who.

So you're absolutely right, I think. Him spending so much time at PSG did a lot to make people forget how good of a CB he really is.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Agreed. 37 years old and just oozes class. Broken record but i genuinely wished we replaced Carvalho with him back in 2010. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Alas I fell into that category too. He has been a real eye-opener and one of the best decisions Frank made.

• Upvote 1

Went to last nights game as a guest of a long time Tottenham fan. First time at the new White Hart Lane which is without doubt very impressive and wasted on them. I now have my Fingers crossed when my Green Bay Packers finally play in the UK, it's at Spurs over Wembley.

Game was drab, There is only so much humour in singing "Tottenham Hotspur, it's happening again", although after VAR ruled in our favour for a third time, the chant got a whole new meaning. 😂

My Spurs friend n his fellow sufferers were really down on everything about their club. Sounds as thou Levy is one mistake from being hounded out. He is hanging on by a thread because of the new manager. They seem sure Conte will turn it all around if backed ect. There is no doubt Conte knows what he is doing, I am just not sure he will stick around the length of time needed. I enjoyed the night and it was nice to see a few old Spurs friends.

Enough about them. We were average and below that infront of goal. Are we any better than during Franks time as far as putting teams away? It's a fair question. I guess Saturday will give us a few answers.

• Upvote 1

A successful night for Chelsea

Speaking of Chelsea.

The Blues had a very good night at the Fifa Best Awards.

• Thomas Tuchel won the award for the Best Fifa men's coach for guiding Chelsea to their second Champions League title after only joining the club in January.
  • Edouard Mendy won the award for the Best Fifa men's goalkeeper after a successful first season with the club.
  • Emma Hayes won the award for the Best Fifa women's coach as her side won a treble of domestic trophies.
  • And Jorginho and N'Golo Kante were named in the men's world XI.
  • Thanks 1