talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 20/01/2022 at 14:31, Cicero said:

City have two players in their squad that weren't signed by Pep Guardiola. (Fernandinho & Sterling)

Liverpool have 2 players in their squad that weren't signed by Jurgen Klopp. (Henderson & Origi)

Chelsea have a squad of players signed by 6 different managers. Roberto DiMatteo, Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Maurizio Sarri, Frank Lampard and Thomas Tuchel.

Klopp didn't sign 5 - 6 of our current players. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Like 1

Rumor mill. 

Andreas Christensen does not see his future at Chelsea. Confirmed by a number of sources close to the player and the Blue Club. Andreas and his agent want to get a big signing bonus in the player's next contract. Talks with Barça and FC Bayern continue. @BarcaTimes #FCBlive 🔵 pic.twitter.com/IeYWQjwEiX

— Shay Lugassi (@Shlugassi) January 24, 2022

Chelsea 'seems close' to securing a £46m deal to sign Jules Kounde from Sevilla for the summer...https://t.co/C80wjOLF3q pic.twitter.com/thZCCuRLqH

— Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) January 25, 2022

Chelsea are in talks with Ousmane Dembélé and may even have an agreement with the player, that's what everything indicates.

- @Alfremartinezz/@Laporteriabtv via @Transferzone00

— Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) January 25, 2022

Barcelona are working to sign César Azpilicueta as free agent in June. Talks on - contract proposed until 2024 with potential option, as per @10JoseAlvarez. Chelsea are still waiting for César to communicate his decision 🇪🇸 #FCB

Barça are also interested in Andreas Christensen.

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 25, 2022

If we replace Christensen with Sule it wouldn't be a terrible loss. Think the latter is a slight upgrade. 

Think Azpilicueta is off personally as the time is right. A legend but his legs are gone. Kounde coming in freshens it up a bit. 

Dembele rumors make zero sense. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Remind me who these £100 million replacements are. 

Jesus Christ mate, you just posted them, Sule and Kounde, surely that would end up around 100mill. Are you alright?

Edited by Spike

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jesus Christ mate, you just posted them, Sule and Kounde, surely that would end up around 100mill. Are you alright?

I also posted Sule would be a free transfer and Kounde £46 million.  Almost £100 million but not quite there. Unless you are trying to make another argument for player wages? 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I also posted Sule would be a free transfer and Kounde £46 million.  Almost £100 million but not quite there. Unless you are trying to make another argument for player wages? 

Not in the links you posted?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Dembele? His wages and signing fee would be massive.

But hey.. this is Chelsea where rules don't apply soooo O.o

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not in the links you posted?

I didn't post any link for Sule. I just stated if we replaced Christensen with him (considering we've been linked for a while) it wouldn't be a terribe loss.

And yes, Sule is a free agent this summer. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I didn't post any link for Sule. I just stated if we replaced Christensen with him (considering we've been linked for a while) it wouldn't be a terribe loss.

And yes, Sule is a free agent this summer. 

You also didn't state the cost. Would I have been wrong in assuming he would cost around that much money?

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

You also didn't state the cost. Would I have been wrong in assuming he would cost around that much money?

Not sure. Only known singing bonuses I know for CBs are Silva and Boateng who both earned the region of £1 & 1.5 million. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Not sure. Only known singing bonuses I know for CBs are Silva and Boateng who both earned the region of £1 & 1.5 million. 

I meant for a transfer cost if it weren't a free move. I just ballparked him around the 50mill mark because that seems to be the going rate these days. Probably more given he is an international for Germany and plays for a rich winning team.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

Remember the stick Sarri got for easing him into the team

When it was rumoured Bayern were in for him... was that as a free transfer or was that them paying Chelsea a transfer fee?

I thought it was really weird Bayern were supposedly in for a player that hadn't really proven... well, anything, at that point in his career. If it was for a transfer fee, Chelsea may have missed a good opportunity to get a good fee for a player that maybe is not the best fit for this Chelsea side.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When it was rumoured Bayern were in for him... was that as a free transfer or was that them paying Chelsea a transfer fee?

I thought it was really weird Bayern were supposedly in for a player that hadn't really proven... well, anything, at that point in his career. If it was for a transfer fee, Chelsea may have missed a good opportunity to get a good fee for a player that maybe is not the best fit for this Chelsea side.

I think it was a free. That is why he had such a huge payrise

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jadon Sancho hype train I believe

On CHO I think they were offering this in the season we had the transfer ban and following his injury we did not know if he would recover and so could not judge anything properly and so waited to see how things panned out. 

He is certainly not world class, neither first XI for England or first XI Chelsea yet as a sub probably worth keeping.

It was his assist for Lukaku's last goal in open play. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/02/08/romelu-lukaku-running-chances-impress-roman-abramovich/

according to Matt Law, Abramovich's patience (lol I don't think he has any though) with Lukaku is running thin.

Might be buying himself a new toy, despite Chelsea spending enough money to buy an island to sign him this summer. I think that's a bit weird tbh.

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

Club wanted Lukaku for years. 

Like I said in the Haaland thread. Club made their bed. Time to sleep in it. 

I think it's bizarre if Roman is ready to cut him loose (again) after chasing him for years.

He's a good striker in the right system, it's up to Tuchel to put him in the right system. Also while he's played in England before - he's still spent 2 years at a very different sort of side in Inter where he played very differently so I still think it's reasonable to give him time to re-settle back to our league and to his club's way of playing. Even players that move domestically can take time to settle at their new clubs.

And if you do sell him, I can't see him going for a price near what Inter sold him for. So it just seems like it would be a massive waste of money.