talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is involved in the attempts to broker peace between Russia and Ukraine, according to his spokesperson.https://t.co/bSeGYtwnZ0

— The Athletic UK (@TheAthleticUK) February 28, 2022

Ukrainian film director and producer Alexander Rodnyansky also confirmed Abramovich's involvement, insisting the Chelsea owner was the only person to respond to calls for help.

Rodnyansky has claimed that representatives from Ukraine's government have expressed gratitude for Abramovich's attempts at help.

"I can confirm that the Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution," said Rodnyansky.

They are connected to Roman Abramovich through the Jewish community and reached out to him for help.

"Roman Abramovich has been trying to mobilize support for a peaceful resolution ever since. Although Roman Abramovich's influence is limited, he is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

"If this will have an impact or not, I don't know, but I am in contact with Zelensky's staff myself, and know that they are grateful for his genuine effors."

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

BREAKING: Roman Abramovich will receive bids to buy Chelsea this week with parties believing that, for the first time, he will consider a sale.

Roman Abramovich has previously turned down offers worth £2.2 billion for Chelsea, while the club’s debt to him is £1.51bn which he would almost certainly expect to be covered. (Telegraph) #CFC

For the first time during his ownership, potential buyers believe he would be willing to sell the club.

Preventing the club being part of sanctions. Club being prepared for an eventual sale… #

Chelsea have previously insisted the club is not for sale, but the mood from the outside at least is changing and there is a feeling that Abramovich could be left with no other option, with his resolve to hang on to the club to be tested. (Telegraph) 

On 27/02/2022 at 04:40, Honey Honey said:

If things continue to escalate a compulsory purchase order of Chelsea by the government could become realistic. One where the government transfers funds to a bank account that Abramovich then can't access anymore than £50k of :4_joy:

The most Tory club in the universe being state owned would be funny 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The most Tory club in the universe being state owned would be funny 

This is what is probably driving the Labour attacks, being older I recall photos of Mandelson seeming to plead to Deripaska for funds,

https://www.ft.com/content/57f8a214-23aa-11e8-add1-0e8958b189ea

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/oct/28/peter-mandelson-oleg-deripaska-corfu

Official:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Official:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

I would like to address the speculation in media over the past few days in relation to my ownership of Chelsea FC. As I have stated before, I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. In the current situation, I have therefore taken the decision to sell the Club, as I believe this is in the best interest of the Club, the fans, the employees, as well as the Club’s sponsors and partners.

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Please know that this has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, and it pains me to part with the Club in this manner. However, I do believe this is in the best interest of the Club.

I hope that I will be able to visit Stamford Bridge one last time to say goodbye to all of you in person. It has been a privilege of a lifetime to be part of Chelsea FC and I am proud of all our joint achievements. Chelsea Football Club and its supporters will always be in my heart.

Thank you,

Roman

Fuck off u bent Russian cunt, and that goes for your bent Russian cunt mate Putin too x

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

All the massive glory supporting muppets will now claim they loved Manchester City all along, whilst waiting to see which currupt dickheads take over Chelsea next.

@Cicerowill probably take the knee at every anniversary of Romans death. 

Very unfair to call Chelsea fans for continuing support the team they grew up with. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Very unfair to call Chelsea fans for continuing support the team they grew up with. 

He laughed at me calling Roman a cunt. He comes across as someone who still supports Roman.

If I'm wrong then I apologise but let's not pretend Roman has only just been exposed. They all knew Roman was a corrupt Russian gangster from the very beginning... everyone did. They loved it and didn't grow up loving Chelsea.. they loved it when Roman took over and started the ruining of football. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

All the massive glory supporting muppets will now claim they loved Manchester City all along, whilst waiting to see which currupt dickheads take over Chelsea next.

@Cicerowill probably take the knee at every anniversary of Romans death. 

Even in the modern era, your own club still attracts more "glory hunter" fans than Man City or Chelsea by orders or magnitude.

I have literally never once in my life met a football fan who has changed who they support because they became more successful, be that through "legitimate" ownership or oil money ownership. It's all Facebook comment/banter page narrative.

There are millions of fans we'd deem glory hunters elsewhere across the world but this is nothing to do with club ownership and everything to do with marketing. Still, these people flock more to Manchester United, Liverpool and even Arsenal more than Man City or Chelsea.

Criticise the ownership, I don't think anyone can have any complaints on that front but to call genuine football fans glory hunters because of their club's ownership changing hands which is way beyond their control is daft.

Chelsea fans saying he loved the club, he’s on the list in the EU, they are going after his assets so he’s cashed in his insurance policy, you’ve always been a front for stolen money of the Russian people he didn’t love your club, your basically mafia fc a shithouse club top to bottom nobody cares about your achievements we think you’re scum this day is glorious 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RondónEFC said:

Even in the modern era, your own club still attracts more "glory hunter" fans than Man City or Chelsea by orders or magnitude.

I have literally never once in my life met a football fan who has changed who they support because they became more successful, be that through "legitimate" ownership or oil money ownership. It's all Facebook comment/banter page narrative.

There are millions of fans we'd deem glory hunters elsewhere across the world but this is nothing to do with club ownership and everything to do with marketing. Still, these people flock more to Manchester United, Liverpool and even Arsenal more than Man City or Chelsea.

Criticise the ownership, I don't think anyone can have any complaints on that front but to call genuine football fans glory hunters because of their club's ownership changing hands which is way beyond their control is daft.

They all knew Roman was a bent bastard when he took over... everyone did. He is an evil bastard and I called him a cunt.. I then got laughed at by a Chelsea fan for calling him a cunt. 

That's all I've got to say on it. I'll never change my mind about him and I'll never stop believing that Chelsea was built on that cunts money. 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Chelsea fans saying he loved the club, he’s on the list in the EU, they are going after his assets so he’s cashed in his insurance policy, you’ve always been a front for stolen money of the Russian people he didn’t love your club, your basically mafia fc a shithouse club top to bottom nobody cares about your achievements we think you’re scum this day is glorious 

Everybody knows it, few will admit to knowing it. We live in an age where nothing out of place should be said. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He laughed at me calling Roman a cunt. He comes across as someone who still supports Roman.

If I'm wrong then I apologise but let's not pretend Roman has only just been exposed. They all knew Roman was a corrupt Russian gangster from the very beginning... everyone did. They loved it and didn't grow up loving Chelsea.. they loved it when Roman took over and started the ruining of football. 

I laughed at your comment because you've been more passionate about Roman these past several days than I have ever seen you supporting Liverpool in the 10 years I've been on this forum. Genuinely. 

You'll not find one Chelsea supporter that isn't going to appreciate what Roman did for the club. 

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

To question his commitment to the club isn't just downright stupid, its Phil's bald head. 

You’ve quoted media speculation as fact and tried to hold the fact he said he didn’t want to sell the club against him - when it’s still clear he’d prefer not to sell the club. Trying to paint a narrative of serial lies in one week when there’s no real examples to point to this week. It’s an exaggeration on your point to try and shit all over his statement because you hold a clear grudge to the man - most of which is probably been formed on lies and Chelsea’s success under him.

What do you know about Roman that is actually 100% fact btw? I’m not pretending Roman is perfect. I’m sure there’s plenty of stuff I don’t know about him that I’m glad I don’t. I also know there’s plenty of stuff written in the media about him that’s not true because it riles up rival football fans looking for blood.

On 27/02/2022 at 12:40, Honey Honey said:

If things continue to escalate a compulsory purchase order of Chelsea by the government could become realistic. One where the government transfers funds to a bank account that Abramovich then can't access anymore than £50k of :4_joy:

I think knowing our current government they would sell us off and then mark the funds from it as 'Donation' and stuff it in their pockets along with all the other Russian money they are keen to keep hold of... Tuchel rightly getting pissed off at the constant questions he can't answer from journalists over both Abramovich and the war in Ukraine.. don't blame him

So who has the money to buy Chelsea for £2 billion plus?  It's similar to selling Manchester United, the only people who have that kind of money are the Arabs and the Chinese and we don't want either involved in football.  Better the devil you know.