talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean there've been sanctions on Russia since they invaded Crimea, perhaps the West should have taken a harsher stance in 2014 to make Russia think twice about further invasions rather than placating them to let them feel they could continue their expansion in Europe with nobody giving a shit.

the Western leaders only care for profits, corporate cronyism, corruption is rampant and of course they are all soft yolks.   may have been Julius Caesar that said nothing was ever achieved by talking.   conquest or show of force has always resolved conflicts

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the Western leaders only care for profits, corporate cronyism, corruption is rampant and of course they are all soft yolks.   may have been Julius Caesar that said nothing was ever achieved by talking.   conquest or show of force has always resolved conflicts

Yeah but he didn't live in the era of nuclear powers? Because if it was him handling the Cuban Missile Crisis, chances are none of us would be here today with that attitude xD

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but he didn't live in the era of nuclear powers? Because if it was him handling the Cuban Missile Crisis, chances are none of us would be here today with that attitude xD

M.A.D

it will be important to ascertain what business was done.   if he was smuggling kids from Crimea to red light district, sure but if it was supply and demand gases, withholding his rights is so very fascist thing to do.

I think the UK has overstepped the mark here, this goes to extreme over reach on personal liberty.   thry are also harming English assets so it's a bit pathetic

Of all the things that have happened recently surrounding our club I can't think of anything worse than it being in the hands of these Tory chimps.... Still, I suppose on the bright side if it all goes tits up they can come in and bail us out like they do the railways and banks... 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

How are Chelsea going to budget a European away day on 20k.

Lille maybe as they do it via coach but what if they drew Madrid next round. The hotel and catering alone would smash through that budget.

The players will have to pay for there own flights and hotel

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Of all the things that have happened recently surrounding our club I can't think of anything worse than it being in the hands of these Tory chimps.... Still, I suppose on the bright side if it all goes tits up they can come in and bail us out like they do the railways and banks... 

it's a witch hunt which borders on illegality.   i find myself amused at the West that panders ideals like democracy and liberty but the government's long arm it.   from trudaeu censoring and shutting down people using their right to protest invasion of liberty, then seizing assets.   Joe and Hunter Biden's corrupt dealings with Ukraine and China and the cover up and how censoring political opposition is the new modus operandi.   

I am not sure the Western leaders really care about us, but let me have two scoops of Roman is bad because he did energy deals in Russia a long time ago, with a dash of moral cleansing tonic

• Thanks 1

I think the club probably has about 10 days before they pull the plug and shut up shop.

Also it is not even the case that the plot can be sold to property developers due to the CPO holders so it would get messy.

Very interesting to see how this plays out.

Lets remember RBS is still in govt hands 13 years later................

Our success was planted from the money of our owner. I agree in the notion there should be zero sympathy when a club takes on risks. The only ones that should be considered are the staff that could potentially be laid off by this. Far as I'm concerned, Roman needs to sell ASAP. The longer he waits, the more it jeapordises the club as a whole. There will be a time and a place to give our thanks to him, but it certainly shouldn't be during a football match when there is a silence for those impacted by the Ukraine/Russian conflict.

The Todd Boehly and Hansjorg Wyss Consortium. Boehly's track record does seem to suggest he could be a good owner for the club. This piece is a good read and a couple of interviews I've seen him conduct he does come across as very passionate, well spoken and knowledgeable. Matt Law has pushed his consortium as a very credible candidate throughout the last week or two and still is pushing them as one which still want to buy the club, and given he's usually one of the more reliable or 'in the know' journalists covering the club, you would have to assume he is going to be a front runner to take over.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Our success was planted from the money of our owner. I agree in the notion there should be zero sympathy when a club takes on risks. The only ones that should be considered are the staff that could potentially be laid off by this. Far as I'm concerned, Roman needs to sell ASAP. The longer he waits, the more it jeapordises the club as a whole. There will be a time and a place to give our thanks to him, but it certainly shouldn't be during a football match when there is a silence for those impacted by the Ukraine/Russian conflict.

The Todd Boehly and Hansjorg Wyss Consortium. Boehly's track record does seem to suggest he could be a good owner for the club. This piece is a good read and a couple of interviews I've seen him conduct he does come across as very passionate, well spoken and knowledgeable. Matt Law has pushed his consortium as a very credible candidate throughout the last week or two and still is pushing them as one which still want to buy the club, and given he's usually one of the more reliable or 'in the know' journalists covering the club, you would have to assume he is going to be a front runner to take over.

He’s blocked from selling, Chelsea’s a frozen asset under the sanctions

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s blocked from selling, Chelsea’s a frozen asset under the sanctions

The UK government will only allow the sale through a special license that shows the transaction won't go into Roman's pocket. 

The UK government is open to a further addition to the special licence to allow a sale to proceed.

Those working on the deal on behalf of Abramovich were always told that proceeds from the sale would go to a war fund for victims of the war in Ukraine.

BBC Website

• Upvote 2

I had a scout on a few forums yesterday out of interest and the fur was flying so to speak,

One I remember was along the lines of the Glasers as a US company were responsible for the deaths from the wars in the Middle East.

Leave off, one answered, the Glasers are not responsible for the US govt  they are not murderers, yet they have murdered Machester Utd .......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

I had a scout on a few forums yesterday out of interest and the fur was flying so to speak,

One I remember was along the lines of the Glasers as a US company were responsible for the deaths from the wars in the Middle East.

Leave off, one answered, the Glasers are not responsible for the US govt  they are not murderers, yet they have murdered Machester Utd .......

When it comes to countries that people know a lot about, everything is kept separate. When it comes to countries people don't know a lot about, everything is connected.

• Upvote 2

With Sponsors threatening to pull out and bank accounts being frozen as well as all the other over the top nonsense going on surrounding the club at the moment this has gone way beyond sanctioning just one man but dragging every employee/fan and player through the wringer... Now, and I say this with 100% honesty, if you want to fuck us over and make everyone suffer even more then do it properly, demote us to league 2, clear out all the expense and over the top wage bills for players and let a buyer come in and run all his banknotes under ultra violet lights to make sure there are no dodgy ones in there and work under a low cost model where we spend within our means... 

Top, middle or bottom of the pile this club will survive.. 

@Honey Honey How much is a season ticket for the Toons mate??? looks like I will need to be moving my glory hunting plastic fan arse over to the next big thing... I will start brushing up on Newcastle's previous history so I can sound like an authentic lifetime Toon fan when I am Gan Doon pub and want to make a Propa Neet of it... 

Chelsea till I die.... 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's a witch hunt which borders on illegality.   i find myself amused at the West that panders ideals like democracy and liberty but the government's long arm it.   from trudaeu censoring and shutting down people using their right to protest invasion of liberty, then seizing assets.   Joe and Hunter Biden's corrupt dealings with Ukraine and China and the cover up and how censoring political opposition is the new modus operandi.   

I am not sure the Western leaders really care about us, but let me have two scoops of Roman is bad because he did energy deals in Russia a long time ago, with a dash of moral cleansing tonic

You are so far out of touch I dont even know where to start. Dear lord just stop typing non sense. 

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

You are so far out of touch I dont even know where to start. Dear lord just stop typing non sense. 

He's not necessarily incorrect. Anyone trusting the sincerity of power hungry politicians is being extremely naive. It's bad guys vs. bad guys.

Edited by 6666

12 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

With Sponsors threatening to pull out and bank accounts being frozen as well as all the other over the top nonsense going on surrounding the club at the moment this has gone way beyond sanctioning just one man but dragging every employee/fan and player through the wringer... Now, and I say this with 100% honesty, if you want to fuck us over and make everyone suffer even more then do it properly, demote us to league 2, clear out all the expense and over the top wage bills for players and let a buyer come in and run all his banknotes under ultra violet lights to make sure there are no dodgy ones in there and work under a low cost model where we spend within our means... 

Top, middle or bottom of the pile this club will survive.. 

@Honey Honey How much is a season ticket for the Toons mate??? looks like I will need to be moving my glory hunting plastic fan arse over to the next big thing... I will start brushing up on Newcastle's previous history so I can sound like an authentic lifetime Toon fan when I am Gan Doon pub and want to make a Propa Neet of it... 

Chelsea till I die.... 

If they threw Chelsea out of the league, it'll open up a massive can of worms regarding other owners and their wealth and set a precedent. 

They're juggling trying to seem tough on Putin's lackeys and not completely upsetting the balance of football by fully looking into these owners because Abramovich is not the only one who's obtained his money by questionable means.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

If they threw Chelsea out of the league, it'll open up a massive can of worms regarding other owners and their wealth and set a precedent. 

They're juggling trying to seem tough on Putin's lackeys and not completely upsetting the balance of football by fully looking into these owners because Abramovich is not the only one who's obtained his money by questionable means.

which is why football clubs should be looked at as Juristic persons independent of the entities.   Chelsea is a well run club who's affairs have been for the betterment of English football and including woman's football.