talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

My answer is no, not off of the back of how they’ve got their success and will most likely keep getting it. But that’s just me

So you are not arguing about greatness in terms of what they win/achieve, more about how they achieved it?? 

In other words the fact that Arsenal won stuff with great teams rather than spending shit loads of money like Chelsea and City... 

Edited by Bluewolf

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So you are not arguing about greatness in terms of what they win/achieve, more about how they achieved it?? 

In other words the fact that Arsenal won stuff with great teams rather than spending shit loads of money like Chelsea and City... 

Pretty much, you can’t argue with what you have won because it’s a fact that you have won it. But when people bring up the talk of massive clubs, it’s not just 10-20 years of being propped up by a foreign owner, it’s consistently being up there for decades upon decades and that is something Arsenal have been consistent with. When people are talking about football clubs in that way then they need to be mindful of the history as a whole as that is what makes these clubs so big.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Real Madrid literally built their success from the influence of a fascist dictator. Juventus built their success by 'winning the lottery' when the Agnelli family bought them in the 1920's. 

It all starts somewhere. 

See I started to type something out to this effect except I don't have the historical knowledge to back it up with examples. 

Chelsea could have a very different perception later on in our lives, especially now that Abramovich and his money aren't involved with the club.

A short while ago third spot seemed pretty much nailed on, now you're only one point ahead of Arsenal after one point in a possible six against not too great an opposition in both cases. How concerned are you that The FA Cup Final is distracting you from the league if indeed this is what's causing this present mini slump?

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Real Madrid literally built their success from the influence of a fascist dictator. Juventus built their success by 'winning the lottery' when the Agnelli family bought them in the 1920's. 

It all starts somewhere. 

Atletico Madrid were also given fond treatment by Franco, Real Madrid only got more attention because they were winning more. Atleti were the club of the airforce.

Franco is such an interesting figure, so vague, so hidden from the public. He was smart to make Real Madrid a symbol of Spanish nationalism, he never made himself a public symbol. Not quite a fascist, not quite a dictator, some murky in between all because they didn’t let him into the Navy.

Todd Boehly’s bid have been incredibly impressed with Tuchel, they will look to talk to him quickly and tell him their vision, it’s been a sticky patch of results but Tuchel has become Chelsea’s ambassador through all this and they’ve been hugely impressed. ( @Matt_Law_DT ) 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't get over how much he reminded me of Ted Lesso last weekend.

A fan on another forum actually got to speak with him. Conversation below. 

Nah, just asked him if things are happening, he said it already was and that transfers already been spoken about. 

I said we need to be champions again, he said "I will do my utmost" "it's go time"

GO.png

• Haha 1