talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently Tuchel may be given 200Mill spending for the summer, If we can shift others open to a move on top of that we could be seeing a lot of activity in and out of the club.. 

Just curious where @carefreeluke has been as well??? not heard from him for ages now

Nothing new then. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently Tuchel may be given 200Mill spending for the summer,

No one has inside knowledge to the exact figure. These journalists hear that the manager will be backed and they conjure up a number. 

Same thing with Spurs giving Conte 180m to spend. Why would they make that public knowledge?

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No one has inside knowledge to the exact figure. These journalists hear that the manager will be backed and they conjure up a number. 

Same thing with Spurs giving Conte 180m to spend. Why would they make that public knowledge?

Spurs announced investors putting more money in for convertible shares - not their transfer budget.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No one has inside knowledge to the exact figure.

Of course not... The same way no-one really knows what's going on with contracts or in's and out's... unless we are sitting in the room when these decisions are being made it's all paper talk and rumour and speculation.... 

Chelsea have won an award for the football club with the “best reputation” – just as the exit of their disgraced former owner Roman Abramovich was confirmed.

Stamford Bridge File Photo

Chelsea’s prize was part of the Football Reputation Awards 2021 hosted by the World Sport Organisation. The awards ceremony is designed to “recognise clubs and players who have led the way, setting an example by promoting a better world, and raised awareness of the potential for sport to influence positive change in society”.

The annual awards are voted in secret by a wide cast of players, coaches, referees, executives and journalists around Europe.

Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante also won the equivalent player award, and by a distance, receiving 62 per cent of the vote, while Chelsea took the club award with 37 per cent of the vote.

Chelsea win Football Reputation Award despite sanctions against former owner Roman Abramovich (msn.com)

• Haha 1

Latest Chelsea rumours/targets:-

- Kounde: as good as done
- Gvardiol: sounds happy to stay at Leipzig another year
- Koulibaly: available for €40m
- Bastoni
- Soyuncu
- Pau Torres
- Gimenez

- Perisic: considering improved offer from Inter

- Cucurella

- Bissouma
- Tchouameni: likely to be joining Real 
- Rice: refusing to sign new contract / available for £120m
- Rabiot: available for €15-20m

- Dembele: between us and Bayern
- Nkunku: currently in contract talks with Leipzig
- Sterling: last year of contract
- Jonathan David
- Darwin Nunez

Not a vintage season for our Blues. Maybe there a few reasons for the lackluster season, but for me its shown up many of the problems we have had for a number of years.

Manager has been a credit off the pitch. Alas on the pitch he has been way below the standard needed. Yeah there are things beyond his control which were not foreseen before the  season, however the squad he had at hand never consistently reached a level to be proud of and the loss of two wing backs for a long period of time showed him up as pretty much a one system only coach ( he even batted off a change of system after yesterdays game when pushed on the subject). The amount of poor results against teams who were cannon fodder for most clubs would have found him at the exit door had the Government not saved him. The only football reason that in my own mind saves him is these are still to be his players. Maybe at the start of next season that saving grace will be removed. I feel sure there will be alot of movement both in and out this summer, but whatever you do, forgrt anything you read from those who would have you believe they are in the know.

It seems the previous manager has been the reason why 3 CH's have left the club including the one said to be best in Italy this past season. Rudiger has been as honest and clear as any fan would want. I stood and applauded him yesterday as he left us, but would like to remind everyone while he has been outstanding under this manager, he was bang average for the rest of his contract with us and wouldn't have been treated as he was by Frank if he had performed. Please don't forget David Luiz threw his toys out the pram to get away from Frank too. Add Christensen mental health and soon to be sold by Barcelona for nice lump sum, we have managed to move all 5 CH's Frank had.

While the defense has been far more leaky all season, for me the underlining problem this season was lack of goals, lack of killing off games, the foot on the throat we became used too over the better seasons. The manager did not help us, at least can anyone think when he proved to help his misfiring selections? Maybe he will find that "Fabregas" to make chances which are harder to miss than score (Although Pulisic will still manage to miss) which our forwards have proved to need and this will fall under "his players" tag which should allow him to stick around. Lukaku should not be sold until we are happy with our squad going into the season.

So much more could be written as its been quite a last few months and you can find my thoughts on in's n out's in the season outlook thread, Around the ground at the last two season games I felt my fellow season ticket holders down in confidence and a general worry for the future. Funny enough much the same feeling when Roman took over the club. Its to be seen if Todd falls hook line n sinker for the club as Roman followed us in doing. He and his fellow owners at the Dodgers sure have the right attitude on whats needed for success.

A crappy season where we lost the best club owner in sports.

What do the new owners hold dear? Profit

Lucky for us to gain a profit on the money they spent we will have to be successful on the pitch. We will see.

20 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Not a vintage season for our Blues. Maybe there a few reasons for the lackluster season, but for me its shown up many of the problems we have had for a number of years.

Manager has been a credit off the pitch. Alas on the pitch he has been way below the standard needed. Yeah there are things beyond his control which were not foreseen before the  season, however the squad he had at hand never consistently reached a level to be proud of and the loss of two wing backs for a long period of time showed him up as pretty much a one system only coach ( he even batted off a change of system after yesterdays game when pushed on the subject). The amount of poor results against teams who were cannon fodder for most clubs would have found him at the exit door had the Government not saved him. The only football reason that in my own mind saves him is these are still to be his players. Maybe at the start of next season that saving grace will be removed. I feel sure there will be alot of movement both in and out this summer, but whatever you do, forgrt anything you read from those who would have you believe they are in the know.

It seems the previous manager has been the reason why 3 CH's have left the club including the one said to be best in Italy this past season. Rudiger has been as honest and clear as any fan would want. I stood and applauded him yesterday as he left us, but would like to remind everyone while he has been outstanding under this manager, he was bang average for the rest of his contract with us and wouldn't have been treated as he was by Frank if he had performed. Please don't forget David Luiz threw his toys out the pram to get away from Frank too. Add Christensen mental health and soon to be sold by Barcelona for nice lump sum, we have managed to move all 5 CH's Frank had.

While the defense has been far more leaky all season, for me the underlining problem this season was lack of goals, lack of killing off games, the foot on the throat we became used too over the better seasons. The manager did not help us, at least can anyone think when he proved to help his misfiring selections? Maybe he will find that "Fabregas" to make chances which are harder to miss than score (Although Pulisic will still manage to miss) which our forwards have proved to need and this will fall under "his players" tag which should allow him to stick around. Lukaku should not be sold until we are happy with our squad going into the season.

So much more could be written as its been quite a last few months and you can find my thoughts on in's n out's in the season outlook thread, Around the ground at the last two season games I felt my fellow season ticket holders down in confidence and a general worry for the future. Funny enough much the same feeling when Roman took over the club. Its to be seen if Todd falls hook line n sinker for the club as Roman followed us in doing. He and his fellow owners at the Dodgers sure have the right attitude on whats needed for success.

A crappy season where we lost the best club owner in sports.

What do the new owners hold dear? Profit

Lucky for us to gain a profit on the money they spent we will have to be successful on the pitch. We will see.

I personally think within three seasons the owners will be looking to sell re the profit scenario.

On last season think injuries to Chilwell, James, Kovacic and Kante could have unravelled our season.

Think it is down to Tuchel that we remained in the running for 3rd and the Cups.

I don't always agree with his subs or the timing of the subs yet think he is a top manager.

Recruitment for this season is crucial for defence and we need midfield strengthening and tweaking in attack. It will be interesting to see what we get.

Although I think we were fortunate to have an owner like Abramovich I said on a Chelsea forum a couple of years ago when he had passport problems in the UK that he should have come to a deal with Radcliffe, it was ominous that he was being treated this way suggestive that global politics were changing. 

As an owner he did many good things for the club yet also believe he personally went over managers' head to buy expensive attacking players that were not a good fit for the club and put the managers under unnecessary pressure. Standouts for me were Shevchenko, Torres and Lukaku. 

Also thought the sacking of Ancelotti was harsh.

• Upvote 1