talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Did you two even read the purchasing agreement? 

The owners cannot sell before 10 years and there is a specific ‘anti glazer clause’ within the agreement. 

The Liquidator never reads anything, he only copies and pastes.

On 28/05/2022 at 18:47, Waylander said:

I personally think within three seasons the owners will be looking to sell re the profit scenario.

On last season think injuries to Chilwell, James, Kovacic and Kante could have unravelled our season.

Think it is down to Tuchel that we remained in the running for 3rd and the Cups.

I don't always agree with his subs or the timing of the subs yet think he is a top manager.

Recruitment for this season is crucial for defence and we need midfield strengthening and tweaking in attack. It will be interesting to see what we get.

Although I think we were fortunate to have an owner like Abramovich I said on a Chelsea forum a couple of years ago when he had passport problems in the UK that he should have come to a deal with Radcliffe, it was ominous that he was being treated this way suggestive that global politics were changing. 

As an owner he did many good things for the club yet also believe he personally went over managers' head to buy expensive attacking players that were not a good fit for the club and put the managers under unnecessary pressure. Standouts for me were Shevchenko, Torres and Lukaku. 

Also thought the sacking of Ancelotti was harsh.

Interesting post Mate

On your first point, It to be seen how binding the alleged Anti Glazer points are. We wont know for sure until paperwork is made public. With most of the creditable media outlets choosing to report as "These clauses are thought to bar the group from paying dividends or management fees until 2032, prohibit the sale of any shares of Chelsea for 10 years and place strict limits on the level of debt they could take on."

Obviously the use of the word "thought" means they\everyone else don't know for sure. I am of the mind that they are a cute lot n unlikely to sign up for Ten, so I expect an escape will be slotted in the contract somehow. We will see.

Yeah Roman made a few mistakes over the years, not being able to control Jose ego first time around being the most costly. I presume you know the Carlo story why he was got rid of and Ray Wilkins before him? While it may have come as a shock to some that day at Everton, I feel sure Carlo knew it from the day Wilkins was let go. Roman never forgave, I like that alot.

Tuchel has had alot of forward talent this season, however he never devised a system that would score goals in games we failed kill off. All season he would answer the problem was not enough clean sheets. I as well as alot of others made wonder at what he was looking at.

The owner splashing out on a few fav players I believe is a small price to pay for what he delivered over his time. If nothing else it gave opposing fans something to cling too while we continued success and who can forget Torres scoring at Barcelona :)

A summer of in's n outs's looks to be on the menu and you are right about defense. Word has been at the ground for some weeks now that the manager will get his former player out of Barcelona on a free. Hell of a swap if he does!

• Upvote 1

On the scoring we started really well with scoring yet that was the full backs.

Havertz has the technical ability though whether it is injuries or underlying infection does not always look to be fit.

Re the 10 year rule, as you suggest always think business being business money and legal pros will find a way around if needs be, night be a new government by then too.

Remind me about Carlo, I know he lost his father in the 2nd season and did not win anything so seemed harsh. What about Wilkins too, forgotten what got him in trouble?

Nothing against Torres personally, think he had a mental crisis yet put in a shift on the wing and agree that goal at Barcelona was special too.

I always felt TT was using deflection after the matches to the press to make excuses rather than reveal our main issues so as to not risk hurting players self esteem. 

I loved those two first season under Mourinho and without Roman that would never have happened and as the media said Roman's cash injection via buying players in that first season saved three Italian clubs from bankruptcy. 

Mount is the only attacker you can say puts in performances at a consistent level. He isn't a natural goal scorer so the inconsistency in finishing will always be there unless he goes through a Lampard esq transformation (entirely possible given his metrics are better than Lampard's were at his age). 

Pulisic is free to leave. When you complain about minutes whilst missing an open net against Watford, there's no help for you. 

Werner and Lukaku both aren't footballers

Ziyech I'm willing to keep given he gives us an attacking element. He's also loads better in a 433 vs 343 where he isn't that isolated. 

Havertz i'm on thin ice with. He can either look like he's never played football before to having the touch of Dennis Bergkamp. We play better with him in the XI but his metrics are horrid. No more needing to adapt to the league. No more COVID excuses. No more needing managerial stability. He needs to deliver this next season. 

Mount had a good season though he did have a spell in December and early January when he was off form. If he had been on form then he might have scored 15+.

I wondered if perhaps England duty with mixing with DLC - modelling and Rashford - social media had taken his mind off the game for a spell.

Remember him getting his hair cut short and then he was back to his consistent form. 

Weird.

It is done. 19 years of astounding success. Thank you Roman. 

Roman Abramovich has completed the sale of Chelsea Football Club and related companies to an investment group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.

This sale process commenced on 2 March, when Mr. Abramovich announced his intention to sell the Club after 19 successful years of ownership. In selling the Club, Mr. Abramovich stipulated that the new owner must be a good steward of the Club, the net proceeds of the sale must be donated to charity, and that he would not seek the repayment of loans made to affiliates of the Club.

Following this announcement, the Board of Directors and senior staff at the Club immediately commenced work on the sale transaction. Raine, a global merchant bank chosen by the owner to run the sale process, has significant expertise and experience advising premium sports clubs on mergers and acquisitions and advised the owner and the Club in the process.

SANCTIONS
On 10 March, Mr. Abramovich was sanctioned by the UK Government. Under sanctions, the Club operated within the confines and constraints of the restrictive General Licence granted by the UK Government, while doing its best to maintain the ordinary course of business. At all times throughout the process the Club’s objective was to support our men’s, women’s and academy teams and allow them to operate with the absolute minimum level of inconvenience and distraction.

These sanctions also presented unique and unforeseen challenges to the sale process, but the Board and Raine continued to work on the transaction in accordance with the owner’s objectives.

PROCESS
The process was extremely thorough and completed on an accelerated timeline. Many described the proposed transaction as “unprecedented”, and it was. A transaction such as this would normally take nine months to a year to complete; we did it in less than three months.
The Club received more than 250 enquiries from proposed purchasers, held detailed discussions with more than 100 individuals and entities, and entered into 32 confidentiality agreements, which allowed for due diligence with respect to confidential Club information. Ultimately, the Club received 12 credible bids, resulting in 4 and then 3 final bidders. The Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital consortium was chosen as the preferred bidder.
PREFERRED BIDDER
The group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital rose above the other groups through the strength of the partnership between the group’s component parts, which includes Mark Walter, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Capital; and Hansjörg Wyss, founder of the Wyss Foundation; Todd and Mark’s participation in the ownership of several sports franchises with sustained winning traditions, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Los Angeles Sparks; a belief by the Board that this group could help the Club resolve certain current challenges and could assist in creating new opportunities, and help the Club reach its long-term strategic objectives. We believe the Board and the Boehly/Clearlake group have a shared vision for the future of Chelsea Football Club.
STRUCTURE OF TRANSACTION
In choosing the right stewards for the Club through this transaction, we agreed with the new owners that their group would make certain binding financial commitments, including investments in the Academy and women’s team, the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge and the Chelsea Foundation.
We also agreed several further conditions to ensure that the new owners continue to provide equity funding for future capital and operating expenditures, and that the Club will not be laden with inappropriate financial indebtedness.
STAKEHOLDERS AND APPROVALS
Throughout this process, we have worked very closely with the UK Government, in particular the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), and HM Treasury, as well as with the Premier League, The FA and UEFA. In order to complete the transaction, we needed consents and approvals from all, and in particular from the UK Government.
We have been able to obtain all necessary consents, as well as further licences required in Portugal, Canada and Jersey due to the structure of the previous ownership
THANK YOU
We would like to thank all of the bidders for their engagement, effort and participation in this process.

We would also like to thank our men and women footballers, the staff of both teams, everyone in our Academy, and in particular Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes for their patience and support during this process. And, of course, thank you to all our partners, staff and fans during this difficult phase for the Club.
We additionally wish to state our appreciation for the efforts of the Fans' Forum, Chelsea Supporters Trust, Chelsea Supporters Group, Chelsea Supporters Club and Chelsea Pitch Owners for engaging with bidders and conveying their views and expectations of any new owner.
And finally, we would like to thank for their help, assistance, and support those persons with whom we have worked with at:
DCMS
HM Treasury
UEFA
The FA
The Premier League
The Raine Group
Northridge Law
Simmons & Simmons
Ernst & Young
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
And, OF COURSE, Roman Abramovich for 19 amazing, unforgettable years.
The Board of Directors of Chelsea Football Club.

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Havertz has the technical ability though whether it is injuries or underlying infection does not always look to be fit.

Re the 10 year rule, as you suggest always think business being business money and legal pros will find a way around if needs be, night be a new government by then too.

Remind me about Carlo, I know he lost his father in the 2nd season and did not win anything so seemed harsh. What about Wilkins too, forgotten what got him in trouble?

Nothing against Torres personally, think he had a mental crisis yet put in a shift on the wing and agree that goal at Barcelona was special too.

I always felt TT was using deflection after the matches to the press to make excuses rather than reveal our main issues so as to not risk hurting players self esteem. 

I loved those two first season under Mourinho and without Roman that would never have happened and as the media said Roman's cash injection via buying players in that first season saved three Italian clubs from bankruptcy. 

Check your Private messages Mate

Boehly Statement:

Boehly said in a statement that he was "honoured" and "wanted to make fans proud".

''We are honoured to become the new custodians of Chelsea Football Club," he said.

"We're all in - 100% - every minute of every match. Our vision as owners is clear: we want to make the fans proud.

"Along with our commitment to developing the youth squad and acquiring the best talent, our plan of action is to invest in the club for the long term and build on Chelsea's remarkable history of success.

"I personally want to thank ministers and officials in the British government, and the Premier League, for all their work in making this happen."

23 hours ago, Waylander said:

Havertz and Mount are the only two players I would refuse to move on. Everyone else has their price. I like the former alot. He reminds me so much of a young Osgood. My only question, where is he best placed on the pitch. I am not sure the manager has that decision made, although later in the season CF was his starting spot.

Mount could truely be anything, other than a Penalty taker!

I would consider deals for all other midfield n forward players, as long as we are covered twice in every position come the first game of the season.

I think Dembélé would be a nice touch who I would hope to be more creative than the players we have used this season. It looks as thou Defender names are pretty much as last summer, so I am not expecting any new names. A player I like ad dont expect us to buy is a player on loan at Sheffield Unitrd from Wolves, Morgan Gibbs-White. Strong running with plenty of pace, I think he has a future.

Time will tell ~ I'll be there 1st home game of the season, as per normal :)

• Upvote 1

You can have your statue back... 

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has reportedly agreed upon a salary with Inter Milan ahead of a potential loan return to Serie A this summer as the Blues issue a short deadline to the Belgian's agent to get the deal wrapped up. football.london understands Lukaku has asked his lawyer to check the possibility of a possible return to the San Siro, less than 12 months after making the move from Milan to London.

Regardless of who is recruited to try and break the long-standing number 9 curse that has haunted many strikers in the past, Boehly and the Chelsea board have seemingly made their stance clear on what Inter Milan must do imminently to seal a deal for the Belgian.

As well as agreeing to a £6.3million salary with the Nerazzurri which would mean a £3.9m reduction in what Lukaku has been earning at Chelsea this season (£10.2m), his new agents have been given an ultimatum of 15 days to close this transfer operation as the Blues look for a swift solution to this issue.

Romelu Lukaku Inter Milan salary 'agreed' as Chelsea and Todd Boehly put deadline on transfer (msn.com)

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

You can’t still be salty about the transfer 🤣

I wasn't salty when he moved. He moved to a club on the verge of winning everything and for much more money. No problem.

Some Liverpool fans still don't like him... ive never really given a fuck xD

Something I have noticed about two players we are linked with both wanting guarantees of playing time prior to any potential signing.. Both Sterling and Dembele have almost said the same thing... Thing is I don't think it's a guarantee that can be given at any point other than to get them to sign on the dotted line... Also I am not sure how any footballer playing for a top 6 club could be expected to have such a luxury.. Any top 6 six club is going to be fighting for a lot of things in any one season and that's a lot of games where rotation is crucial in a side under normal circumstances and that does not include if the player in question is in form... If they want to be playing games week in and week out they need to lower their expectations and maybe join a side like United or Arsenal.. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

ive never really given a fuck

Well we know that's not true.... If we told you that the letter A on the sign 'This is Anfield' was a bit wonky compared to the others you would probably burst a blood vessel... 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well we know that's not true.... If we told you that the letter A on the sign 'This is Anfield' was a bit wonky compared to the others you would probably burst a blood vessel... 

What? Are you OK mate? 

I don't know if you take any notice on here but I'm one of the Liverpool fans that actually doesn't burst a blood vessel regarding players signing/leaving. 

It really doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by LFCMadLad