talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Its a very much one in one out type of deal now. 

Too many attackers on big wages. Lukaku out means Sterling in. Ziyech/Werner/Pulisic out means Dembele in. 

Feels like we are going through treacle at the moment but once one is completed I am sure others will fall into place.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Feels like we are going through treacle at the moment but once one is completed I am sure others will fall into place.. 

Romano said yesterday that the priority, above all else, is moving Lukaku on. 

Boehly won me then and there. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Romano said yesterday that the priority, above all else, is moving Lukaku on. 

Boehly won me then and there. 

He needs to go now no matter what, would have liked to have seen him succeed but given everything that has gone on after arriving and throw in his terrible form as well it's just an unworkable situation for the club and for him... 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes the English Werner.

Hello Mate, Hope you and family are well.

Yeah, I have heard that elsewhere, however I think he is a grade up on the others we have playing out wide other than Mount, who still has plenty more to grow into & I feel sure his career will involve him moving inside before long.

The other name Sterling, who grew up close to the same area i lived in London earned when the buzz was all about him was the headless Chicken. There was more than a few times while at Liverpool he lived up to that tag, but over the last few years there is more substance to his finishing product, both Goals and Assists.

Yes, you have become far more laid back Liverpool fan mate over the years I have been here. Alas the deluded army still outnumber all other club fans in writing total Bull shit on anything football. So much so, I am told the Mute Ignore Dumb buttons on Tv's and Computers are to be named changed to the "LiverpoolFC Button" ;)

Why has Mane left? Is there any truth he was jealous of the guy on the other wing?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You can’t still be salty about the transfer 🤣

Sterling for £35mill at 27 years old is cracking business for anyone.

35M I believe is wishful thinking,  media being lead by the fee for Mane to Munich. Anything up to 50m may well turn out closer to the truth. That is. if the whole story is true!

10 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Yeah, I have heard that elsewhere, however I think he is a grade up on the others we have playing out wide other than Mount, who still has plenty more to grow into & I feel sure his career will involve him moving inside before long.

The other name Sterling, who grew up close to the same area i lived in London earned when the buzz was all about him was the headless Chicken. There was more than a few times while at Liverpool he lived up to that tag, but over the last few years there is more substance to his finishing product, both Goals and Assists.

Yes, you have become far more laid back Liverpool fan mate over the years I have been here. Alas the deluded army still outnumber all other club fans in writing total Bull shit on anything football. So much so, I am told the Mute Ignore Dumb buttons on Tv's and Computers are to be named changed to the "LiverpoolFC Button" ;)

Why has Mane left? Is there any truth he was jealous of the guy on the other wing?

He wanted us to triple his wages... no chance.

Bayern are willing to pay him £365k a week... never happening at Liverpool.

Salah will leave for free next summer for the exact same reason. @The Liquidator .. im not sure Salah improved us anyway :ph34r:

No big deal... players come and go.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

Good to see Liverpool will not pay excessively and it will be interesting to both see how Salah goes next season also how Mane does in Germany.

Not convinced Sterling is great for us as he is not clinical  yet better than anything we currently have.

19 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Big talk from Mr. “But does he improve them” xD

On 19/06/2022 at 22:03, LFCMadLad said:

He wanted us to triple his wages... no chance.

Bayern are willing to pay him £365k a week... never happening at Liverpool.

Salah will leave for free next summer for the exact same reason. @The Liquidator .. im not sure Salah improved us anyway :ph34r:

No big deal... players come and go.

Haha... Must be coming around to the anniversary of that correct statement of mine.

I bet a few of your deluded friends on this little board are still jerking off to that post, if they are still here that is.

Thx for the Mane info. You think Salah will cash in too, interesting. They have both been smashing signings for you, Shame the league position didn't improve till the Goalie & CH had their first full seasons :ay:

21 hours ago, Waylander said:

Good to see Liverpool will not pay excessively and it will be interesting to both see how Salah goes next season also how Mane does in Germany.

Not convinced Sterling is great for us as he is not clinical  yet better than anything we currently have.

That seems to be the more popular opinion.

I am still to be convinced there is any truth to the story and Sky Italy are hardly a stand out for getting things before anyone else.

Who would be on your three player wishlist for next season?

14 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

That seems to be the more popular opinion.

I am still to be convinced there is any truth to the story and Sky Italy are hardly a stand out for getting things before anyone else.

Who would be on your three player wishlist for next season?

Don't think it is easy, I like Cucurella if Chilwell does not recover and we need cover. We are not the only ones interested however and could lose out. One of them might not want to be on the bench too.

Defensive midfield - I think Rice would be our best option though thinking is TT will go to Europe because of cost.

Centre Back - not sure, Skrinjar has been mentioned and is country captain and we need some leadership assuming he can play well enough in the EPL.

Forwards - With Lukaku presumably going not sure Havertz or Broja is enough. Havertz can play well though at times looks like he has something like Malaria. Broja not sure how he fits in the team, pre-season should help clarify. Broja has talents it is how he can integrate with the rest of the team, not sure he can lead the team more a no.10 for me.

Would be ideal if we could have perhaps an older striker that could hold the ball and also score to give Havertz cover and competition.

Sterling would be an upgrade on Werner and Pulisic and we need one.

I did think about Bowen though after seeing him for England have changed my mind, too slow and too slow to see the pass in the middle.

On 21/06/2022 at 12:58, Waylander said:

Don't think it is easy, I like Cucurella if Chilwell does not recover and we need cover. We are not the only ones interested however and could lose out. One of them might not want to be on the bench too.

Defensive midfield - I think Rice would be our best option though thinking is TT will go to Europe because of cost.

Centre Back - not sure, Skrinjar has been mentioned and is country captain and we need some leadership assuming he can play well enough in the EPL.

Forwards - With Lukaku presumably going not sure Havertz or Broja is enough. Havertz can play well though at times looks like he has something like Malaria. Broja not sure how he fits in the team, pre-season should help clarify. Broja has talents it is how he can integrate with the rest of the team, not sure he can lead the team more a no.10 for me.

Would be ideal if we could have perhaps an older striker that could hold the ball and also score to give Havertz cover and competition.

Sterling would be an upgrade on Werner and Pulisic and we need one.

I did think about Bowen though after seeing him for England have changed my mind, too slow and too slow to see the pass in the middle.

Interesting read.

The last few days so many people I often spend match days with are voicing an opinion that this window the Manager will be responsible for all decisions both in and out. The most alarming line I have been told, TT told the club before Lukaku made his Italian bombshell half way through the season, that he wasn't good enough to be the mainstay forward in his team. I guess that would explain why he spent so much time on the bench at that time.

Others say Lukaku's attitude changed when the manager told him he needs to improve to play his system and reminded him before he signed TT told him what was expected of him.

Obviously its silly season, but something must have happened at that level and for the club to get rid of him for a season so quickly pours fuel on those stories.

Personally I would have rather had sorted the players in before allowing a major asset to leave, but I guess it adds to the suspense, especially as almost every player we have been strongly linked with gets linked to someone else within days, which underlines nobody fucking knows what's going on.

Chelsea reportedly want to sign Michael Edwards to be their Director of Football.

Personally, I hope that doesn't happen as he's great at his job and I'd prefer Chelsea continue this new look of being a bit rudderless and confused in how to operate in a post-Abramovich world to carry on for a few more seasons.

But he'd be a great appointment, although I think after so long with Abramovich controlling the club... I'm not sure Chelsea fans will have much patience for a man that thinks about things in the long-term in charge of their recruitment. But he'd be a great appointment for an owner that wants Chelsea to be competitive but also that wants to see a club with a long-term vision rather than just throwing money at problem positions then cutting bait once the problem hasn't been solved with an expensive signing.

Could also be a risky appointment as his time with us and Rodgers indicates that with the wrong manager he's not the best fit - but I think Tuchel's miles ahead of Rodgers as a manager and would probably do really well with Edwards working with him to bring in signings to breathe some new life into them.

So again, I hope it doesn't happen.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea reportedly want to sign Michael Edwards to be their Director of Football.

Personally, I hope that doesn't happen as he's great at his job and I'd prefer Chelsea continue this new look of being a bit rudderless and confused in how to operate in a post-Abramovich world to carry on for a few more seasons.

But he'd be a great appointment, although I think after so long with Abramovich controlling the club... I'm not sure Chelsea fans will have much patience for a man that thinks about things in the long-term in charge of their recruitment. But he'd be a great appointment for an owner that wants Chelsea to be competitive but also that wants to see a club with a long-term vision rather than just throwing money at problem positions then cutting bait once the problem hasn't been solved with an expensive signing.

Could also be a risky appointment as his time with us and Rodgers indicates that with the wrong manager he's not the best fit - but I think Tuchel's miles ahead of Rodgers as a manager and would probably do really well with Edwards working with him to bring in signings to breathe some new life into them.

So again, I hope it doesn't happen.

Well let's hope the complete opposite of that happens then... 

On the rudderless comment I have been wondering how well or badly we do this transfer window with all the changes taking place.. First we are hearing that Boehly is taking the lead on transfers and the other is that Tuchel is being given the task so we are yet to see how effective our summer will be... 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well let's hope the complete opposite of that happens then... 

On the rudderless comment I have been wondering how well or badly we do this transfer window with all the changes taking place.. First we are hearing that Boehly is taking the lead on transfers and the other is that Tuchel is being given the task so we are yet to see how effective our summer will be... 

Honestly, this might not what Chelsea fans want to hear because they've sort of been spoiled with an oligarch at the helm... but your squad is good enough to at least challenge for the CL this season without spending too much money bringing anyone in. It could be a good moment for a DOF to come in and get to work with the manager and current players to figure out what exactly the best signings for Chelsea in the long-term will be.

I think if you get in someone like Edwards, even if it's in this summer, you'd be wise to not spend too much money right after bringing him in and giving him some time to make some detailed assessments about the state of the squad. You bring in a new DOF now and then tell him he's got 2 months or some shite to spend a load of money... and you could end up with a DOF that's made some panic buys and starting off his tenure looking a bit shit.

Because if Boehly is genuine about wanting to copy the template we've worked with in the FSG + Klopp era... I think there's a lot of re-vamping of how Chelsea operate as a club. From the way players are valued, to the way contracts are structured (and that can mean it's necessary to have a lot of turnover at the club over the next few years, getting players who he deems are "overpaid" to agree to sign more incentive based contracts, and clearing out those players that aren't going to fit in at Chelsea long term), to the way academy players are valued (less as sellable assets to fund big transfers and more as squad players).

I think if Chelsea genuinely want to adapt an approach more like ours, they've got to fundamentally change a lot about what goes on behind the scenes and above the manager's head. And that might mean being a bit patient in terms of waiting for new players to come into the side.

Crazy rumours floating about that we are in to sign Ronaldo and or Neymar from PSG... Our lack of transfer activity so far is just fuelling all this nonsense... At least I hope it's nonsense and not Boehly thinking he can win everyone over with a big name silly signing.. 

Also don't fancy us getting Declan Rice for the silly amount West Ham are wanting... 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Crazy rumours floating about that we are in to sign Ronaldo and or Neymar from PSG... Our lack of transfer activity so far is just fuelling all this nonsense... At least I hope it's nonsense and not Boehly thinking he can win everyone over with a big name silly signing.. 

Also don't fancy us getting Declan Rice for the silly amount West Ham are wanting... 

The Ronaldo guff is hilarious. Meeting with a football agent who literally has hundreds of players on his books. He wouldn’t even fit Chelsea’s system under Tuchel and it’s calculated from the Mendes team to hurry United into player signings. 

Also, I genuinely wouldn’t give a fuck if he did go. At 37, he’s got a year or two left, stops youth coming through and commands a ridiculous salary. You’d be nuts to sign him.

18 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’d be nuts to sign him.

Agreed.. Still curious what to make of this new owner and his dealings regarding transfers though, lot's of paper talk as per the norm for this time of the year but the proof of the pudding will be who we do manage to bring in. Some reports are stating that it will be 200Mill plus any additional sales for new players and other reports are saying up to 6 new players have been promised to Tuchel regardless. 

I would be happy with a slower steadier pace to signings if they bring value to the team in the long term rather than us splashing cash on a big name that will have about as much shelf life as a loaf of bread.. As things stand and obviously not including any signings we do make I fully expect us to drop off a little next season, for sure we are still miles behind City and Liverpool so barring a disaster season for either of them top 2 is probably out of the question let alone a title challenge so that leaves us looking at maybe 3rd/4th again?? 

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It really does feel like papers are just making things up to get clicks and it’s easy to do that about a club that hasn’t made any big moves but has just had a high profile takeover and changes made above the manager. I think journos are quite keen for some big Chelsea transfer news… but since there isn’t any really, they’re just throwing shit around and seeing what the editors think will stick.

• Upvote 1