talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Love big Pete but his position has become rather redundant with Marina gone. He served as an intermediary between Lampard/Tuchel and Marina and as far as any other responsibilities its anyone's guess. Personally glad Boehly as come in and cleaned house immediately. Suspect they want to lay the foundations of their vision as soon as possible, so I don't mind all these changes. 

Time will tell how it works out.

Chelsea owner Boehly is exploring options for the new director to replace Marina. One of many candidates is former fullback Maxwell - was already assistant sporting director at PSG. 🔵 #CFC 

Boehly has 3/4 options in the list, including Michael Edwards. No decision yet.

Seems there is plenty of substance to the Raphinia deal. Not sure how smart it is to get this one over the line before Sterling is complete. I remember Jose pulling the plug on Demba signing for Arsenal because they managed to get Ozil over the line. Maybe City will think along the same lines?

Where there is no question Sterling is better than we have, I don't think its the same answer for the Leeds player. I very much enjoyed watching Leeds play under the previous manager. Lets face it very few didn't. What I remember of the player is he was exciting on the break away showing good pace n passing to ball to another Leeds shirt. I can hear some saying just by passing the ball to the same coloured shirt puts him ahead of one or two of ours!

We shall see what happens.

So with our lack of transfers so far the media machine rumbles on churning out the usual revamped stories.. 

Today the Sterling deal is said to be 'close' and almost over the line. Raphinha has apparently taken a U-turn in wanting to join us instead holding out for Barca who reports say may not be able to afford the fee unless they offload.. And the Neymar story won't go away with some saying he is a target for us while others report he has triggered an extension to his contract to stay at PSG 

Don't really care about the Neymar one to be honest as we could well do without.. I would rather spend the money on players who know how to stand upright for most of the match.. 

43 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So with our lack of transfers so far the media machine rumbles on churning out the usual revamped stories.. 

Today the Sterling deal is said to be 'close' and almost over the line. Raphinha has apparently taken a U-turn in wanting to join us instead holding out for Barca who reports say may not be able to afford the fee unless they offload.. And the Neymar story won't go away with some saying he is a target for us while others report he has triggered an extension to his contract to stay at PSG 

Don't really care about the Neymar one to be honest as we could well do without.. I would rather spend the money on players who know how to stand upright for most of the match.. 

Rapha has always wanted Barcelona from day dot.

I don't think he's ever agreed to Chelsea nor has he turned them down. Chelsea have done what we've asked and met our valuation with a big chunk of the money up front, no messing about.

But it's clear Deco and Barcelona have been meeting to see if they can salvage something before it's too late. Deco was photgraphed the other day there when he should have been at Stamford Bridge discussing personal terms.

Barcelona desperately want Rapha, they know the player wants them, they have the personal terms 'agreed' but they haven't met our valuation. And they want to pay us in installments which is not as attractive to us.

They are trying to be clever and force the move through the player and his agent so we accept less, guess we'll see what happens. 

I suspect Barca will get him but they have to at least match your bid. Personally, I'd rather have the chunk of money up front but I do like the idea of him not playing for another club here.

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably easier if I did this once a week rather than trawling through endless repeat reports.. 

In the last 24 hours... 

What we know for sure is that De Ligt and Sterling are progressing. Deals should be reached soon if not already. (Probably the most important these two get done ASAP)

Nathan Ake still in the works. 

Jonathan Clauss and Maxwell Cornet being linked as our back up wingback options. 

So many becoming frustrated by the lack of business by our club this window. Sky and others showing off their prick teasing skills by telling all that would listen to them we have Sterling lined up within 24 hours and we are at the front of the queue for the Leeds wide player among others.

48 hours later the truth is our new big chief is in Spain working on a different deal and probably using dropping out of the Leeds player deal to smooth other deals with his preferred destination.

Not sure I am in favor of Ake or most of the other defenders we have been linked with. Ake is a head scratcher.

Season ticket paid for and compliments to the club for the new payment system. Done n dusted in under 10 minutes.

The story so far with all the players I have read about being linked with these past few weeks.. 

Sterling ( signed )

Raphinha ( Barcelona )

Dembele ( Staying at Barcelona ) 

Kounde ( Barcelona )

Koulibaly ( signed )

Ake ( Staying at City ) 

de Ligt ( Bayern Munich ) 

Ronaldo

Neymar 

Rice

Lewandowski ( Barcelona )

Frenkie de Jong

Gnarbry ( Staying at Bayern Munich )

I think that's about it.... :ph34r:

Edited by Bluewolf

If you was handed a note on the 1st of June with the names Sterling & Koulibaly will be our clubs only confirmed signings by the middle of July, how would you have felt? ............. Yeah, we have had worse full windows.

Gallagher has stayed true to his word when he first left Cobham a few seasons ago when he promised he would return ready to battle for a place at the club. Depending on who's report you read or listen too, he told TT as early as mid last season his plans for this.

Best news of the day conformation Ake asking price will not be met. That decision coupled with no move for Ronaldo are two plus marks for the new board.

As much as I haven't been in favor of signing Ake the news that a expert French league journalist was asked to evaluate Presnel Kimpembe of PSG and linked with being a Chelsea player this window, stated he is no better than Tyrone Mings of Aston Villa with a regular mistake in him. Ake worry replaced with another possible signing we hope does not come to fruition!

On 12/07/2022 at 19:34, Bluewolf said:

The story so far with all the players I have read about being linked with these past few weeks.. 

Sterling ( signed )

Raphinha ( Barcelona )

Dembele ( Barcelona ) 

Kounde

Koulibaly

Ake

de Ligt 

Ronaldo

Neymar 

Rice

Lewandowski 

Frenkie de Jong

Gnarbry

I think that's about it.... :ph34r:

koulibali... that's a start  

sterling - didn't like him then. hope to be proved wrong! 

another cb & a striker & then I'll be slightly more optimistic!