talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Stan said:

How much money do Chelsea actually have for spending? 

20m for Chukwuemeka

50m for Sterling 

35m for Koulibaly

Haha I m half tempted to read the answers you get to this.

There are two versions to this. There are the answers which back up the fables from the gossip world who amazingly, some make a living from and then there is the managers truth, a new found strength allowing him to play God with his squad in a very unRoman manner lol If you want an example of this just look at the Villa signing.

What we do know is Todd loves a deal where he offloads a number of his baseball players for the so called next coming of Babe Ruth. Who knows, we might get Mike Trout for 4 squad players a 80m goalie and season ticket to watch NFL games at Tottenham.

You can be sure of one thing Stan, these money boys did not spend all that money getting the club to see it become an also ran. For whoever this manager wants, they will find the money.

So in answer to your question, for now, I would say its a bottomless pit.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't you get bored with your club spending hundreds of millions and not getting any better :rofl:

Define better?? 

I mean if you really wanted to dig deep I could go all the way back to Glenn Hoddle up to Ranieri to show we improved as a club, then of course came the major change when Abramovich and Mourinho took the helm.. Since then we took that nearly men tag and pushed on over the line to reap what? 

5 Premier league Titles

5 FA Cups

2 Champions League Titles

3 League Cups

2 Europa league Titles

1 Super Cup

1 World Club Cup

2 Sausage Roll Plate Trophies... 

I think that's much better than what went before... B| I think a lot of fans were hoping that when Abramovich went we would fall into the abyss never to be seen again as a major competitor in football but thankfully our new owners have big boots to fill when it comes to keeping the club successful in it's pursuits.. We are going through a period of adjustment this season and probably next while the long term objectives are being sorted out so can take a little hit in the short term for something better in the long... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Azpilicueta signs a new deal. Thought he'd be way out the door. Maybe their CB hunt is finished... 

Unlikely. Just depth at RCB and a voice in the dressing room.

Tuchel was always reluctant to let him go as opposed to Alonso. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Unlikely. Just depth at RCB and a voice in the dressing room.

Tuchel was always reluctant to let him go as opposed to Alonso. 

Chelsea will probably just buy another 7 CB's for a combined fee of £653 million and Hooe for the best. 

31 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Chelsea will probably just buy another 7 CB's for a combined fee of £653 million and Hooe for the best. 

Christ give it a rest. All out of your system yet?

You've become Dodger levels of unbearable. Providing absolutely fuck all to this forum. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Christ give it a rest. All out of your system yet?

You've become Dodger levels of unbearable. Providing absolutely fuck all to this forum. 

But if he makes the same joke 15'000 times it might be funny once.

Starting line upon us and my season ticket at last finds me. Looking forward to enjoying what lays ahead with football friends who have suffered the disappointing times as well as the never thought it would happen to us events that few clubs fans get to indulge for as long as we have. See you at the games!

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Billy Gilmour not been given a squad number?

Yea, He was one of 6 players not given one... I always had high hopes for Gilmour, he always gave me those Pat Nevin vibes... Hope he gets the chance to come good, I just feel there is a decent player in him and he has just not had the rub of the green so far.. 

Six Chelsea players have not been handed squad numbers ahead of the upcoming campaign by manager Thomas Tuchel. Levi Colwill, Ethan Ampadu, Kenedy, Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi have not been given squad numbers for the 2022-23 season.

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Billy Gilmour not been given a squad number?

At the start of last season Billy was voted on my Chelsea board as the youth player to cash in on before bubble bursts. I was one of those votes.

Terrible season at Norwich, my now local club, forcing me to get in the it in the ear all season on the crap Chelsea loanee, from all the Hugh Jackman look-a-likes.

He turned down as many as 6 other clubs for Norwich including Rangers North of the border.

Lack of squad number would suggest his path is another loan away from the club. Wherever he goes, needs a good season, so must choose wisely the correct level to succeed.

I ended up at the game after getting a ticket offer Friday night. Lets just say its already a strong fav as mistake of the football season on my part as the trip there and back were equally as bad as the football on the pitch.

There is no doubt that our football under TT is some of the worst we have endured since the turn of the century, an opinion I can see I share with almost all of this match report thread. Defensive unimaginative and most of all the deeper into his reign, lackluster.

Feller I sat next to said after half hour anyone who hadn't seen us play before would think 17 & 26 were loan players from a higher level as they stood out like Belisha beacons. True enough

I have written here and elsewhere proclaiming our manager needs to manufacture results by finding a way to score more goals in games. Not sure he can claim anything from these 3 points as Everton, who were under strength and poor, gave us the game with that penalty. We have played far better at that ground and left with nothing, so I should take some credence from this Gift Horse result.

We go into a Spurs game where there is a genuine feeling they should get the better of the game. It will be their first test of still being Spursy and our first concrete evidence if the money being spent on our managers opinion is going to turn us into an also ran or make us into a stronger freeflowing outfit.

Like others who went to the game I heard the rumours before the game and sure enough turned to be true on Callum. News that Mendys contract is deemed to be more inportant than the two homegrowns is also said to be true if you go by a few of the paper boys in the know this morning. 24 touched up n told not to sign a new contract has been common knowledge for over a month. He hasn't unlike 19 stepped on camera to say all is OK in his world. 28 stretches his contract before 24. Remember Ashley Cole Arsenal departure? Should sort the homegrowns first.

A poor finisher who had no luck what so ever during his time with us. I am sure it must have been more than half a dozen times I sat in the crowd awaiting VAR ruling out another goal by Werner. He tried hard each time he got the nod, often not getting his preferred position. He won many Spot kicks, nearly always legally which we benefited from. The word was he did not get on with TT who would pick on him so often it became a joke among the other players. Wish him well and fully expect him to return to his hotshot ways back in Germany.

Timo Werner

RB Leipzig have re-signed Chelsea forward Timo Werner on a permanent deal, two years after he left the club for the Premier League.

Chelsea met the Germany international's £45m release clause in 2020 but will make a loss, with Werner returning in a deal thought to be about £25m.

He has signed a four-year deal to 2026 with his former club.

"I'm very happy to be playing for RB Leipzig again from now on," the 26-year-old said.

"It was a great time from 2016 to 2020 in which we caused a sensation as a league newcomer. It was a worthy farewell for me back then, going as a record goalscorer.

"But that's also a bit of the past and now I'm looking ahead, because RB Leipzig has developed over the past two years, just like I have."

Werner scored 23 goals in 89 games in all competitions for Chelsea, winning the Champions League in 2021.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

A poor finisher who had no luck what so ever during his time with us. I am sure it must have been more than half a dozen times I sat in the crowd awaiting VAR ruling out another goal by Werner. He tried hard each time he got the nod, often not getting his preferred position. He won many Spot kicks, nearly always legally which we benefited from. The word was he did not get on with TT who would pick on him so often it became a joke among the other players. Wish him well and fully expect him to return to his hotshot ways back in Germany.

Off the ball he was good as anyone. A nightmare to play against as his for me his movement was brilliant. He helped the fluency of your front line if he was unable to put the ball in the back of the net himself. 

Are you lot signing De Jong?