talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I know mate i was just joking. I don't think we actually ever had a era League wise, five league titles in what Romans 1' years? However we won a lot of different trophies but we never dominated the League liem for example United under Fergie. Think City might just be able to do that in the league under Pep. In the last decade they won 5 and looking so to do it again this season no discrediting Arsenal's chances but i don't think they have the depth for such a long season.

5 league titles is impressive mate. Maybe not an era of dominance but still very impressive 

Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

5 league titles is impressive mate. Maybe not an era of dominance but still very impressive 

Oh most definitely I am grateful to see us win it all, i can die at peace even if we don't win a Audi Cup until the end of my days. However i do unedrstand what you mean by the dominance. Let us wait and see, time will tell how things will unfold for us, personally i am not too worried.

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Oh most definitely I am grateful to see us win it all, i can die at peace even if we don't win a Audi Cup until the end of my days. However i do unedrstand what you mean by the dominance. Let us wait and see, time will tell how things will unfold for us, personally i am not too worried.

Arsenal, City and Newcastle next..................I'd be worried.

Edited by Chickasaw
  • Facepalm 1

I think it will take us a while to be a genuine threat to the status quo.   this season we are that plucky underdog, the Tampa Bay Rays that are deservedly punching with the heavies, but the new FFP rules will make it hard for us to spend a lot of money until we can pump up our commercial revenue.

of course plans are afoot to address that going from a measly 6m a season with castore to a lucrative deal with Adidas.  we also amortized 10-15m per season for 10 years on shared naming and stadium sponsorship and then there is Aramco and Aston Martin sponsorships.   

If we get to the champions league that would be another cash windfall so there is a lot to play for other than being that plucky underdog

May have won the league in 2017 but I would go as far back as 2015 where we haven't really been able to balance both the League and Europe. We've won silverware sure, but our expenditure since then should have us balancing both and consistently. We haven't. Far from it. 

I think for where we want to be as a club, the current players aren't good enough for that. Mostly down to poor recruitment. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

May have won the league in 2017 but I would go as far back as 2015 where we haven't really been able to balance both the League and Europe. We've won silverware sure, but our expenditure since then should have us balancing both and consistently. We haven't. Far from it. 

I think for where we want to be as a club, the current players aren't good enough for that. Mostly down to poor recruitment. 

I certainly agree on poor recruitment, it will be interesting to see who we get under Potter,

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reliable outlets claiming Boehly still has the utmost faith in Potter as the long term manager at this club, and that he is the man for the squad rebuild and club culture change. 

Good. 

Any fan will tell you that its not Potter that is the problem,  its a certain American that came in and decided to make himself Director of Football

Winstaley has joined officially.

That is now Vivell, Shields, and Winstaley appointed to be the club’s global recruitment team. Neil Bath, one of the mainstays of our academy reaching the heights it has, has also been promoted to director of operations. 

Lot of footballing minds now running the club. 

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Winstaley has joined officially.

That is now Vivell, Shields, and Winstaley appointed to be the club’s global recruitment team. Neil Bath, one of the mainstays of our academy reaching the heights it has, has also been promoted to director of operations. 

Lot of footballing minds now running the club. 

I don't know any of these names, do you think this is a good move?

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

I don't know any of these names, do you think this is a good move?

Christopher Vivell and Laurence Stewart are the clubs' new Technical Directors. (Vivell was head of scouting at RB Leipzig and Stewart was also part of the RB model and Monaco)

Paul Winstanley is the clubs' Director of Global Talent and Transfers. (Head of recruitment at Brighton). 

Joe Shields is the clubs' Co-director of Recruitment and Talent. (Head of scouting at Southampton) 

Neil Bath is the clubs' Director of Operations (Clubs' Academy director. Responsible for the growth the academy has seen over this past decade). 

Boehly has formed himself a team vs one director of football. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Christopher Vivell and Laurence Stewart are the clubs' new Technical Directors. (Vivell was head of scouting at RB Leipzig and Stewart was also part of the RB model and Monaco)

Paul Winstanley is the clubs' Director of Global Talent and Transfers. (Head of recruitment at Brighton). 

Joe Shields is the clubs' Co-director of Recruitment and Talent. (Head of scouting at Southampton) 

Neil Bath is the clubs' Director of Operations (Clubs' Academy director. Responsible for the growth the academy has seen over this past decade). 

Boehly has formed himself a team vs one director of football. 

Interesting it sounds good and you have to applaud Boehly's ambition. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2022 at 21:48, Cicero said:

Criminally underrated and undervalued in the English media. 

Yeah when he joined Palace I wasnt thrilled as we already had four competent central defenders and we need to strengthen in several other areas. To say he ended up exceeding expectations was an understatement. 

• Upvote 1

I hear contract talks with Mount have stalled... The club are offering around 200K a week and apparently him or his agent are trying to hold out for 300K... No offence to Mount but he is not a 300K a week player and needs to bring his expectations down a bit.. 

Mason Mount eyes £300k-p/w Chelsea contract amid Liverpool interest (hitc.com)

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I hear contract talks with Mount have stalled... The club are offering around 200K a week and apparently him or his agent are trying to hold out for 300K... No offence to Mount but he is not a 300K a week player and needs to bring his expectations down a bit.. 

Mason Mount eyes £300k-p/w Chelsea contract amid Liverpool interest (hitc.com)

Common ground will be reached, but Mount needs to come to terms and accept his role. 

Reece James was given 250Kpw because he's an elite RB and we suffer without him. Some are now begging for Mount to be out of the XI. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Common ground will be reached, but Mount needs to come to terms and accept his role. 

Reece James was given 250Kpw because he's an elite RB and we suffer without him. Some are now begging for Mount to be out of the XI. 

Mount is a decent enough player but he blows hot and cold and I don't see any growing improvement in his play unlike James who has continued to improve season on season. I think some players tend to get carried away with any hype that surrounds them off the back of a few decent games rather than looking at the overall season performance.. I would like to see much more from him and he should be pushing himself more before thinking he can command that kind of cash per week.. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...