talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We have siged David Fofana from Molde, he is a striker from Ivory Coast. I can honestly say that i never heard of him, but at the age of 20 and hopefully a not too large fee is a win win.

Question is if he stays or goes on loan. 

Havertz will have 5 stinkers and 1 good game, and Aubemeyang is simply tragic. 

I’ve not watched a lot of Chelsea since Potter took over, but having watched the opening exchanges of the Bournemouth game it’s clear to see his game plan. In fact the opening goal pretty much summed it up.

Zakaria and Mount are there to provide Jorginho with passing support but mainly they seem to be trying to run into space provided by the front three who are constantly changing position so that there is always a man running at the Bournemouth defence into space. An example of that was Chelsea’s RW dropping in deep with the ball to play it to James and Jorginho at the half way line and as he did that and drew a defender with him Zakaria made a run into the vacated space waiting to pick the ball up in an advanced area.

The goal was interesting as before it occurred Mount was on the far left, James tried to run the ball up the wing and pass to Sterling but it wasn’t on so they had to reset back to the centre backs. As they did that Mount drifts back to a RCM position creating an overload in midfield on Chelsea’s right side and that allows Jorginho to pass to Mount who is in space who can then feed Sterling through and let him run at their defence.

Havertz hasn’t seemed to have dropped deep centrally much, either he tries to get ahead of the defence to get on the end of a pass/cross centrally or he’s on the right wing position looking to run at the defence creating space for Mount to run into centrally.

The players seem to be reacting well to Potter and his system looks to play to their strengths.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

After being reported that both were for the off this summer... 

Maybe, just maybe, they've accepted the reality that they are in and accepted a reduced wage. Kante too injury prone and Jorginho isn't physical enough. 

It makes sense as well to resign them as well if the rumors are true we want to break the transfer record on Enzo. 

22 hours ago, True Blue said:

We have siged David Fofana from Molde, he is a striker from Ivory Coast. I can honestly say that i never heard of him, but at the age of 20 and hopefully a not too large fee is a win win.

I haven't heard of him either just hope he is better for us than another I had not heard of before, Batshuyai.......