talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, Eco said:

How's Felix doing?

Sounds like from Atleti's camp, that there are some talks about making the move permanent for a lot of money.

One of their better players from what I saw. Simeone is the death of some players.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Cucurella is the player chelsea fans want to disappear and forget he ever existed. 

Think as an inverted fullback he'd be very useful. Hasn't been great. Hasn't been shit. Not a player I'd be fussed if he stayed or left. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

How's Felix doing?

Sounds like from Atleti's camp, that there are some talks about making the move permanent for a lot of money.

Good but for the alleged clause of £80m, hard pass. 

He's being used as a CAM and I think his qualities diminish the deeper he plays. It's why I think he and Nkunku could work but for 80m we are better off finding an actual ST. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

One of their better players from what I saw. Simeone is the death of some players.

I think some coaches just don't mesh well with players, especially if the coach has an ego, which Simeone does.

11 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think some coaches just don't mesh well with players, especially if the coach has an ego, which Simeone does.

Yeah I get that but as far as Atlei goes you’d be hard pressed to argue against what Simeone says and does. I do wish he’d loosed up his attacking style but what are you gonna do, nobody can coach Atleti but Simeone 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah I get that but as far as Atlei goes you’d be hard pressed to argue against what Simeone says and does. I do wish he’d loosed up his attacking style but what are you gonna do, nobody can coach Atleti but Simeone 

There have been rumors of Simeone possibility stepping away after this year, and it worries the hell out of me.

Yeah, I get it that he's hard pressed and doesn't play the sexiest tactics, but Atleti without Simeone is a world I'm not quite ready for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eco said:

There have been rumors of Simeone possibility stepping away after this year, and it worries the hell out of me.

Yeah, I get it that he's hard pressed and doesn't play the sexiest tactics, but Atleti without Simeone is a world I'm not quite ready for.

They've had so much success with him as their manager, it would in many ways be a shame to see him leave. But I do respect him as a manager. Although his teams don't play the most attractive football, they play very effective football. I think that Simeone would do very well as manager of most teams to be honest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea want 80m for Mount and PSG want Bruno G for 60m, when football makes no sense but nonsense

You've conflated the two? 

Chelsea are the selling club. They're the ones who set the price of their asset. 

PSG are the buying club. Newcastle want more than £60m which is their prerogative as the selling club. 

Surprised you can't comprehend that? 

On 18/04/2023 at 13:43, Fairy In Boots said:

Have it on good authority the “pep talk” was him having a full on hissy fit calling them all cunts and hammering on the table 🤣

And I have it on good authority that is 'post' is absolute porky pie. Give up the goss.

Edited by Spike

7 hours ago, Stan said:

You've conflated the two? 

Chelsea are the selling club. They're the ones who set the price of their asset. 

PSG are the buying club. Newcastle want more than £60m which is their prerogative as the selling club. 

Surprised you can't comprehend that? 

selling implies a desire to get rid of which infers unwanted, plus everyone knows he doesn't want to sign a new contract.   

the situation is a desperation sale rather than a one to get overpay.  Bruno would sit in overpay, we don't want to sell but if you massively overpay then we will. 120m only gets the phone answered.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

selling implies a desire to get rid of which infers unwanted, plus everyone knows he doesn't want to sign a new contract.   

the situation is a desperation sale rather than a one to get overpay.  Bruno would sit in overpay, we don't want to sell but if you massively overpay then we will. 120m only gets the phone answered.

You've just disproved your own point really. 

You think Chelsea asking for £80m for Mount is silly money. In your opinion. 

As a Newcastle fan, you think £120m is fine for Bruno. Fair enough. But someone else might think that's silly money. 

But I guess because it's your club it's fine (we're all guilty of this). 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You've just disproved your own point really. 

You think Chelsea asking for £80m for Mount is silly money. In your opinion. 

As a Newcastle fan, you think £120m is fine for Bruno. Fair enough. But someone else might think that's silly money. 

But I guess because it's your club it's fine (we're all guilty of this). 

They are not the same,  Mount and Chelsea are not eye to eye,  the club is not giving him a new contract and his current contract is running down.   Chelsea also have 36 registered players and need to bring it below 25 before June 30 or incur penalties,  this means they are forced, when there is a element of forced to sell eg: in administration your assets are sold to alleviate debts,  it affects the clubs value on the player.   

The situation with Bruno Guimaraes is like Brighton with Caicedo et al,   Arsenal bid 80m for Caicedo,  Bloom rejected and said they want 100m to start talking.  Is caicedo worth 100m,  probably not,  is he worth 80m probably closer to reality but because Brighton don't need to sell,  they dont want to sell and he is in demand,  they can put a premium on him as overpay is always worth it,  as much as I don't want to sell Bruno G,  if we got 120m+ overpay we can turn that into 2-3 players before even spending our allocated budget adding depth.   The old saying of there is no pay like overpay.    

So no, it is not because its my club,  Brighton are in a similar position and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be getting Cucurella level overpay for Mac Allister, Mitomo, Caicedo and Ferguson if they are to release them.   Chelsea are forced,  we are not ergo more value not a firesale. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looks set to be Pochettino... 

Looking that way...

Whoever they finally decide on though they need to get moving with the appointment asap.. 

I am concerned that appointing Lampard has not only failed to inspire the troops as they had hoped but it does not allow another manager to come in and assess the squad before the summer window gets here..