talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I don't see next season being better unless Chelsea initiate a fire sale.  they need to reduce their squad size by June 30 or they will be prohibited from signing.

Chelsea's commercial revenue can carry them short term but their financial position is on a knife edge.  The payroll will bloat to 234m for 2024 which is unsustainable.   they should adopt a take what we can get policy to trim the fat.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I don't see next season being better unless Chelsea initiate a fire sale.  they need to reduce their squad size by June 30 or they will be prohibited from signing.

Chelsea's commercial revenue can carry them short term but their financial position is on a knife edge.  The payroll will bloat to 234m for 2024 which is unsustainable.   they should adopt a take what we can get policy to trim the fat.

Where are you reading that. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I've already read that and I haven't seen anything suggesting we are getting transfer ban should the club not meet FFP for this fiscal season. 

I do agree with you that the squad needs massive trimming, but I think the narrative that the club is in a crises and desperate to sell is a bit far fetched. We only need to raise approximately £93m before June 30th according to Swiss Ramble, which is doable. Gallagher and Mount combined could raise that. 

Edited by Cicero

Chelsea have been in terrible form, losing their last 6 matches in all competitions. However, they are a side full of talent and all I think that they need is a manager who is proven at Premier League level,  a manager who can get them playing close to their potential. Lampard is clearly out of his depth, but I believe that Pochettino will do a good job at the club if he is hired next season.

Lampard must be feeling sick.

What everyone thought was a win-win move for him where he couldn't possibly lose has turned into something where he has lost. Even to the point of an upper level Championship probably not wanting to touch him and Lampard himself has had to say he may have to think outside of the box for the next draw. I believe he's one away from matches the unenviable record Farke has of consecutive losses, albeit Lampard's are at two clubs.

I do not think Chelsea will go down, they've got enough points but that they aren't mathematically safe yet is highly embarrassing and they'd want to put that to bed very quickly. 

They sure are taking their time announcing who our next manager is going to be... Also these rumours keep persisting that Boehly still wants to bring in a big name player to the club like Neymar who's name keeps cropping up recently... If something like that happens then the next manager can kiss goodbye to proper control of the team and also Boehly can fuck off, I would be proper fucked off if that twat joined us.. 

36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They sure are taking their time announcing who our next manager is going to be... Also these rumours keep persisting that Boehly still wants to bring in a big name player to the club like Neymar who's name keeps cropping up recently... If something like that happens then the next manager can kiss goodbye to proper control of the team and also Boehly can fuck off, I would be proper fucked off if that twat joined us.. 

There was hardly any legitimacy to the Ronaldo reports earlier last summer, and with Vivell and the others now in there is a direction we are clearly heading towards, and Neymar + Mane completely contradict that. 

We shouldn't be thinking about bringing anyone in until both a manager is announced and we get rid of the majority of the squad that wants to leave. 

Going to be linked with every Argentine under the sun in the next several weeks. Most important thing right now is to trim off the fat and players Poch doesn't fancy. With only being in one competition next season and the likelihood finishing 5th could secure a Champions League spot, need to make that a priority. 

GK: New GK / Kepa

RB: Reece James / Malo Gusto 

RCB: Wesley Fofana / Thiago Silva / Trevoh Chalobah 

LCB: Levi Colwill / Benoît Badiashile 

LB: Ben Chilwell / Marc Cucurella 

CM:  Enzo Fernandez / New CM / New CM / Andrey Santos 

RF: Mason Mount / Noni Madueke

CAM: Christopher Nkunku / Conor Gallagher 

LF: Raheem Sterling / Mykhailo Mudryk

ST: New ST / Armando Broja 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going to be linked with every Argentine under the sun in the next several weeks. Most important thing right now is to trim off the fat and players Poch doesn't fancy. With only being in one competition next season and the likelihood finishing 5th could secure a Champions League spot, need to make that a priority. 

GK: New GK / Kepa

RB: Reece James / Malo Gusto 

RCB: Wesley Fofana / Thiago Silva / Trevoh Chalobah 

LCB: Levi Colwill / Benoît Badiashile 

LB: Ben Chilwell / Marc Cucurella 

CM:  Enzo Fernandez / New CM / New CM / Andrey Santos 

RF: Mason Mount / Noni Madueke

CAM: Christopher Nkunku / Conor Gallagher 

LF: Raheem Sterling / Mykhailo Mudryk

ST: New ST / Armando Broja 

Do you think Maddison or Tielemans is good enough to fill in one of those CM roles? You do love to sign a Leicester player to be fair xD. Do you think Mount will stay?

As for 5th place getting CL spot, how come?

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you think Maddison or Tielemans is good enough to fill in one of those CM roles? You do love to sign a Leicester player to be fair xD. Do you think Mount will stay?

As for 5th place getting CL spot, how come?

I think both Mount and Gallagher stay. Important to keep some identity after this massive rebuild and its something Poch appreciates. Not to mention both are ideally suited for the football we will likely now play. I think Kante, Ruben and Kovacic leave. As for who comes in, hearing Lavia and Ugarte as options. Doubt we compete for Rice/Caicedo without Champions League football. 

New Champions League format that goes into place 2024/25 season. The two leagues with the highest ranking coefficients get two additional spots. Right now it is both the Premier League and Serie A, so teams who finish 5th will automatically qualify for the Champions League. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Danny said:

Chelsea need to sell around ten players in the Summer, not sure they even have the luxury of being able to keep the players they want if the right bids come in for them.

Think it depends how much money we can coup for the players that are leaving. Need to raise around 93m before June 30th according to SwissRamble, which I think is doable. Maatsen could fetch 30-35m from Burnely. There's Kovacic who has interest from City and Bayern. Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if Mount is the first to go, as well as Gallagher. Would be a mistake. 

• Subscriber
On 15/05/2023 at 18:31, Cicero said:

Think it depends how much money we can coup for the players that are leaving. Need to raise around 93m before June 30th according to SwissRamble, which I think is doable. Maatsen could fetch 30-35m from Burnely. There's Kovacic who has interest from City and Bayern. Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if Mount is the first to go, as well as Gallagher. Would be a mistake. 

That sounds widely unrealistic 

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You would have thought, or at least hoped that Pochettino would have final say on who comes or goes rather than leaving it to the scatter gun approach we have seen already.. 

Thankfully no one reputable reporting it. 

Kept an eye on him this season and his ability, or lack of, to hold the ball and work in tight areas is poor. Imagine him in the Premier League.