talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Criticism should be on CHO after tonight. Was bloody poor against a kid and Rojo.

After what he’s demanded in his new contract, he should not have the same privilege as Tammy, Mount, or James. 

Hes a kid himself remember. You were singing his praises not long ago. It's one game, I wouldn't be so harsh.

Edited by LFCMadLad

Both Pulisic and Odoi where poor, expected better from that front three. Bats did score but wasn't very impressive on the night. Guehi, Zouma and James did well with Gilmour had glimps pf brilliance but he is so weak in duels. Overall we either have to rotate more often or always field a strong eleven.

Poor game. Far too many players under performed in a fixture one can only describe after seeing the effort displayed as a non entity for the club. I go to alot of the games and one of the pleasing points from this season has been the high tempo of the young players spreading throughout the team. Last night the whole team were lack luster in their approach to the fixture. The two starting wide players were a waste of their shirts, very disappointed in Pulisic who did nothing at all. Bloke infront of me said Callum looked as thou he believed the fixture was below him. He was pathetic and performances like this will just add weight to those who want him out of the club. I could go on picking out under par performances from last night, but I think I must highlight Frank after the game in his many pressers. I have watched them this morning on Youtube & there is no doubt in my mind he had wrote the fixture off before the game. He genially looked and sounded like he couldnt give a Monkeys. I wish I had known that before the game as I could have watched this shit at home.

@Redcanuck

On last nights evidence you do not have one player worthy of starting in any of your last few Premier League winning teams (I am sure I am not telling you anything you dont already know mate), that includes your captain from last night who for me is a waste of money and should be targeted by all opposition teams. Slow? I think I could probably turn as quickly as him. As I said after the opening day fixture, you should really enjoy last nights result (not the performance) as I expect, like opening day, it's going to be the highlight of your season.

14 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Poor game. Far too many players under performed in a fixture one can only describe after seeing the effort displayed as a non entity for the club. I go to alot of the games and one of the pleasing points from this season has been the high tempo of the young players spreading throughout the team. Last night the whole team were lack luster in their approach to the fixture. The two starting wide players were a waste of their shirts, very disappointed in Pulisic who did nothing at all. Bloke infront of me said Callum looked as thou he believed the fixture was below him. He was pathetic and performances like this will just add weight to those who want him out of the club. I could go on picking out under par performances from last night, but I think I must highlight Frank after the game in his many pressers. I have watched them this morning on Youtube & there is no doubt in my mind he had wrote the fixture off before the game. He genially looked and sounded like he couldnt give a Monkeys. I wish I had known that before the game as I could have watched this shit at home.

@Redcanuck

On last nights evidence you do not have one player worthy of starting in any of your last few Premier League winning teams (I am sure I am not telling you anything you dont already know mate), that includes your captain from last night who for me is a waste of money and should be targeted by all opposition teams. Slow? I think I could probably turn as quickly as him. As I said after the opening day fixture, you should really enjoy last nights result (not the performance) as I expect, like opening day, it's going to be the highlight of your season.

Yeah, I got that impression as well. He also said he would have rested Jorginho and Kovacic if we had others available.

Poor game from us which lacked the intensity, rhythm, and movement of the previous games. Not that Lampard had many options but the midfield three didn't seem to work at all.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes a kid himself remember. You were singing his praises not long ago. It's one game, I wouldn't be so harsh.

He played very poorly. Was poor against Burnley as well. There’s no denying his talent, but he needs to do more. Especially with his improved wages. 

As I made it abundantly clear, he should not be given the same privilege as our other youth players given what he and his agent demanded. You got it, now show it. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He played very poorly. Was poor against Burnley as well. There’s no denying his talent, but he needs to do more. Especially with his improved wages. 

As I made it abundantly clear, he should not be given the same privilege as our other youth players given what he and his agent demanded. You got it, now show it. 

It was only a few weeks ago you were shouting from the hills to improve his contract and tie him down? 

Couple of poor performances and now fuck him xD

Plenty of nice plaudits being thrown on our team and manager again after another away win. For me, those plaudits must be being made with those who are blind to what is really happening in games.

Great first goal which some at the club are claiming the assist was something the players have been working on. Wow, 18 months at the club a Jorginho pass at last comes to fruition. Either way, it was a great goal. The 2nd had a lovely delivery by Tammy threaded between keeper and defenders allowing the most intelligent of runs by Pulisic to grab our second of the game.

Yes as per normal, we created enough chances to put the game to bed in the first half, which the manager, again, was quick to point out. Too his credit, he again highlighted the sloppiness of the players fucking about with the ball from defence to midfield, so much so they allowed Mike Dean the chance to put Watford back in the game. All well and good the manager stating how much he enjoys seeing his two central midfielders keeping hold of the ball against teams who are both set up wrong as in Burnley last week and a team in Watford who had no life in them from the opening whistle. First half Watford had 11 behind the ball and the front two refusing to pressure any of our midfield only making contact once it got too Mount’s zone of the pitch. Easy to play in midfield when a team does that? You better believe it!

Greatful for the 3 points and happy we caught Watford at probably the most down since they returned to the EPL, but acknowledge the warning signs that proper teams\managers will set their sides up which will allow them to enjoy much more of the ball & take points off us.

Love Frank to bits, but I have been slightly taken aback to hear the manager reputation he currently has in the game. Plenty are saying he is “winging” it. Got lucky so many youngsters have floated from the word go. I have to say I think he has been suspect at times, no more than after we conceded yesterday and he promptly swapped Pulisic and CHO. What the fuck was that all about? His team had allowed Watford back into the game and he swaps flair for flair? I don’t think my voice could be heard by him at the time, but I fucking wish it could. Dumbass. Mins later he makes a more intelligent swap, but for F*** Sake Frank, management is not like painting by numbers.

If you have managed to get this far into my rant you can tell I was not a happy guy leaving the ground yesterday. Once I saw his interviews after the game he infuriated me again. Stop fucking telling me how pretty we look with the ball and you can’t moan at the players for the sloppiness caused they played so well. That’s shit management. Opposition are the bottom club and they almost stole a point cause of your team fucking about with the ball n not killing off currently the weakest team in the league. The poor habits his team are showing each weekend will cost us at some stage unless he rids us of them now.

I want to see more improvement from Frank and not have his family line up after the game to ask soft questions highlighting only the good of the performance.

Footnote.

Nizaar Kinsella confirming the word being said that Kante is unhappy. Leaving present from the former manager. For me, if we are going to continue to play him out of position, we may as well take the money and improve that position.

On 03/11/2019 at 00:38, Cicero said:

Because of Kovacic, we haven’t missed Kante. 

Biggest compliment I can give him. 

Agreed new player under Lampard, however with Kante returning don't see him starting. Frank could try playing Mateo and Kante to give Jorginho a rest as well.

11 hours ago, True Blue said:

Well fuck me very much, felt he did improve but those stats are insane.

Told you he was good! Looks like he just needed a bit of time to adjust to the league. Which isn't surprising as he made the move from Serie A football, so the football's played at a completely different pace.

I know our boy Georgie would pull through. Kinda nuts looking at this Chelsea team compared to what it was five years ago. Who'd have thought there'd be six players from the academy up and around the starting XI? That isn't even counting Gilmour and Christensen both of whom joined from other academies.

Strange ol game.

In a first half where their midfield dominated our "ball retaining" midfield duo gaining free kicks for fun n genially toying with us, Hakim Ziyech will not be at Ajax next season... OUTSTANDING, we turn it around in the 2nd thanks to an inspired managerial decision at Half time and a couple of, well one dodgy and one for sure sending off's. I discovered on the radio driving home they had one shot on goal in the first half and were 3-1 up!

Many thanks to those who have said this morning Frank must have at last heard me with his swapping Dave flanks. Obviously I hope this continues and it helps Dave return to who he once was. BlueandWine your point on James is valid and I would like to see that too.

Couple of points. Tammy is proving to be below average with his heading towards goal. If Kovacic could pass like Fabregas in the final third, we would double our clean cut chances a game. Pulisic goes forward both ways and should become a free kick\Penalty magnet.

The VAR ruling out the 5th goal killed the momentum we had at that time. We had Ajax by the bollocks & VAR helped them survive. I agree with you CFCMax, the decision being made by the actual game official is better than some guy in a room hundreds of miles away. The screen by the sideline is the way forward.

Crazy game, wonderful night (Made up for the league cup), BUT it all overshadows a first half where we were sussed and out played.

Again Frank with a smile on his face mentions our sloppiness after the game and our need to tighten up. Our next two opponents are both primed to take advantage of that.

Would you really expect this side to be anything other than sloppy in defence? Kurt Zouma was playing for Everton last season, Tomori has just come up from the Championship/academy...from what I've seen of Chelsea your best CB is Rudiger and he's played 1 game this season? Injured? And then Kante has been out injured as well...and then you've got about 6 players all around 21-22 and below?

I don't buy into the media frenzy surrounding Lampard, he could still flop as we've not seen what he can do with a transfer budget behind him but it seems the expectations that this team need to stop being sloppy are a bit high

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Would you really expect this side to be anything other than sloppy in defence? Kurt Zouma was playing for Everton last season, Tomori has just come up from the Championship/academy...from what I've seen of Chelsea your best CB is Rudiger and he's played 1 game this season? Injured? And then Kante has been out injured as well...and then you've got about 6 players all around 21-22 and below?

I don't buy into the media frenzy surrounding Lampard, he could still flop as we've not seen what he can do with a transfer budget behind him but it seems the expectations that this team need to stop being sloppy are a bit high

Think we will tighten the defense as time goes by and players get used to each other. We've played 18 games in all competitions this season, managed not to concede three times. Scored 42 goals and conceded 23 goals. If we can maintain to score a lot and concede less than that we should be okay. However with all the players back we should look more solid defending.

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think that it was obvious from pre-season that we would be struggling in defence so no it's not a surprise, I said back then and still believe now that it will be down to how many we can score that will determine results for us, failure to be clinical in the final third in games and we are going to struggle simply because we lack focus in defence and always concede so it's about outscoring the opposition which we do well on most occasions... 'Media Frenzy' is probably a strong way of putting it when you talk about Lampard, sure he gets a lot of attention but then so does Klopp and Guardiola for what they do and given it's Lampards first big test and he is putting out youngsters it shouldn't really be a surprise should it?? 

Long term nobody knows what's in store for him or how he goes about business in the transfer market once we get back in there and I am fairly sure things won't be rosy all the time for him either, I personally don't expect us to get much further in the CL for example as the Ajax game just shows our shortcomings against good attacking sides but it's a learning curve this season, If he did well and then they decided to give him a longer contract he could follow down the path of Solskjaer and have it all go down the toilet really quickly but who knows??? he could continue to perform at a reasonable level but since when has performing at a reasonable level ever secured a managers job at Chelsea??? 

Edited by Bluewolf

The feeling around the club with Lampard and the youth is something else, even the fans accept this as a good thing. However would they if we were losing all the time? I was all for Lampard, but had just one big issue. As soon as things go downwards and at some point they will our shit fans will be on his back. I can't accept that a man who gave his all for us will at some point perhaps be a scapegoat.

Just now, True Blue said:

The feeling around the club with Lampard and the youth is something else, even the fans accept this as a good thing. However would they if we were losing all the time? I was all for Lampard, but had just one big issue. As soon as things go downwards and at some point they will our shit fans will be on his back. I can't accept that a man who gave his all for us will at some point perhaps be a scapegoat.

Everyone I talk too has a positive outlook regarding the team currently and it has made a difference around the ground for sure but we need to remember that this youthful team has been forced on the club rather than it being natural development through the ranks, It's a cosy fit for both Club and Lampard at the moment who probably has no illusions about his position but in the long term it's anybody's guess what might happen, once the transfer ban ends will they stick with Lampard or will they try and get someone with more experience in the summer if the club don't achieve it's targets?? What then happens with the youth if they do bring someone else in?? will they go diving back in the market for more experienced players and will the youth once again be pushed to one side??   

It's possible that this season will be a one off or if you like a vision of what could be for the future of the club.. Chelsea are not known for their patience though are they