talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

That doesn't make a difference. Lukaku has already admitted that Everton is a stepping stone for his career, do you honestly think Everton can resign a player with that mentality?

Makes a difference when you're saying he's leaving for free next season. We're past the point of resigning, it's about getting the most money we can. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Have fun losing him on a free then. 

Not gonna happen. He'll leave this summer whether that be to Chelsea or elsewhere. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Makes a difference when you're saying he's leaving for free next season. We're past the point of resigning, it's about getting the most money we can. 

Not gonna happen. He'll leave this summer whether that be to Chelsea or elsewhere. 

Riiiight. What club desperately needs a 70mil striker? 

7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I look forward to seeing clubs lining up spending 70million on  Lukaku

Edited by Cicero

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

It's Chelsea or nobody in my eyes. Who else wants him?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I look forward to seeing clubs lining up spending 70million on  Lukaku

If Chelsea don't then some daft cunts like PSG will.

I'm not arguing for a second that Lukaku is worth £70 million but anyone who thinks that nobody will pay that price for a striker who has scored a lot of goals, tends to score "Match of the Day" goals, and constantly talks himself up in the media (see Pogba) is naive, and that's putting it lightly. If not £70 million then you're looking at £60 million.

Is he worth that much? No. Is anyone worth that much? Maybe Messi/Ronaldo. Is that just the way things are in football these days though? Yes, sadly it is. Lukaku will go for stupid money that he's not worth and he'll go this summer. If nobody will pay it then he'll just leave in January for £45 million or next summer for £30-35 million.

3 minutes ago, adziom said:

If Chelsea don't then some daft cunts like PSG will.

I'm not arguing for a second that Lukaku is worth £70 million but anyone who thinks that nobody will pay that price for a striker who has scored a lot of goals, tends to score "Match of the Day" goals, and constantly talks himself up in the media (see Pogba) is naive, and that's putting it lightly. If not £70 million then you're looking at £60 million.

Is he worth that much? No. Is anyone worth that much? Maybe Messi/Ronaldo. Is that just the way things are in football these days though? Yes, sadly it is. Lukaku will go for stupid money that he's not worth and he'll go this summer. If nobody will pay it then he'll just leave in January for £45 million or next summer for £30-35 million.

That is the most likely scenario or risk losing him on a free. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber

I still don't see it. There's too much money in football, too many clubs desperate to buy the right new player at almost any cost, and not enough common sense or patience. When managers get sacked for finishing 3rd when they should have won the league, there is no time for "well let's just wait it out for another year and get him at a sensible price next summer" because 90% of the time someone else will buy the player and the other 10% of the time if your results aren't perfect, not signing the player will be hung over your head.

I'd say there's absolutely zero chance that Lukaku leaves on a free in two years' time. Zero chance.

Two very important things on Lukaku.

One, when Everton get, some other daft "James Hunts" to use another's terminology, it becomes worthless when he says he only wants to sign for Chelsea. They can finger all they want to say we are not going to sign for less than the price offered, the power is with the player once down to 2 years contract.

The boy is as big a Chelsea fan as anyone of the Chelsea members to this board and set his heart on returning long before this season started.

Secondly, 70M being spouted Haha.... When sold to Everton Marina Granovskaia put in a % of any fee when he is sold on, as she did with Kevin De Bruyne which gave us a huge slice of the fee City paid for him. Some have said its close to 20% on Lukaku, although Id say it will be closer to 15%. Either way, it will be a huge saving on the deal.

Lastly, Everton played hard ball on John Stones, even with a transfer request from him and we decided against it and that has, up to now, been a huge Bullet dodged.

Chelsea 2017 have that ability to walk away in our armory. We didnt in the past & got burnt on a number of occasions.

Everton will need to box very clever.

8 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

The whole 26 minute thing was a bit cringeworthy. I'd love to see what Roy Keane makes of it.

Eh, it's between the players at the club. They thought it was a nice gesture towards the bloke, it really doesn't matter if anyone else didn't like it.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Eh, it's between the players at the club. They thought it was a nice gesture towards the bloke, it really doesn't matter if anyone else didn't like it.

There was always after the match, you know, during the celebration ceremony. Or even give him his own testimonial. Doing this during a competitive match is cringeworthy, its embarrassing, and its pisstake for the Sunderland fans who travelled all that way and spent all that money.

I expect Bournemouth to have a chariot now when Eddie Howe leaves them.

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

There was always after the match, you know, during the celebration ceremony. Or even give him his own testimonial. Doing this during a competitive match is cringeworthy, its embarrassing, and its pisstake for the Sunderland fans who travelled all that way and spent all that money.

I expect Bournemouth to have a chariot now when Eddie Howe leaves them.

I'm sure Sunderland fans have more to be upset about than that.