talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Just watched JT's goodbye. Agree or disagree the man has always been a top CB on every level. He would literally take a bullet before letting the ball get past him. One of the best CB's in england history on his day without a doubt. 

The worst thing about the whole 26 minute thing was that it was his idea, fair enough if someone else had suggested it but for him to admit it was his idea is rather egotistical to say the least.

That being said, he's obviously a legend and one of the best defenders to grace the Premier League.

22 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I laughed my tits off when John Terry thanked his wife, what about the other players wives?

Bridge wasn't married to that chick. He wasn't even in a relationship with her. 

30 minutes ago, Toony said:

The worst thing about the whole 26 minute thing was that it was his idea, fair enough if someone else had suggested it but for him to admit it was his idea is rather egotistical to say the least.

That being said, he's obviously a legend and one of the best defenders to grace the Premier League.

It was organised by the club as a surprise sending off for him.  The whole 'it was his idea' concept is twisting the truth, just as the Wayne Bridge's wife bollocks. 

Giggs on the other hand....

Wow we have actually given a PL Winners medal to literally every single one of our players, even those that made less than 5 PL appearances. 

Don't know how I feel about that as we have some young players in the squad that are twitter/instagram attention whores and by making them feel they accomplished something won't bold well for their mentality. Only young player that deserves one is Chalobah. 

Fuck sake even Kenedy got one. 

Edited by Cicero

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wow we have actually given a PL Winners medal to literally every single one of our players, even those that made less than 5 PL appearances. 

Don't know how I feel about that as we have some young players in the squad that are twitter/instagram attention whores and by making them feel they accomplished something won't bold well for their mentality. Only young player that deserves one is Chalobah. 

Fuck sake even Kenedy got one. 

It would be ultimate cruelty for someone to make 15 sub appearance in the season and total up twenty minutes in total game play time and receive a medal but another person that only played 20 minutes in the last game but scored the league winning goal to not receive a medal. xD 

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

We can dream.

Kante / Fabregas / Bakayoko / Chalobah

Hazard / Pedro / Sanchez / Willian 

Costa / Sanchez / Bats

Think it's best if we do away with Costa. Too much baggage. But other than that, that is what our board should be aiming to achieve. Along with another striker if we sell on Costa. 

Edited by Cicero

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Don't think we will need a massive summer, but i hope we make the right signings to strengthen key positions and find quality cover for the rest.

Need at least two or three upgrades in our starting XI for next year. CM, RWB, and RW Ideally. A ST too if Costa leaves. 

City and United will spend massively to fix their weaknesses. Liverpool will add quality in depth and sort out their back line as well as Spurs adding quality in depth. 

Reckon we need 6 signings in total, 3 of them being upgrades on the starting XI, to be ready for next season. 

• Upvote 1

This is a bugbear of mine with our club. Numerous times in the past we have won the league comfortably only to sit back on the players we had without really boosting the squad. Almost everytime there was a dip in form, be it commitment or lack of competition, we under performed.

I hope they invest in at least 5 new players, all of which are upgrades on the players already in the squad. I believe this is essential if we want to seriously be in contention for both the major two prizes next season. We can't afford any passengers and that includes youngsters. They need to find loan homes early.

To be fair to Conte, it seems like he is of the same mind and with his stock as high as it is with the owner just now, he may well get to build us a squad with top quality depth, something we havent seen at the club since the first 3 years of Roman.

---------------------------------

The news from China this last 24 hours does seem to illuminate Costa's change in status during interviews with Hispanic speaking media outlets where he has firmly talked down any move out East.

Not sure the club will be happy or sad?

• Subscriber

Costa is a great goalscorer but, for all the baggage, isn't all that. I genuinely think you'd be better off with Lukaku, who is absolutely too full of himself and unproven at the top level, and goes missing in matches where the side aren't on top, but in a Chelsea side dominating 9 matches out of 10 would absolutely fill his boots.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Costa is a great goalscorer but, for all the baggage, isn't all that. I genuinely think you'd be better off with Lukaku, who is absolutely too full of himself and unproven at the top level, and goes missing in matches where the side aren't on top, but in a Chelsea side dominating 9 matches out of 10 would absolutely fill his boots.

We're not spending 70 million on one player. 

I'm more than happy with Costa if he wants to be here, I think the 'baggage' part is overstated and it's easy for the media to play on the type of character he presents. His biggest problem is his technical ability which can worsen depending on what form he's in, if he's playing well and scoring goals his ability on the ball is not perfect (of course) but a lot better, it strikes me as mental thing with Diego to be honest. He also delivers a lot off the ball which can go unnoticed and it's a department he's much better in compared with some of the strikers we've been linked with.

There's no way I'd want us going in for Lukaku for that sort of money.

21 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I'm more than happy with Costa if he wants to be here, I think the 'baggage' part is overstated and it's easy for the media to play on the type of character he presents. His biggest problem is his technical ability which can worsen depending on what form he's in, if he's playing well and scoring goals his ability on the ball is not perfect (of course) but a lot better, it strikes me as mental thing with Diego to be honest. He also delivers a lot off the ball which can go unnoticed and it's a department he's much better in compared with some of the strikers we've been linked with.

There's no way I'd want us going in for Lukaku for that sort of money.

May be true, but his on the pitch antics are so unpredictable. Add that to not being a 2nd half season player. I'd only be adamant in keeping Costa if we add another lethal goalscorer IE Sanchez.