talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Timo Werner's clause has been activated by Chelsea like you all well know, however his clause expires on 15th June. We must sign him by before that date or RB can ask for a totally different price.

We will. Last I read we were trying to sort out precautions for his medical. 

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We are only in June you know?

You missed the point, the official release clause is told to be June 15th. I've said that i have been reading news lately that the clause is actually July 15th but nothing confirmed. So basically if the first official date is to be true we have now three days to make it official.

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tomorrow 

Werner signed a new RB Leipzig contract in August 2019, agreeing a new deal until the end of the 2022-23 season.

However, the Germany forward is not expected to see out the full duration of his RB Leipzig contract due to his €60 million release clause.

The release clause in Werner's contract is due to expire on June 15

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, True Blue said:

Werner signed a new RB Leipzig contract in August 2019, agreeing a new deal until the end of the 2022-23 season.

However, the Germany forward is not expected to see out the full duration of his RB Leipzig contract due to his €60 million release clause.

The release clause in Werner's contract is due to expire on June 15

He's been removed from RB's CL squad 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Kante included in the list of players we are looking to sell. 

Kante, Batshuayi, Barkley, Bakayoko, Rahman, Zappacosta, Moses, & Kenedy 

Pedro & Willian off for free. 

Weird that Kante is included. Is it just because of age?

Villa are poor but not as poor as our central defensive pair yesterday.

While exciting signings at the business end of the pitch points towards maybe a better percentage of chances finished, our defending is atrocious. Each time Rudiger plays the left side of the defence, its as thou he sulks and his performance suffers. Christensen has been much the same all season and I would have thought a decision will need to be made on his Chelsea future before long.

However, as bad those two were, someone else was far worse during his 5 mins on the pitch. Young James managed to lose the ball 3 times in the few mins he was on the pitch. PATHETIC!

The boys looked very fit and most did plenty of running so that was pleasing. A couple of questionable starting selections. Reuben Loftus-Cheek starting wide left? Not sure about that. Anyway, we managed to get away with it, more by the lack of decent opposition than anything we produced.

As someone that goes to most of the games live, when I am forced to watch my club on TV I have got into the habit over a number of years of switching the commentators off during the game. Lets face it they talk bollocks and we dont need them when sitting in the stands around the country. Anyone else miss the names of the Villa players on the back of their shirts? I can name two maybe three Villa players at a push and I found it very frustrating not being able to put a name to a players contribution.

Yesterdays result was one of the few times this season we have taken advantage of the teams around us dropping points. An advantage that may last only four days or so, but a welcome change all the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's two exciting signings so far with us continuing to be linked with a number of others. I am not a fan of the Leicester left back defensively & others linked to us in that position tend to be more eye catching going forward than what should be their Bread n Butter, defending. I think its very important while we are one of the few with cash on the hip, we make signings which instantly improve the team, which I feel sure both Hakim Ziyech & Timo Werner will do.