talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Chelsea get Haaland and they're on for the title.

Let’s be honest with their squad and the money they spend they should be on for it anyway 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd want a lot of fucking cash to go along with Tammy, if I were Dortmund. Not that Tammy is bad - but I do think he's miles worse than Haaland.

Depends. Bundesliga is a hard indicator of striker quality. Batshuayi managed to lookegood at Dortmund. Tammy would be a great addition for them as he a better goal scorer than the former. 

With so much money to spend again and a small Army to sell off, the rumours are filling up the Chelsea airwaves with new breaking news each day. One wonders how many will be taken in by the bullshit and i'm amazed Giroud contract extention as kept quite for so long.

Whatever happens it's nice to have the buzz of being Euro champs again. :ay:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gilmour off to Norwich on loan

Giroud off to Milan 3 million 

Moses off to Spartak 4 million

Willy released. 

Emerson wanted by Napoli but aren’t willing to meet the 20 million valuation we put on him. (Considering how Napoli fleeced us during the Sarri/Jorginho saga I’m glad the club put a premium on them). 

Zouma wanted by Everton and Roma. Player turned down Wolves. 

Bakayoko wanted by Milan on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Been fairly dead for us regards potential recruits this summer so far.. been linked with a few but nothing concrete.. 

Outgoings more important. Lots of players that need to be shifted and the only potential buyers are skint Italian clubs that only fuck about with loan deals. 

• 2 weeks later...

Because they are smartening up and want to start their careers vs the never ending loan system. 

Surprised most by Livarmento. Talented lad and thought he’d push for the RWB spot with James.  Even trained with the senior team last season since Tuchel’s appointment. 

He’s now training with the U16’s. Something must of happened. 

Edited by Cicero

We were quite strongly linked with that Sevilla defender with a surname starting with K.

I thought that looked an interesting potential acquisition as CB was one area we did not look too weak. Thought instead we were looking to strengthen, the chat is Zouma was meant to be part of the deal yet said he wanted to stay in the EPL. So now up in the air.

I'm hoping we get at least 2 new faces to keep the rest of the squad on their toes.

I find this talk of us having a top squad laughable, we have good coaches our players are a mixed bunch of age and skill. Some of the skill is very one dimensional.

I think the sad thing is that due to having money bags RA as owner we are consistently forced to pay top $.

Well he has had to get rid of his agent and have a couple of stay overs at 2nd n 3rd choice destinations, but it looks like Romelu will get to keep his word & rejoin us.

Those who follow the Italian league tell me he has become the complete CF. If he turns up and grabs the Nine shirt It would be a good sign, as he being a Chelsea fan will know all about its problems.

On 03/08/2021 at 21:44, Waylander said:

I find this talk of us having a top squad laughable, we have good coaches our players are a mixed bunch of age and skill. Some of the skill is very one dimensional.

Did you watch the Spurs game the other night?? 

I think we have a very capable squad with lots of talent.. We looked a world apart from Spurs in the first half of that game and we still had decent options off the bench and still had the likes of Mount/James and Jorginho who have not returned yet.. It was only after wholesale changes came that we lost all cohesion really, We still need that clinical finisher up front and I agree that some of the decision making going forward can leave a lot to be desired at times but I think we have a very talented squad that if focused could do well.. 

I think top 5 will be City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Leicester.. in no particular order