talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Did you watch the Spurs game the other night?? 

I think we have a very capable squad with lots of talent.. We looked a world apart from Spurs in the first half of that game and we still had decent options off the bench and still had the likes of Mount/James and Jorginho who have not returned yet.. It was only after wholesale changes came that we lost all cohesion really, We still need that clinical finisher up front and I agree that some of the decision making going forward can leave a lot to be desired at times but I think we have a very talented squad that if focused could do well.. 

I think top 5 will be City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Leicester.. in no particular order

2-0 and you fu…..

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Did you watch the Spurs game the other night?? 

I think we have a very capable squad with lots of talent.. We looked a world apart from Spurs in the first half of that game and we still had decent options off the bench and still had the likes of Mount/James and Jorginho who have not returned yet.. It was only after wholesale changes came that we lost all cohesion really, We still need that clinical finisher up front and I agree that some of the decision making going forward can leave a lot to be desired at times but I think we have a very talented squad that if focused could do well.. 

I think top 5 will be City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Leicester.. in no particular order

No missed it due to having family over.

Saw the highlights with Ziyech scoring both goals, one with great movement from Werner. Looked like Ziyech was playing further forward. 

I think we will be top 4 though will hold off placing until September. For me not just  about us more our competitors too.

Lukaku and Kounde will make me more confident of finishing  higher than last season.

On the face of it, a win is a win & when they hand you silverware after the game we should be happy. However the performance, pretty much the second half onwards, there was no indication the team has progressed as an attacking unit from last seasons Champions of Europe effort.

So the word is Thomas new toy is about to sign from Inter which we hope will finish off some of the numerous chances we waste most games. We are linked to one or two defenders as our second big money signing, but for me the bigger need is a central midfielder who can pass the ball forward with penetration. As much as Kante Jorginho & Kovacic retain the ball, none of them could buy a penetrating forward pass in tight games with a month of their wages.

It seems a couple of the media who only follow Chelsea for their outlets remarked the two teams looked very different as far as fitness. That would be a poor excuse for the club if we indeed went in to this game undercooked, however it would explain the drop off in the second half. I guess we better hope Palace are not razor sharp at the weekend.

Silva & Jorginho’s Hair? ~ WTF! :ay:

The talk of Jorginho winning this Ballon d'Or is laughable, I've seen some momentum built for his case on social media but it just confirms too much weight is put on what a player has won, with too much focus on collective trophies rather than individual performances. Don't get me wrong Jorginho had some decent games for Italy and during the Champions League but overall they aren't Ballon d'Or worthy, collective trophies should be worth something when taking into account the nominees but perhaps not to the extent they usually are.

Jorginho is an asset and can be useful, great on his day but overall for us so far he's generally inconsistent. Fabregas back when he joined us in 2014 would be a massive boost for this current team, exactly what this team misses.

Great start to the season continues, the Super League won and now our victory in our first league match.

Alonso continuing to impress with a neat free kick goal. 

Pulisic scores from the breakdown following a Mount cross.

Chalobah unmarked scores with a low drive on the edge of the right sided area to the bottom left of the goal.

A good start.

Palace will need to improve yet should not be judged on this outing as Chelsea played well.

I don't think we were as good as I've heard some people say, Palace didn't pressure us at all particularly in key areas and gave Jorginho and Kovacic the freedom of the pitch at times but got to be happy with three points in the opening game, with some players maybe still getting up to speed and with some players still to come back.

Pulisic was dreadful, goal aside, surprised he doesn't get more criticism. He's no better than Willian at times. 

Wonderful to get back inside Stamford Bridge after far too long away. I imagine the players found the atmosphere far better judging by the tempo compared to most of the behind closed doors fixtures of last season. There was more of an urgency for longer periods of the game that made it feel like we were far better than we actually were. Baring in mind how poor Palace were, it didn't take much to score 3. The truth of the matter is a team far more well oiled would have found the net more often than we did. As ever, a win is a win, best to accept the points and hope for better.

Better should come with the introduction of Lukaku. As I have said, I like the signing as I feel he will benefit all around him as well as get his fair share of goals. We continue to handicap ourselves by starting with the passenger and I hope the medical department find the answer to keeping Kante available far more often than the last two seasons appearances. Werner and Pulicic could well be battling out for just the one position from now on and while Werner does not score anywhere enough I believe there is far more to his game which should give him the nod. In saying that I have a sneaky suspicion Havertz will play much closer to Lukaku than most would expect. Whatever Thomas chooses, there are enough bodies to make competition tough for all.

Where the fuck has young Trevoh come from. The problem when young players are sent out on loan soon after turning 18 is I don't get to see there development on ChelseaTV. Known pretty much as Nathaniel's (Top player in academy at his age group) brother he was shipped off to Ipswich who tried to sign him full time (bit like Forest with John) Loan stints at Huddersfield n Orient followed. Now inserted into the starting 11 maybe he will save us a small fortune. Good luck to the feller.

I think it should be pointed out that With Tammy leaving for 34 million some are now claiming we will have raised the Lukaku fee from sales in this current window. If true our Marina has again proved herself as the first lady of Football.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think it should be pointed out that With Tammy leaving for 34 million some are now claiming we will have raised the Lukaku fee from sales in this current window. If true our Marina has again proved herself as the first lady of Football.

I have to admit she is excellent at laundering all that Russian mob money 🤑

Edited by Redcanuck
  • Haha 1

Jesus, have you heard about this shite from the 90s? It's appalling...

https://theathletic.com/2771877/2021/08/19/chelsea-coaches-punched-and-kicked-young-black-players-in-1990s/?amp

Here's some excerpts:

“Whilst attending (youth-team) training sessions,” Counsell writes, “Williams would single him (the claimant) out, and other young black players, by calling them such names as ‘cn’, ‘n***’, ‘darkie’, ‘w**’, ‘monkey’, ‘black bastard’, ‘jigaboo’, ‘mango muncher’, ‘midnight’ or ‘spear chucker’ in the presence and hearing of the other players, belittling and humiliating them in the eyes of their team-mates and other members of the coaching staff”.

On another occasion, the teenage apprentice was cleaning one of the professional players’ boots when Rix allegedly asked him whether he had “fucked any of our white birds” at the weekend. “Rix told him that if it was his daughter he would ‘lynch (his) black arse’,” Counsell writes. “The claimant, tired of the constant harassment, countered by joking that that may happen one day, at which (point) Rix lost his temper and poured a scalding cup of coffee over the claimant’s head, causing him to suffer minor burn injuries.”

If the claimant objected to his treatment, according to Counsell, he was told “Shut up, darkie” or was labelled a “moody cn" and told to "Fuck off back to Africa."  Williams would tell him he should either "sell drugs or rob old grannies" and had a habit of calling him "Richard Pryor", after the black American actor-comedian, as well as asking whether he had been on the "wacky backy" (marijuana).  Williams, it is alleged, would "regularly and forcefully slap the claimant around the head when he was carrying out such menial tasks as cleaning boots, folding kit and packing boot skips. Every morning Williams would greet the claimant with the words, 'Morning, cn' or 'Morning, n*****'.

It makes you wonder whether others at the club at the time (including... Hoddle, Gullet, the Italian guy who's name I forget) knew about these incidents.

Fun fact, Graham Rix is also a convicted nonce... and still managed to get work in football after the conviction!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

the Italian guy who's name I forget)

You mean Vialli??? 

None of that would surprise me.... fucking shocking the way players were treated back then, How some of them got through it all week in and week out I will never know... 

34 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You mean Vialli??? 

None of that would surprise me.... fucking shocking the way players were treated back then, How some of them got through it all week in and week out I will never know... 

Yeah, Vialli!

And yeah, I have no idea how anyone could put up with that kind of abuse daily. It's got to be horrible being treated like that by someone who's supposed to be guiding your fledgling career as a kid.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, Vialli!

And yeah, I have no idea how anyone could put up with that kind of abuse daily. It's got to be horrible being treated like that by someone who's supposed to be guiding your fledgling career as a kid.

Because it’s like high school, people just take it because they feel helpless and scared. Nobody that knows how to stand up to bullying/harassment suffers through it, and it isn’t always a simple solution. 

Arsenal Away

Wonderful weekend back in London for me with a nice performance resulting in 3 points and a small fortune in cash from bets with my Arsenal buddies.

First things first, I believe that's the weakest Arsenal team I have seen since Roman came to our club. I use Roman as the timescale as I believe he\us have contributed more than anything to the down turn in Football standing of the former Highbury club. I accept they have some other problems at the moment, but we have removed them from being the go to London club for the better footballers of the world.

For us, our latest arrival sure looked at home against Arsenal back four, bullying with ease n holding up the ball and passing back to a Blue shirt. He is super important to us ( His response to our singing to him at a corner in the 2nd half, he made plain his desire to let us know he is one of us, bashing and kissing the badge more than any new signing I can remember lol) and I feel sure there will be more games ahead where we feel more confident watching on as we add a second goal to our game tally through his goals and chances that fall off him. So often over the past seasons we have suffered watching us holding just a goal lead.

Two wins to open up the season against what must be said are very weak opposition. More difficult fixtures are sure to come, but we should feel positive with our progression and take heart in how the players are performing. They have an air of confidence about them we have seen is years gone by that left us with a huge smile on our faces come the dishing out of goodies come the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2021 at 11:03, The Liquidator said:

Arsenal Away

Wonderful weekend back in London for me with a nice performance resulting in 3 points and a small fortune in cash from bets with my Arsenal buddies.

First things first, I believe that's the weakest Arsenal team I have seen since Roman came to our club. I use Roman as the timescale as I believe he\us have contributed more than anything to the down turn in Football standing of the former Highbury club. I accept they have some other problems at the moment, but we have removed them from being the go to London club for the better footballers of the world.

For us, our latest arrival sure looked at home against Arsenal back four, bullying with ease n holding up the ball and passing back to a Blue shirt. He is super important to us ( His response to our singing to him at a corner in the 2nd half, he made plain his desire to let us know he is one of us, bashing and kissing the badge more than any new signing I can remember lol) and I feel sure there will be more games ahead where we feel more confident watching on as we add a second goal to our game tally through his goals and chances that fall off him. So often over the past seasons we have suffered watching us holding just a goal lead.

Two wins to open up the season against what must be said are very weak opposition. More difficult fixtures are sure to come, but we should feel positive with our progression and take heart in how the players are performing. They have an air of confidence about them we have seen is years gone by that left us with a huge smile on our faces come the dishing out of goodies come the end of the season.

Funny isn't, I agree with us knocking Arsenal off the pinnacle of London football though Spurs seem to take it more badly.

I watched on a stream and later on BBC MOTD and like you say a good rapport between Lukaku and the fans. A shame we could have not scored more and they also had the odd chance like the Holding chance from the corner. So cannot get complacent.

Liverpool likely to provide a greater challenge this w/e.

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2021 at 21:35, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jesus, have you heard about this shite from the 90s? It's appalling...

https://theathletic.com/2771877/2021/08/19/chelsea-coaches-punched-and-kicked-young-black-players-in-1990s/?amp

Here's some excerpts:

It makes you wonder whether others at the club at the time (including... Hoddle, Gullet, the Italian guy who's name I forget) knew about these incidents.

Fun fact, Graham Rix is also a convicted nonce... and still managed to get work in football after the conviction!

Shocking, obviously Chelsea have a strong far right history but it would be ignorant to think it was only them. I mean it was only recently Man City (I think?) scouts were stereotyping black kids as “BBQ” (big, black and quick).

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Shocking, obviously Chelsea have a strong far right history but it would be ignorant to think it was only them. I mean it was only recently Man City (I think?) scouts were stereotyping black kids as “BBQ” (big, black and quick).

There’s no way it was just them. It must have been commonplace for these dickheads to be so brazenly racist and abusive.