talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 03/11/2021 at 13:46, Waylander said:

Yes we are poor in the forward department.

Havertz seems technically our best CF yet he missed 2 or maybe even 3 yesterday though did contribute a pre-assist for the goal.

I think with Lukaku we have bought a counter-attacking striker and we won't be able to provide him with the required service with our posession based football (hope i am proved wrong).

It's great our WBs are creating with goals yet when the pressure is on and they are not scoring we will need a CF to make his presence known. 

A fair summing up of our current offerings

• Upvote 1

Away Malmo

I thought they were very physical & we done well to escape without a few injuries. I guess we wont be sure of that till the weekend. An ok result which leaves us from a result to qualify. I'll be going to the Juventus game. Fingers crossed for a better game.

-----------------------------------

Nice slice of news Trevoh Chalobah signs a new four-and-a-half year deal. I think we have all been impressed with him as his performances have been a wonderful suprise. I think I wrote here before, interesting the club pressed ahead with this contract over Christensen. Maybe he is next?

• Upvote 1

Trevoh Chalobah looked absolutely lost at times during his loan spells at Ipswich and Huddersfield. I get that he went to France and got good reviews but the transformation is still staggering. I know we all should have learned our lesson after Antonio Conte turned Victor Moses in to a world beater for a short period of time but its a fantastic example of what a World Class Manager can do with a raw talent in the right system.

• Upvote 4

On 04/11/2021 at 21:37, The Palace Fan said:

Trevoh Chalobah looked absolutely lost at times during his loan spells at Ipswich and Huddersfield. I get that he went to France and got good reviews but the transformation is still staggering. I know we all should have learned our lesson after Antonio Conte turned Victor Moses in to a world beater for a short period of time but its a fantastic example of what a World Class Manager can do with a raw talent in the right system.

I think you are being a little harsh on your club mate. If there were to be a poll on the players coming through our youth system over the past five years on who would make it to a regular first team squad member, Trevoh would barely have made the top 20. His brother on the other hand would have made top 5. It's just weird how some arrive and grasp their moment and others fall away and end up at lower levels. Your club should be praised in the way they kept after young Gallagher after he chose West Brom over you last season.

On an information note, how is Eberechi Eze doing?

Home Burnley

Horrible game to pay good money to watch. With all the possesion and sussing Burnley were as poor as normal, you just felt this was the game our inability to kill off inferiour sides would again bite us in the ass. I thought Havertz lead the line well with very little help from the 2 players directly behind him. Those two played narrow to allow space for our wing backs to roam forward. While that may look ok on paper, neither of the more central players had it in them to be matchwinners, or at least to lay on chances to others. They were the weak point of the team as well of the selection of 2 holding players. While Jorginho is playing better, he is no more than a passenger. Saturdays selection left us with more than one passenger which contributed to the loss of points.

East London bailed us out on Sunday, but the real problem gained 2 points with an impressive performance.

4 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think you are being a little harsh on your club mate. If there were to be a poll on the players coming through our youth system over the past five years on who would make it to a regular first team squad member, Trevoh would barely have made the top 20. His brother on the other hand would have made top 5. It's just weird how some arrive and grasp their moment and others fall away and end up at lower levels. Your club should be praised in the way they kept after young Gallagher after he chose West Brom over you last season.

On an information note, how is Eberechi Eze doing?

Eze is playing 60 minutes for the reserves now so hopefully we will see him before the half way point of the season.

It's going to be interesting to see where Patrick Vieira plays him. The initial theory was Gallagher would tuck back deeper so Eze could play as a 10 but Gallaghers press has been so effective I think he's become essential to the way we play. 

• Upvote 1

On 08/11/2021 at 19:37, The Palace Fan said:

Eze is playing 60 minutes for the reserves now so hopefully we will see him before the half way point of the season.

It's going to be interesting to see where Patrick Vieira plays him. The initial theory was Gallagher would tuck back deeper so Eze could play as a 10 but Gallaghers press has been so effective I think he's become essential to the way we play. 

I just hope he returns to the same health he had before the injury

• Upvote 1

So we have a little light shed on Christensens contract situation. Can't say I am surprised as I smelt a little warning smoke a while back and we must not forget his history before he signed his present deal where his father proved to be as helpful as CHO's. The way things are looking if we continue with 3 at the back next season we may well have 3 new names filling the positions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

So we have a little light shed on Christensens contract situation. Can't say I am surprised as I smelt a little warning smoke a while back and we must not forget his history before he signed his present deal where his father proved to be as helpful as CHO's. The way things are looking if we continue with 3 at the back next season we may well have 3 new names filling the positions.

Assuming they leave it will be interesting to see who comes in for them.

Christensen was linked previously with Barca though according to reports only have £10m to spend unless they sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Away Leicester, Watched via stream

On the face of it we performed well and offered little to our opposition in both half's for them to get any kind of foothold in the game. However, evaluating exactly how good we were is difficult because its hard to grade what we beat as they are playing like the old Leicester City.

I think Tigger sums it up well in his earlier post where said Leicesters players look like guys who have sussed the bloke talking to them at half time has his bags packed ready for a call elsewhere. As much as I enjoyed the game, I think I will hold fire until we have that kind of performance against someone in form.

I loved the way Havertz lead the line in the first half and I thought CH0 earned his wage cheque with an excellent offering. Yeah I agree with ChelseaTotty he did look fresh, like he stayed home while all others traveled the world for a couple of weeks burning energy earning caps for their countries haha. But must tip my Hat to him, he did play well.

Home Man Utd next, I hear we have appealed against Harry Maguire's sending off on Saturday.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Home Juventus CL ~ 4-0, even Timo scored

Top atmosphere Youth team inspired goalscorers in a good old fashioned tonkin of one of Europe major clubs. It's not often I leave Stamford Bridge feeling as content with my club as last night. It was an excellent performance all round  and while there will be those who feel the need to point out Juventus are below there normal standing, our youngsters maybe should have put more past them as our dominance was worthy of a wider margin.

Could list each of the players for their efforts, but yet again young James stood out as a guy playing at the very top of his game. The loss of his wing back partner Chilwell will hurt us more then most would imagine. That guy is proving to be as much as a Leicester bargain as Kante. Left wing back? I would say Chilwell does a very good impression of a false Nine!

Great night, well worth the ticket

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It looks like Havertz  is coming into his own a bit as a centre forward. I remember thinking he would be ideal as a Firmino-type striker and it looks like Tuchel likes him in that role.

Yes, I have enjoyed how his leading the line of late is looking. There is quite a dilemma among my fellow Chelsea fans what would be his best position. The answer probably isnt cast in Stone just yet, time will tell.