talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Home Leeds Utd PL

Played ok but the win can only be described as lucky. I sat in the ground marveling at the way Leeds set up and at the shift their players put in. They deserved at least a draw, but you have to feel for their fans for the two bonehead fouls that lead to penalty's. It was championship defending and destroyed what should have been an excellent day for them.

What can we say about our lot which hasn't already been noted of late? Has the managers fav system been sussed or is it the lack of personnel in key positions which is allowing opposition teams to handle us more easily?

This is where we go over what we have already suggested . The lack of Kante and Kovacic means we do not regain possession during games as much and our back three are exposed far more often to breakaways by teams set up that way. To be fair to the manager he pretty much said as much without mentioning names. I do like his honesty, but not his substitutions. The removal of Werner for Callum almost cost us the game. It was his weakness defending the ball which lead to their possession which gave them the 2nd goal. What pissed me more was his half hearted effort to try n win the ball back. He is going backwards while Gallagher continues to see his stock rise at Palace.

Credit to Jorginho for keeping his nerve. I am still to find a Chelsea fan who states they were 100% sure he would either spot kick. Still he did it so huge slap on the back to him.

Back to London Thursday, look forward to catching up with you all then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Home Leeds Utd PL

Played ok but the win can only be described as lucky. I sat in the ground marveling at the way Leeds set up and at the shift their players put in. They deserved at least a draw, but you have to feel for their fans for the two bonehead fouls that lead to penalty's. It was championship defending and destroyed what should have been an excellent day for them.

What can we say about our lot which hasn't already been noted of late? Has the managers fav system been sussed or is it the lack of personnel in key positions which is allowing opposition teams to handle us more easily?

This is where we go over what we have already suggested . The lack of Kante and Kovacic means we do not regain possession during games as much and our back three are exposed far more often to breakaways by teams set up that way. To be fair to the manager he pretty much said as much without mentioning names. I do like his honesty, but not his substitutions. The removal of Werner for Callum almost cost us the game. It was his weakness defending the ball which lead to their possession which gave them the 2nd goal. What pissed me more was his half hearted effort to try n win the ball back. He is going backwards while Gallagher continues to see his stock rise at Palace.

Credit to Jorginho for keeping his nerve. I am still to find a Chelsea fan who states they were 100% sure he would either spot kick. Still he did it so huge slap on the back to him.

Back to London Thursday, look forward to catching up with you all then.

My work colleague is a Chelsea STH in the Shed and said we were one of the best set of fans to come down for a while.

Not that it's any crumb of comfort.

But we did play well and we should have won. Missing some big players and yet Bielsa didn't bat an eye lid. He said we'd be competitive still and he was right. Gameplan almost worked to a tee.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Any links to the articles?

https://football-italia.net/lukaku-expresses-chelsea-regrets-and-inter-reunion-hopes/

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Reminds me of Pogba, he uses the media to his advantage. 

Clearly something has happened behind the scenes.

This is the same guy who thought competing against a prime Diego Costa was beneath him. We all knew this would happen when it was already evident we are a better team with Havertz as CF. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's the inside view on Tuchel? Seems mad to me but managers are quickly under pressure at Chelsea.

I think his interview after the Brighton game is showing he is under a bit of stress now.... Since we started dropping points and performances have dipped the feel good vibe has all but gone now.. I even think Klopp is feeling it a bit as well hearing him speak especially given how City are just rolling on regardless but the difference being is that Liverpool won't chop Klopp unlike Abramovich who slices and dices Managers like a Master Chef finalist.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's the inside view on Tuchel? Seems mad to me but managers are quickly under pressure at Chelsea. He is rumoured to be somewhat difficult at times, but I wouldn't be sacrificing him for Lukaku.

I think he is like Conte and Mourinho in the sense that he doesn’t compromise with the board and will not stay around if he feels like he doesn’t get what he demands. But I guess that is all good managers, incredibly demanding of the players and the club. It isn’t like legends like  Clough and Fergie didn’t have their moments of conflict.

Lukaku isn’t a silly man, he probably doesn’t care if he is at Inter or Chelsea as long as he keeps getting more $£€ and trophies. 

19 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's the inside view on Tuchel? Seems mad to me but managers are quickly under pressure at Chelsea. He is rumoured to be somewhat difficult at times, but I wouldn't be sacrificing him for Lukaku.

There was a youtube video that said he can be a difficult person. I haven't seen it though so cant comment. Chelsea are still in second though it's hardly a crisis 

What has lukaku's form been like for Chelsea? Has he been injured alot or just not got in the squad? I've got to admit I was a bit surprised such a big deal was made out of him coming to Chelsea. Seria a is a long way of the quality of the premier league 

Let's get this straight.

First, we can bash Lukaku all we want, but Tuchel isn't innocent in any of this. We all knew the kind of profile Lukaku was as a footballer, along with the risks and baggage he carried. From what's been said, Tuchel pushed for this move. And considering the Lampard & Neville interview, the Chelsea Manager has full say on whether or not a player is purchased at the club. So this myth that the club are buying players the manager doesn't want can be rightfully tossed out the window. 

Second, why is Tuchel bringing in a striker he doesn't know how to utilise? Was this a desperate signing to relieve pressure off himself  by adding a goal scorer or is this a calculated long term move in order to build the team around him? And if so, a question needs to be asked. Why are we sacrificing a system that won us the Champions League in favor of a system that gets the best out of a player as limited as Lukaku? For which ever reason he was purchased it does not give much long term confidence with Tuchel on how he handles the market when instead of waiting for the right signing, he goes for the wrong one. This type of thinking is what held us back under Conte when we had that disastrous 2017 summer window. 

Third, this unprofessionalism from Lukaku should of been expected. He's done it his entire career. He complained to the media in 2012 of his lack of playing time when it was clear he was still very raw. He complained to the media in 2015 when he thought competing against a prime Diego Costa was beneath him. He complained to the media in 2019 when Ole benched him considering he was overweight and offered United nothing. He complained to the media in 2020 when Conte benched him for two games. He shows no loyalty where ever he is so the fact he suckered so many Chelsea fans with this move is laughable. Bloke kissed the badge where ever he went and is quick to burn bridges with the club and fans considering it's now second nature to him. It was evident we were a much more fluid team with Havertz on the pitch, so the question was when, not if, Lukaku would start talking to the media again, as I am 100% sure this is what it all boils down to. I'm glad after this interview the Inter fans still reject him.

Fourth, with all this said, I still hope the club remain patient with Tuchel. He has already done enough to show we can trust him and his football. He could genuinely be the long term manager we need and I pray he learns as he goes. 

When even Di Canio is hitting the nail on the head...

https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2022/di-canio-slams-chelseas-lukaku-he-complains-at-the-first-difficulties/

“There are various aspects to consider in this interview: the character, the contradictions, the moment, the lack of awareness of what you are saying and at what levels. Then, there’s the weakness of an athlete who gives up after six months because perhaps he arrived there with an arrogance due to the fact that he does not realize the size and the levels.

He won the Scudetto in Italy as a co-star with his teammates, but he is not a Messi or a player like that. With Zapata, Inter would have won anyway. He’s a functional player who did his duty.”

As one source explained to The Athletic: “I was speaking to one of the players and asked him if anyone was sticking up for Lukaku. He said no. None of them can believe he’s done it.”

Noticeably Tuchel appears to have the backing of the squad for how he dealt with Lukaku. He decided to confer with five or six senior players before making a final decision to omit Lukaku from the Liverpool game. It is believed that Jorginho, Cesar Azpilicueta, N’Golo Kante and Antonio Rudiger were among those consulted.

Asked why he felt the need to discuss it with squad members, he replied: “I don’t take decisions in the office or around my thoughts. I take decisions for the team and I listen to them. I hear their opinion, what they think and then I make my decisions once I hear them out. It is their club, their team and it is not a personal thing from me to decide only on my thoughts.

“We have a squad who we protect, which is strong in belief and behaviours. We want a clearer understanding of the situation and take a decision on a bigger foundation.”