talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Stan said:

What?

I know they've been great for Leicester... but they're really not great people. The ultra-rich are usually corrupt arseholes, so you should sort of expect billionaires to be twats. But yeah, like @Spike said... your owners have some appalling political stances in Thailand and they're a powerful family in a country where corruption is brazen.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Waylander said:

They were in Thai politics before football.

I know. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

One of the richest most powerful familes in a nation know for being corrupt taking advantage of the citizens? Surely not. xD Mate your owners literally support a military-state party.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know they've been great for Leicester... but they're really not great people. The ultra-rich are usually corrupt arseholes, so you should sort of expect billionaires to be twats. But yeah, like @Spike said... your owners have some appalling political stances in Thailand and they're a powerful family in a country where corruption brazen.

I know - what Waylander says wasn't exactly clear. 

All this stuff came up about Abramovich being a corrupt bastard a couple of years ago and nothing happened. Can't see anything happening now.

The Russia/Ukraine situation doesn't really change whatever's going on with this, allegedly, corrupt and illegal settlement funding prick.

10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

All this stuff came up about Abramovich being a corrupt bastard a couple of years ago and nothing happened. Can't see anything happening now.

The Russia/Ukraine situation doesn't really change whatever's going on with this, allegedly, corrupt and illegal settlement funding prick.

More like 30 years ago lol. He is an oligarch that survived post-Yeltsin 

47 minutes ago, Spike said:

More like 30 years ago lol. He is an oligarch that survived post-Yeltsin 

I'm talking about when they wouldn't give him a new visa so he just went and got an Israeli passport and then later on became a Portuguese citizen and that was the end of that.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I know - what Waylander says wasn't exactly clear. 

Well I read something a few years back.

Wiki now has more, the family was business was granted a state monopoly to run certain businesses and paid only 3% tax when they should have been paying 15%. Courts got involved  yet never  got settled as they came to UK and bought Leicester.

In the meanwhile govt changes and coups and as Spike says they are partly funding para-militaries political groups in Thailand and so it is all a bit murky and looking very unsavoury.

The following statement has
been published.…

During my nearly 20-year ownership of
Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today,
as well as build for the future, while also
playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club's best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.
I believe that currently they are in the best
position to look after the interests of the Club. players, staff, and fans.

• Upvote 1

Roman Abramovich has dramatically relinquished the running of Chelsea in an attempt to distance the club from the controversy surrounding him as a result of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and calls for him to be sanctioned.

Abramovich will remain as Chelsea’s owner and, providing he is not sanctioned, can still invest money into the club, but he has handed the running and decision making to the trustees of the club's charitable foundation, which is headed by Bruce Buck.

In his statement to announce the change, Abramovich made no mention of the war in Ukraine and did not condemn the actions of Russia president Vladimir Putin, which could lead to more calls for him to face sanctions.

Other than Buck, the trustees include manager of Chelsea women, Emma Hayes, chief executive ofKick It Out Piara Power, along with Paul Ramos,John Devine and Sir Hugh Robertson.

Chelsea remain insistent that the club is not and will not be for sale, but the move is likely toencourage interested groups and individuals to test Abramovich’s resolve with takeover bids.

Football decisions, such as transfers, player contracts and the future of head coach Thomas Tuchel will be the responsibility of director Marina Granovskaia and technical and performance advisor Petr Cech. Neither Granovskaia nor Cech are among the trustees.

Chelsea insist that Abramovich’s decision to step back has not been made in an attempt to avoid sanctions, but instead to protect the club at a time when it was in danger of suffering reputational and strategic damage.

In a statement, Abramovich said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the club, players, staff, and fans."

@Cicero I think this could be a major thing for Chelsea. Obviously Chelsea's stock has increase so much under Abramovich even without him they would he able to compete financially. However having an owner that cares about the club is very important. Sometimes its not just the money its the way the club is run as well.

On 24/02/2022 at 20:29, 6666 said:

he brings money into the UK, some slap on the wrist coming.   if they freeze him out then Chelsea will not exist with a 1.5bn debt owed to him

This announcement doesn't change much at this point in time as he has not been as directly involved in the clubs day to day running for the past year at least but if they sanction him directly then it will... The club has been working on achieving financial stability for some years now taking us away from that need to keep having his money pumped into the club so we will be somewhere close to that goal I should imagine.. 

9 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Will this satisfy sanctions? As in make Chelsea England's Gucci handbags? :ph34r:

I hate the geopolitical grandstanding.   people in the west promote right to autonomy but dictate how others must opporate.    

you can see with our take over how woman's rights activists attacked it yet nobody says anything about UAE owned Man City a strict Sharia state or Leicester being owned by Chinese.   

admittedly oppression is bad regardless however it has been customs for millenia in Arab states that woman exercise less power.   As a south African and customary law is entrenched in partriachy and has never been a problem for a millenia until someone needs virtue points

6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

if they freeze him out then Chelsea will not exist with a 1.5bn debt owed to him

He is looking at damage limitation at the moment given the atmosphere surrounding anything Russian but if the worst comes to the worst the club has other buyers that could be interested in taking over... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

He is looking at damage limitation at the moment given the atmosphere surrounding anything Russian but if the worst comes to the worst the club has other buyers that could be interested in taking over... 

Chelsea is not easy to sell, your success in the last 20 years make you a high value commoditee

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I hate the geopolitical grandstanding.   people in the west promote right to autonomy but dictate how others must opporate.    

you can see with our take over how woman's rights activists attacked it yet nobody says anything about UAE owned Man City a strict Sharia state or Leicester being owned by Chinese.   

admittedly oppression is bad regardless however it has been customs for millenia in Arab states that woman exercise less power.   As a south African and customary law is entrenched in partriachy and has never been a problem for a millenia until someone needs virtue points

We're owned by Chinese? 

• Administrator

Saw on Twitter that Chelsea has made a statement. This is all it is xD

The situation in Ukraine is horrific and devastating. Chelsea FC’s thoughts are with everyone in Ukraine. Everyone at the club is praying for peace.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Saw on Twitter that Chelsea has made a statement. This is all it is xD

I KNOW THAT CHELSEA FC HAS BEEN BUILT USING RUSSIAN OIL BY ME, ONE OF THE MOST CORRUPT RUSSIANS ON EARTH BUT....The situation in Ukraine is horrific and devastating. Chelsea FC’s thoughts are with everyone in Ukraine. Everyone at the club is totally brainwashed and don't really care that we are cheats only comparable with Manchester City.

Fixed!

Edited by LFCMadLad