talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 28/05/2023 at 14:44, Cicero said:

Interested to hear what @Storts thinks about this appointment?? He was quite popular with Spurs fans I believe but at the time of his departure didn't you say the time was right for him to move on as you felt he had taken the club as far as he could??? 

Edited by Bluewolf

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Mental at the thought 13 years ago we thought McEachran and Mellis would be the future of the club. 

It’s not that strange. Every single club does it, sometimes things don’t work out unfortunately. They could probably have been great players but personality issues and lack of ambition in this case probably played a part. 

I wonder if Casadei will be given a role this season. His development this past year has been impressive. 

- Dominated PL2

- Impressed with Reading in the Championship and won April/May POTM. 

- Leading goal scorer at the U20 World Cup with Italy. 

Could definitely benefit from another loan though. 

• Subscriber

R.I.P. John

John Hollins: Former Chelsea player and boss dies aged 76

Former Chelsea player and manager John Hollins has died aged 76, the club has announced.

Hollins made almost 600 appearances as a player for the club, scoring 64 times during his two spells at Stamford Bridge between 1963 and 1984.

He was appointed as manager in 1985, a position he held for three years.

"He was a hero to the fans of this club, and very much that to me," Chelsea board member Daniel Finkelstein said.........

Hmm, could of sworn this was already discussed last summer during the takeover. 

PIF have investments in several private equity firms not just Clearlake, of which they have less than a 5% stake in each one. Their stake in Clearlake is reported to be only 1.5%, of which the Premier League sufficiently investigated (during Newcastle/Chelsea purchase) that PIF's assets were outside of Clearlake's portfolio that included Chelsea Football Club's purchase. 

Edited by Cicero