Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

League A - Group A2 Fixtures - 5-8th September 2020

UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE - LEAGUE A

all kick-offs 19.45 (BST) unless stated

Group A2
Saturday 5th September, 2020
Iceland vs England, 17.00
Denmark vs Belgium

Tuesday 8th September, 2020
Belgium vs Iceland
Denmark vs England

32 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Iceland? Can't even point to it on a map. Easy 3-0 victory, lads! :England:

I had no idea you were American?

Thought this game was being played in a Greek Jail yard?

This game and the Portugal vs Croatia are being broadcast on free tv in the US on ABC.  Guess the monster truck was cancelled today.

Pickford, Walker, Trippier, Rice, Gomez, Dier, Sterling, Ward-Prowse, Sancho, Kane, Foden. 

Not the side I’d have gone with personally. 

I dunno, looks like a strong line up to me, unless you think he should be giving chances to guys like Grealish and Rashford.

16 minutes ago, binder said:

I dunno, looks like a strong line up to me, unless you think he should be giving chances to guys like Grealish and Rashford.

Rashford the injured fella? Nah. 

The defence is fucking woeful. I wouldn’t have started Pickford, Walker, Tripper or Dier. 

Surprised with the fullback choices, but tbh probably better for us if Trent doesn’t play

They are playing Iceland, they dont need defenders, this should be an easy win.

This game looks and feels like an amateur friendly.  

This has to be the most shit match with 2 red cards I’ve ever seen. All the England attackers should be embarrassed tbh

He ballooned that penalty! England should win this now.

I can not believe Iceland exposed themselves to so much Covid for this, terrible match of the lowest quality.  I suppose you can say Iceland defended well, if you want to be kind.

• Haha 1

England were awful. Half expected it but it was really poor. Southgate lucky again.

Watched Denmark v Belgium with interest, four Leicester players, Tielemans the man of the match by a distance, he was fantastic.

3 hours ago, shut up said:

Southgate is muck

Had a decent World Cup but largely a beneficiary of a very lucky draw. I think he'll be out of the job this time next year.

Bloody hell, I hate football fans. One laboured performance against Iceland after getting the players back a few days before the game having had them sat on the beaches of Dubai for a couple of weeks before and Southgate is now crap. My word, we’ve (fans as a collective) become worse than the owners we spend so much time deriding when it comes to time given to a football manager.

Iceland’s competitive results at home are very good. They’ve only lost to France, Belgium, Switzerland and now England in a competitive game in Iceland since 2013. Going there given the circumstances of the match and not being together as an England squad since November 2019 and injuries and unavailability of Henderson, Chilwell, Rashford and Maguire, four people, who, it fit, would have had a very good chance of starting, and getting a result is a good day out for England. 

But hey, we didn’t smash them 6-0 and Southgate must go for it. 

• Upvote 1

Your post is most reactionary than mine.