Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

League A - Group A4 Fixtures - 3-6th September, 2020

UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE - LEAGUE A

all kick-offs 19.45 (BST) unless stated

Group A4
Thursday 3rd September, 2020
Germany vs Spain
Ukraine vs Switzerland

Sunday 6th September, 2020
Spain vs Ukraine
Switzerland vs Germany

Germany and Switzerland I think will win today. 

Certainly some surprises here...Glad Trapp gets the start, and it'll be good to see Draxler again. 

Idont know why JLow keeps giving Can so many chances.

The game in Kanada is on UEFA tv, which I am watching for the first time, free and legal.  See what happens when the actual game is on?

Ramos still starts for Spain. 

Bloke is a legend.

I really don't give a shit about football at the moment. But I'll watch it on the side. Meh. 

So far so good with UEFA tv.  My initial thought is how many "older" guys starting for Spain.

Why on earth is Rudiger starting let alone called up?

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why on earth is Rudiger starting let alone called up?

I was hoping for a Sule and Ginter combo., but we shall see. 

it took almost 13 minutes for Can to do something stupid.  I guess he is becoming more dependable.

Trapp almost made the headlines there...what a shaky start for him. 

been a poor game,  no goals, bad passing, bad shooting bad decision making,poor running off the ball, and it is both teams doing it

10 minutes ago, binder said:

been a poor game,  no goals, bad passing, bad shooting bad decision making,poor running off the ball, and it is both teams doing it

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I watched Atlanta United play Inter Miami, and go 30 minutes with no shots on goal and barely any balls in the 18 yard box, so this is brilliant! 

Sane has shown some great moments, and some questionable ones. I'm not sure why he doesn't attack the 1-on-1 opportunities more often, as he has the ability to win that battle almost every time. 

Trapp and Can have been poor. Trapp has made some shaky plays, and Can looks to be getting exposed, so maybe subbing of Can will happen soon so that Germany don't have to worry about that concern. 

Always have loved Draxler, so it's good to seem him playing. He's looked alright, but hasn't had a ton of chances to make a real impact. 

I certainly would say that Germany has had the much better chances (except for that one howler from Trapp) and are slightly unfortunate to not be up 1-0. 

Wow, Ansu Fati has come on for Spain :o

Werner scores to make it 1-0 Germany. What a classic Timo finish for him. 

Also, Trapp is going to drive me mad in this game, what is he doing...? He has been on the verge gifting Spain a goal too many times tonight. 

Timo Werner is utter trash. Wasted a million chances this game. 

NO REFUNDS.

Sane had a terrible 2nd half, too.

10 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Timo Werner is utter trash. Wasted a million chances this game. 

NO REFUNDS.

Sane had a terrible 2nd half, too.

Completely disagree about him being utter trash, he's certainly missed some chances, but that was a good goal that he scored. 

Sane should have been a bit more selfish, but he did fine, considering this was his first game in a year.  Werner did quite well to create the space and finish the goal.

To be fair to Trapp he was put in a lot of situations due to poor back passes from his defenders.

Another game where Germany can't hold onto a 1-0 lead...

Unreal. 

Ref d. Orsato still seething that Germany knocked Italy out the last Euros keeps adding time till spain score and """""""fails"""""""" to spot the offside.

Interesting. :35_thinking:

It was a good win for Ukraine over Switzerland tonight, they have now gone 10 games undefeated. Zinchenko scored a beautiful winner and their team is looking on form right now.

6 hours ago, Eco said:

I was hoping for a Sule and Ginter combo., but we shall see. 

Ahem....Löw explicitly said he'd rest the Bayern players.

Ref let extra time play too long.  Still even with that this is like the 3 game (Holland France now Spain) where a lead is given up by opposition  have hit back late against Germany. 
they also squandered a lot of chances as other posters noted. 
still waiting for the First Nations league win. To be fair they played top teams.  (No iceland or Poland)

i felt as though the forwards should have pressured de gea whenever he had the ball at his feet   He would be good to make a blunder 

wonder when the patience with löw is going to last???  Think it should’ve been done 2 years ago ....if not earlier 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Certainly some surprises here...Glad Trapp gets the start, and it'll be good to see Draxler again. 

I’m not familiar with the Spanish squad. Do you think they fielded their A squad today?

4 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Ref d. Orsato still seething that Germany knocked Italy out the last Euros keeps adding time till spain score and """""""fails"""""""" to spot the offside.

Interesting. :35_thinking:

Saw the replay. Was no offside on the Spain goal cuz a German player slid trying to block the cross and was behind the goal line when the goal was scored. 
I do agree with the added time though. Dunno why more than the injury time was given

35 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I’m not familiar with the Spanish squad. Do you think they fielded their A squad today?

No way - despite the manager saying that if the WC or Euros started tomorrow, that he would field the same team, this was not their A team. 

I'd also say that there is a troubling trend with the German NT in which they go ahead and then quit playing the possession/free style, but instead bring back another defender, and almost park the bus. I'd say that Germany were clearly the better team UNTIL they went up, Sane went off injured, and the the bus was officially parked. 

11 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Saw the replay. Was no offside on the Spain goal cuz a German player slid trying to block the cross and was behind the goal line when the goal was scored. 
I do agree with the added time though. Dunno why more than the injury time was given

You're right. They changed the rule. Players outside the field used to be ignored. I don't get why they did that. Often players use their momentum to push a player towards the ad boards. The rule change will incentivise this cunt move even more.