talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League A - Group A4 Fixtures - 3-6th September, 2020

football forum

Ref let extra time play too long.  Still even with that this is like the 3 game (Holland France now Spain) where a lead is given up by opposition  have hit back late against Germany. 
they also squandered a lot of chances as other posters noted. 
still waiting for the First Nations league win. To be fair they played top teams.  (No iceland or Poland)

i felt as though the forwards should have pressured de gea whenever he had the ball at his feet   He would be good to make a blunder 

wonder when the patience with löw is going to last???  Think it should’ve been done 2 years ago ....if not earlier 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Ref d. Orsato still seething that Germany knocked Italy out the last Euros keeps adding time till spain score and """""""fails"""""""" to spot the offside.

Interesting. :35_thinking:

Saw the replay. Was no offside on the Spain goal cuz a German player slid trying to block the cross and was behind the goal line when the goal was scored. 
I do agree with the added time though. Dunno why more than the injury time was given

35 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I’m not familiar with the Spanish squad. Do you think they fielded their A squad today?

No way - despite the manager saying that if the WC or Euros started tomorrow, that he would field the same team, this was not their A team. 

I'd also say that there is a troubling trend with the German NT in which they go ahead and then quit playing the possession/free style, but instead bring back another defender, and almost park the bus. I'd say that Germany were clearly the better team UNTIL they went up, Sane went off injured, and the the bus was officially parked. 

11 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Saw the replay. Was no offside on the Spain goal cuz a German player slid trying to block the cross and was behind the goal line when the goal was scored. 
I do agree with the added time though. Dunno why more than the injury time was given

You're right. They changed the rule. Players outside the field used to be ignored. I don't get why they did that. Often players use their momentum to push a player towards the ad boards. The rule change will incentivise this cunt move even more.

19 hours ago, Eco said:

No way - despite the manager saying that if the WC or Euros started tomorrow, that he would field the same team, this was not their A team. 

I'd also say that there is a troubling trend with the German NT in which they go ahead and then quit playing the possession/free style, but instead bring back another defender, and almost park the bus. I'd say that Germany were clearly the better team UNTIL they went up, Sane went off injured, and the the bus was officially parked. 

Agree with the bad trend. 
bright side is a getting a draw against a higher rank squad. A couple of years ago would have spelt sure defeat. 
I know Spain is rebuilding as well but they are/were not in the same crisis as Germany following 2018 World Cup 

• Administrator

Germany 1-0 up away at Switzerland. Gundogan scoring.

Spain making light work of Ukraine. 3-0 before HT. Ramos with a brace; Ansu Fati with the 3rd. Fati won the penalty for Ramos' first.

Ansu Fati and Ramos have been excellent for Spain in this first half so far. Ukraine have not played well. They are clearly missing their ball winner Stepanenko who is injured. But the surprising thing is that Shevchenko has decided to have Ukraine play in a 4-3-3 formation, instead of the 4-5-1 formation that they usually play and that has served them well. The debutant Kharatin has looked out of his depth in midfield. Certainly facing Spain is a huge step up for him, compared to the level of football that he is used to playing against in the Hungarian league.

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Ansu Fati and Ramos have been excellent for Spain in this first half so far. Ukraine have not played well. They are clearly missing their ball winner Stepanenko who is injured. But the surprising thing is that Shevchenko has decided to have Ukraine play in a 4-3-3 formation, instead of the 4-5-1 formation that they usually play and that has served them well. The debutant Kharatin has looked out of his depth in midfield. Certainly facing Spain is a huge step up for him, compared to the level of football that he is used to playing against in the Hungarian league.

Yet Ansu will be on the bench next season for someone like Griezmann on the basis that Griezmann cost 100 mil. Fati did more for Spain last night than Griezmann has in 12 months and Puig did more in 3 months than Arthur in 3 years, but Pjanic will start or someone else who is over the hill.

Barcelona need to go back to what works. Millions and millions spent on crap when there is a proven youth academy there to be utilised.

On 07/09/2020 at 12:06, The Käiser said:

Is sane injured? Why did he come off at halftime?

if löw Really wants to be experimental and give young players a chance he should’ve served in Waldschmidt 

I think Sane was injured, he did not look very good, not sure he ever has for Germany?

I   cant say for sure, but I get the feeling JLow is no longer interested in this job and it is just the DFB that are trying to keep him because they are waiting for Klopp,Flick,Nagelsmann or Tuchel to become available.  The whole episode of cutting Hummels and Muller was weird.

I have always looked at the Nations League thing as glorified friendlies, that are important to the lower level teams as they have a back door way to qualify for Euro Cups-and now World Cups apparently, so I wont make a big deal about results.  Having said that, almost every game I watched, at least from the A group was terrible. I thought Germany v Spain was bad, but this was worse, at least from a German perspective, as mentioned, Swiss shoulda and coulda won.

3 hours ago, binder said:

I think Sane was injured, he did not look very good, not sure he ever has for Germany?

I   cant say for sure, but I get the feeling JLow is no longer interested in this job and it is just the DFB that are trying to keep him because they are waiting for Klopp,Flick,Nagelsmann or Tuchel to become available.  The whole episode of cutting Hummels and Muller was weird.

I have always looked at the Nations League thing as glorified friendlies, that are important to the lower level teams as they have a back door way to qualify for Euro Cups-and now World Cups apparently, so I wont make a big deal about results.  Having said that, almost every game I watched, at least from the A group was terrible. I thought Germany v Spain was bad, but this was worse, at least from a German perspective, as mentioned, Swiss shoulda and coulda won.

Löw will probably be used as a scapegoat for euro 2021 failure. I hope. What’s the term on his contract?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived