• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

League A - Group A4 Fixtures - 3-6th September, 2020

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Eco said:

No way - despite the manager saying that if the WC or Euros started tomorrow, that he would field the same team, this was not their A team. 

I'd also say that there is a troubling trend with the German NT in which they go ahead and then quit playing the possession/free style, but instead bring back another defender, and almost park the bus. I'd say that Germany were clearly the better team UNTIL they went up, Sane went off injured, and the the bus was officially parked. 

Agree with the bad trend. 
bright side is a getting a draw against a higher rank squad. A couple of years ago would have spelt sure defeat. 
I know Spain is rebuilding as well but they are/were not in the same crisis as Germany following 2018 World Cup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany 1-0 up away at Switzerland. Gundogan scoring.

Spain making light work of Ukraine. 3-0 before HT. Ramos with a brace; Ansu Fati with the 3rd. Fati won the penalty for Ramos' first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ansu Fati and Ramos have been excellent for Spain in this first half so far. Ukraine have not played well. They are clearly missing their ball winner Stepanenko who is injured. But the surprising thing is that Shevchenko has decided to have Ukraine play in a 4-3-3 formation, instead of the 4-5-1 formation that they usually play and that has served them well. The debutant Kharatin has looked out of his depth in midfield. Certainly facing Spain is a huge step up for him, compared to the level of football that he is used to playing against in the Hungarian league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xhaka played very well. Switzerland probably should've won it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michael said:

Ansu Fati and Ramos have been excellent for Spain in this first half so far. Ukraine have not played well. They are clearly missing their ball winner Stepanenko who is injured. But the surprising thing is that Shevchenko has decided to have Ukraine play in a 4-3-3 formation, instead of the 4-5-1 formation that they usually play and that has served them well. The debutant Kharatin has looked out of his depth in midfield. Certainly facing Spain is a huge step up for him, compared to the level of football that he is used to playing against in the Hungarian league.

Yet Ansu will be on the bench next season for someone like Griezmann on the basis that Griezmann cost 100 mil. Fati did more for Spain last night than Griezmann has in 12 months and Puig did more in 3 months than Arthur in 3 years, but Pjanic will start or someone else who is over the hill.

Barcelona need to go back to what works. Millions and millions spent on crap when there is a proven youth academy there to be utilised.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosens keher Süle Ruddiger ginter 

5 defenders against Swiss?

doesnt make sense 

as soon as the goal is scored they allow pressure. Another lead squandered 

then sub in Can? Shouldn’t they look for a goal/win?

please end löw tenure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is sane injured? Why did he come off at halftime?

if löw Really wants to be experimental and give young players a chance he should’ve served in Waldschmidt 

Edited by The Käiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2020 at 12:06, The Käiser said:

Is sane injured? Why did he come off at halftime?

if löw Really wants to be experimental and give young players a chance he should’ve served in Waldschmidt 

I think Sane was injured, he did not look very good, not sure he ever has for Germany?

 I   cant say for sure, but I get the feeling JLow is no longer interested in this job and it is just the DFB that are trying to keep him because they are waiting for Klopp,Flick,Nagelsmann or Tuchel to become available.  The whole episode of cutting Hummels and Muller was weird.

I have always looked at the Nations League thing as glorified friendlies, that are important to the lower level teams as they have a back door way to qualify for Euro Cups-and now World Cups apparently, so I wont make a big deal about results.  Having said that, almost every game I watched, at least from the A group was terrible. I thought Germany v Spain was bad, but this was worse, at least from a German perspective, as mentioned, Swiss shoulda and coulda won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, binder said:

I think Sane was injured, he did not look very good, not sure he ever has for Germany?

 I   cant say for sure, but I get the feeling JLow is no longer interested in this job and it is just the DFB that are trying to keep him because they are waiting for Klopp,Flick,Nagelsmann or Tuchel to become available.  The whole episode of cutting Hummels and Muller was weird.

I have always looked at the Nations League thing as glorified friendlies, that are important to the lower level teams as they have a back door way to qualify for Euro Cups-and now World Cups apparently, so I wont make a big deal about results.  Having said that, almost every game I watched, at least from the A group was terrible. I thought Germany v Spain was bad, but this was worse, at least from a German perspective, as mentioned, Swiss shoulda and coulda won.

Löw will probably be used as a scapegoat for euro 2021 failure. I hope. What’s the term on his contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement