talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 Premier League Sack Race

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if the Newcastle takeover does end up happening, Rafa has now made himself available. Call me Old Mr. Cynic but that could mean something. Should that happen though, we should all check on Tim Sherwood, Richard Keys, Jamie Redknapp and Robbie Savage. Is it possible to have a collective aneurysm?

Regarding others, I don't think Lampard is as close to the sack as many think but he is under pressure and if he wants to see in next season, there would need to be notable improvement. Arteta has made himself reasonably safe for now and I'm still not convinced Solskjaer is the man to win things with United but he's made himself as safe as safe can be for the moment.

I don't think Nuno will be sacked but I wonder if he want another challenge some time soon. Ditto Dyche. Should a "big" team lose their manager, Southampton may have to fend off the circling sharks.

I think Wilder has enough credit in the bank to be given a go at getting them back up, however, if that doesn't look doable getting into the winter period of next season, I can see him going. 

I expect Hodgson and Palace to go their separate ways at the end of the season. Parker should be fine with Fulham.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Got a feeling Bruce will survive as long as Newcastle do. 

I wonder if Nuno Santo will be next. 

I don't think he will, surely Fat Mike will have learnt from the McClaren season that leaving it too late will be costly, no matter who he brings in.

It really is crazy the little time managers get to succeed in the Prem.

OK i get it that sometimes you just know that a manager is never going to come good (as in Roy Hodgson with us) but so many are dumped before they have had any chance.

Moyes is a prime example, I'm probably in a small percentage of reds who think Moyes is a good manager, he did well at Goodison without having a big transfer kitty but I felt manu didn't give him a chance. He was Ferguson's chosen one but then got thrown under the bus by the same man.I'm not saying he should have got the years that Ferguson got to succeed but imho should have got more of a chance at OT.

I'm still on the fence about Lampard, would he have been successful if he'd been given more time? or did he just not have what it takes to be a successful manager?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports Mourinho to be sacked if Spurs fail to make Top 4 

Might aswell just do it now if true as they're getting nowhere near Europe IMO. The defeat to Zagreb could give a loooooooooooong hangover.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Reports Mourinho to be sacked if Spurs fail to make Top 4 

Would be pretty expensive for Spurs though. From what I've read there's no exit clause where Spurs can sack him without having to give him a full payout of his remaining time if Spurs don't finish by a certain position - and he's on a lot of money until 2023.

I think Spurs do need to get rid, because I really don't think he's the right fit - he's not adapted well to being at clubs that need a bit of building to compete at the top level. And after his stints at United and Spurs... he might find it harder to get jobs at the level he'd want.

• 1 month later...
On 14/05/2021 at 12:08, Coma said:

Rumor on The Athletic message board that Scott Parker has resigned at Fulham.

I think it would be on the cards considering Fulham's reputation with mangers, I generally feel that yoyo effect between the Prem and the Championship breads a sack race. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived