talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Wilson - Newcastle Sign Striker From Bournemouth

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Pretty sure earlier this summer Bournemouth valued him at approx £40m?

@Harvsky do you reckon Ritchie might be interested in going back down south to Bournemouth so Newcastle are willing to use him in a deal?

He'd probably go if forced.

£40m for a 1 in 3 striker who turns 29 this season. Fuck me. I'd give them £16m tops :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

One thing being touted is that we'll bring in Ryan Fraser on a free to replace Ritchie.

I’m surprised he hasn’t already signed with a new club tbh. Yeah he was a bit shit last season (Bournemouth were as a whole though), but in the years before that he was one of their standout players imo.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m surprised he hasn’t already signed with a new club tbh. Yeah he was a bit shit last season (Bournemouth were as a whole though), but in the years before that he was one of their standout players imo.

Maybe a bit of agent gamesmanship for the best offer?

32 minutes ago, Batard said:

They obviously have a taste for relegation. Next season is going to be brutal for Newcastle. 

You mean fit and proper Mike Ashley is going to take us down for the same number of times as we had been relegated in all the post war years before him?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

You mean fit and proper Mike Ashley is going to take us down for the same number of times as we had been relegated in all the post war years before him?

I think Ashley is happy if you finish 17th, there's no ambition or interest there for him in Newcastle. 

7 hours ago, Batard said:

I think Ashley is happy if you finish 17th, there's no ambition or interest there for him in Newcastle. 

Without doubt the case for the last decade. The asset price doesn't go down if the club is in the Premier League and it barely goes up if it finishes 7th. Spreadsheet champions every year.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently he wants to be closer to Aberdeen, but he'll still have to get on a plane. Aberdeen is about a 4 or 5 hour drive from Newcastle.

Maybe no flights from Southampton to Aberdeen and he had to drive to London first?

There is one airline, Eastern I think, that flies to Aberdeen from Southampton. It's a pretty limited service mind. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

There is one airline, Eastern I think, that flies to Aberdeen from Southampton. It's a pretty limited service mind. 

Sure the Newcastle to Aberdeen is probably limited too. Although a few oil rig related jobs based on Tyneside so maybe more frequent.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Sure the Newcastle to Aberdeen is probably limited too. Although a few oil rig related jobs based on Tyneside so maybe more frequent.

Surprised he didn't just sign for Aberdeen. Same standard-ish

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Storts said:

Bournemouth fan I know hates him, would sell him for anything over 10 mill. Thinks he’s vastly overrated 

Not great with injuries either. Probably better off spending more to get Josh King.

Apparently Bournemouth want '£17m fixed fee'. Was £40m reportedly earlier in the window!

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

That's us out. Can't compete. Won't compete. :ph34r:

That wouldn't surprise me they have done that. Brentford seem to be moving the goalposts with Ollie Watkins and pricing everyone out of a move for him. Villa were heavily rumoured to be signing him but must have had enough of the nonsense.

Given he is better than anything Villa currently have, I dont think that's a bad price. Can't believe Newcastle won't pay that when all they have sitting in the wings is Joelinton, Gayle and the Japanese lad.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not great with injuries either. Probably better off spending more to get Josh King.

Apparently Bournemouth want '£17m fixed fee'. Was £40m reportedly earlier in the window!

I think King is the much better player - a lot more versatile too 

34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Given he is better than anything Villa currently have, I dont think that's a bad price. Can't believe Newcastle won't pay that when all they have sitting in the wings is Joelinton, Gayle and the Japanese lad.

Gayle is out for at least 3 months so the situation is even more critical. Andy Carroll will probably start next week.

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Gayle is out for at least 3 months so the situation is even more critical. Andy Carroll will probably start next week.

Jesus. Beggers can't be choosers.

£15m for Wilson in your current predicament is a no brainer for me.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that boardroom and hear why you can't justify that but will happily spend more wages on a defender you don't need.

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jesus. Beggers can't be choosers.

£15m for Wilson in your current predicament is a no brainer for me.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that boardroom and hear why you can't justify that but will happily spend more wages on a defender you don't need.

They might get there in the end but they'll um and argh for as long as possible.

Mike Ashley model in all his businesses is simply "can I get it cheaper"

• The title was changed to Callum Wilson - Newcastle Sign Striker From Bournemouth

Archived