talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Wilson - Newcastle Sign Striker From Bournemouth

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Callum Wilson - Newcastle Sign Striker from Bournemouth

Joelinton has been stripped of the #9 and it has been given to Wilson :o

Joelinton is the worst number 9 in the clubs history but that's no reason to insult the lad further whilst he's still on the books.

Reckon marketing team is partly behind this.

• The title was changed to Callum Wilson - Newcastle Sign Striker From Bournemouth
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

£35m for Wilson, Lewis and Fraser is a pretty nice haul for Newcastle. 

I think they are decent signings too. I always think when a club makes a signing, if they would go straight into the first eleven and improve the quality of the team, they have to be decent.

Wilson definitely does that as competition up top is incredibly weak, and so does Lewis. Fraser I am 50/50 on as I'm not sure who he is competing with but he adds depth regardless.

Equally though, I can imagine there are Newcastle fans looking at the fact the club have cheaped out by signing 3 relegated players rather than aim higher and look to sign players say of Alain Saint-Maximam's quality.

From £40m Joelinton to £20m Wilson. A sign of the times for Newcastle. Perhaps they were scared to try and go there again.

Archived