• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Pity Martinez - Deal Agreed with Al-Nassr

Recommended Posts

Just being reported and confirmed.

Quote

Atlanta United agree in principle to sell Pity Martinez to Saudi club Al-Nassr for $18 million

During an interview broadcast on 92.9 The Game and Atlanta United’s social media channels before Atlanta’s match against Inter Miami, club preisdent Darren Eales confirmed that Al-Nassr and Atlanta had “agreed to a deal in principle” to transfer Pity Martinez overseas, pending a physical. Eales also confirmed earlier reports from The Athletic’s Felipe Cardenas that the club were looking to sign a Designated Player during the current transfer window

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2020/9/2/21418446/report-saudi-club-al-nassr-submit-18-million-bid-for-pity-martinez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really liked him tbh. The whole South American player of the year was weird for me. There were a plethora of better players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's a pity for Atlanta... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Awww... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's a pity for Atlanta... 

As soon as I saw you had posted, I knew what was coming xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

As soon as I saw you had posted, I knew what was coming xD

I am glad not to disappoint xD  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Weird career path for him

Agreed. I imagine he could have gone to Europe, even if it wasn't a top division team. But we paid $14m for him, he's been horrendous, and we are selling him for $18m. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Awww... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's a pity for Atlanta... 

You're basically already a Dad with that one liner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will laugh will we chase Farfan now. Don't think that'll ever happen as he doesn't really fit into what been our philosophy, but Eales has already said that this move will be done so that we can immediately move in another DP to fill his role but actually score goals. So we shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Agreed. I imagine he could have gone to Europe, even if it wasn't a top division team. But we paid $14m for him, he's been horrendous, and we are selling him for $18m. 

Yeah not bad business. I actually didn’t realise how old he was - his career path seems a bit less weird to me now. I thought it was weird he went to the MLS before Europe because I thought he was only 22-23. I didn’t know he’s basically in his peak years.

If he’d done well at Atlanta, that probably would have been his last shot at a move to Europe. Instead he’s been bad.

Good business from you tbh. And it should free up a DP spot for Atlanta, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah not bad business. I actually didn’t realise how old he was - his career path seems a bit less weird to me now. I thought it was weird he went to the MLS before Europe because I thought he was only 22-23. I didn’t know he’s basically in his peak years.

 If he’d done well at Atlanta, that probably would have been his last shot at a move to Europe. Instead he’s been bad.

Good business from you tbh. And it should free up a DP spot for Atlanta, right?

Yeah, and it'll be interesting to see what route we take. 

I imagine Barco will likely be leaving soon for Europe, as he has been good and he's much younger.

I think we'll go for a scoring attacking midfielder, someone like Rossi or Vela type player. That is what we attempted with Pity, but damn he was bad from the get go. We are having a lot of trouble scoring, but Josef will return next year and since he plays best as a 9, then we need a 10 and I would love to see us do something to bring out Gressel from DC. 

Who knows though...likely they know someone in South America who is young and talented, and they will make a push to get his signature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, and it'll be interesting to see what route we take. 

I imagine Barco will likely be leaving soon for Europe, as he has been good and he's much younger.

I think we'll go for a scoring attacking midfielder, someone like Rossi or Vela type player. That is what we attempted with Pity, but damn he was bad from the get go. We are having a lot of trouble scoring, but Josef will return next year and since he plays best as a 9, then we need a 10 and I would love to see us do something to bring out Gressel from DC. 

Who knows though...likely they know someone in South America who is young and talented, and they will make a push to get his signature. 

I think I got Pity confused with Barco and that’s why I thought he was much younger xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mpache said:

Never really liked him tbh. The whole South American player of the year was weird for me. There were a plethora of better players.

What plethora of better players?, he won the Libertadores and had an awesome season, fully deserved that award. If you were an scout on FM you'd have a -20 on judging stats based on this and other judgments you have made on other players.

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Agreed. I imagine he could have gone to Europe, even if it wasn't a top division team. But we paid $14m for him, he's been horrendous, and we are selling him for $18m. 

You're basically already a Dad with that one liner. 

How has he been horrendous?, 11 goals and 14 assists in 54 matches for an attacking midfielder is an excellent return, almost one every two matches. If you were expecting an striker who would score 20/30 goals per season then you guys clearly bought the wrong type of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

How has he been horrendous?, 11 goals and 14 assists in 54 matches for an attacking midfielder is an excellent return, almost one every two matches. If you were expecting an striker who would score 20/30 goals per season then you guys clearly bought the wrong type of player.

Horrendous may be strong, but not totally inaccurate. He has played 39 games for us, scoring 7 goals., and that includes his recent 2 goals against the bottom feeder that is Nashville SC. 

He drove me nuts from the beginning, crossing that were way off, corners that wouldn't be anywhere close or go out of bounds without being touched, his inability to press forward if he had any kind of pressure on him, and the official stats I show from MLS have him at 11 assists, which isn't worthy of someone that is the most expensive player in league history. We went from Almiron who would blow by people and create open opportunities, to Pity who either felt too much pressure, or didn't have trust in his teammates, because he always seemed to do it on his own, but rarely using the talent around him and not having the speed that Almiron had. De Boer could have very easily been the worst thing to ever happen to him, but his time here will not be regarded as a success by the club or the fans. 

We are the most expensive team in the league, with the biggest pay roll, highest attendance, and this was made to be our next elite player from South America, and everything changed and Pity didn't help the situation with his sloppy play and what appeared to be a piss poor attitude. 

I was always shocked he didn't link up better with Barco...who is MUCH better at creating opportunities and getting this team on their ass when we are moving slow or lethargic. Barco has scored less goals, and has less assists than Pity, but the work ethic and motor have always been much higher for Barco, so I say all this about him so that you know it's nothing anti-Argentine about Pity, I and most of the fans and news have been very disappointed with Pity's performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Berserker said:

What plethora of better players?, he won the Libertadores and had an awesome season, fully deserved that award. If you were an scout on FM you'd have a -20 on judging stats based on this and other judgments you have made on other players.

How has he been horrendous?, 11 goals and 14 assists in 54 matches for an attacking midfielder is an excellent return, almost one every two matches. If you were expecting an striker who would score 20/30 goals per season then you guys clearly bought the wrong type of player.

I liked Nacho and Juanfer better tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Eco said:

Horrendous may be strong, but not totally inaccurate. He has played 39 games for us, scoring 7 goals., and that includes his recent 2 goals against the bottom feeder that is Nashville SC. 

He drove me nuts from the beginning, crossing that were way off, corners that wouldn't be anywhere close or go out of bounds without being touched, his inability to press forward if he had any kind of pressure on him, and the official stats I show from MLS have him at 11 assists, which isn't worthy of someone that is the most expensive player in league history. We went from Almiron who would blow by people and create open opportunities, to Pity who either felt too much pressure, or didn't have trust in his teammates, because he always seemed to do it on his own, but rarely using the talent around him and not having the speed that Almiron had. De Boer could have very easily been the worst thing to ever happen to him, but his time here will not be regarded as a success by the club or the fans. 

We are the most expensive team in the league, with the biggest pay roll, highest attendance, and this was made to be our next elite player from South America, and everything changed and Pity didn't help the situation with his sloppy play and what appeared to be a piss poor attitude. 

I was always shocked he didn't link up better with Barco...who is MUCH better at creating opportunities and getting this team on their ass when we are moving slow or lethargic. Barco has scored less goals, and has less assists than Pity, but the work ethic and motor have always been much higher for Barco, so I say all this about him so that you know it's nothing anti-Argentine about Pity, I and most of the fans and news have been very disappointed with Pity's performance. 

39 games must be from the MLS alone because the stats i quoted were from transfermarkt who in my experience have always been accurate and as i said it showed 54 games overall for you counting ConcaChampions, MLS Cup, etc and these overall stats are excellent. But i can understand that he may have been overwhelming in many matches and thus it may have tainted your opinion of him. And to be fair your criticism of him was shared among our fans when he first joined us, being too selfish like you describe but after some time he completely changed everyone's opinion of him with his performances and became key for the team in very glorious years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eco said:

I will laugh will we chase Farfan now. Don't think that'll ever happen as he doesn't really fit into what been our philosophy, but Eales has already said that this move will be done so that we can immediately move in another DP to fill his role but actually score goals. So we shall see. 

Farfan is a good short term option cos he has goals in him, but he's not reliable anymore. Used to be a great player at Schalke and PSV but injury prone and become systematic thanks to his loss in pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

39 games must be from the MLS alone because the stats i quoted were from transfermarkt who in my experience have always been accurate and as i said it showed 54 games overall for you counting ConcaChampions, MLS Cup, etc and these overall stats are excellent. But i can understand that he may have been overwhelming in many matches and thus it may have tainted your opinion of him. And to be fair your criticism of him was shared among our fans when he first joined us, being too selfish like you describe but after some time he completely changed everyone's opinion of him with his performances and became key for the team in very glorious years.

And that could be the massive difference, is that he was unable to fit in with this team and prove himself. Reports are that he has agreed to the move, so I hope him the best, but I am happy he is leaving and we can bring in another DP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Farfan is a good short term option cos he has goals in him, but he's not reliable anymore. Used to be a great player at Schalke and PSV but injury prone and become systematic thanks to his loss in pace.

I want nothing to do with Farfan, we aren't winning the championship this year, so no need to make a short term decision. 

And I thought Schalke were tinpot? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement