2020/21 Die Sympathie-Tabelle der Bundesliga

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 11/03/2021 at 06:43, Coma said:

Tier 4 - Burn in Hell

Bayern - If we can't beat you we'll just take your players.  Fucking hate it.  Some will accuse Dortmund of the same but it's nowhere near the level of Bayern and it never will be.

There was a point in time where this claim used to rile me up. Maybe im just old now I take far less offense as its far too common of a belief. I actually had a spreadsheet saved of Dortmunds championship team and from memory at least 8 of their starting 11 where bought from other bundesliga clubs. Anyways carry on but know this, I will fight you.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

There was a point in time where this claim used to rile me up. Maybe im just old now I take far less offense as its far too common of a belief. I actually had a spreadsheet saved of Dortmunds championship team and from memory at least 8 of their starting 11 where bought from other bundesliga clubs. Anyways carry on but know this, I will fight you.

En garde!

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

To be fair though, weakening the opposition by buying their best players definitely used to be part of Bayern's transfer strategy; both Hoeneß and Hitzfeld openly admitted it in the past. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be fair though, weakening the opposition by buying their best players definitely used to be part of Bayern's transfer strategy; both Hoeneß and Hitzfeld openly admitted it in the past. 

Yeah I dont disagree with that part. But buying up the collective bundesliga talent is a stretch and always has been. The Gotze transfer is a perfect example of what your talking about though, it wasnt a positional need at all even for depth. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah I dont disagree with that part. But buying up the collective bundesliga talent is a stretch and always has been. The Gotze transfer is a perfect example of what your talking about though, it wasnt a positional need at all even for depth. 

Yeah, but I think that's the main thing that always bothered fans of other clubs, and even if these days it's by far less obvious than it used to be, it's hard to lose that image. I know it's not always clear cut, as best players usually tend to end up at best clubs anyway, every club is also looking to improve their squads constantly, and Bayern's stature and financial resources definitelly attract both established players and promising talents. However, as a Werder fan, I definitely still hold a grudge xD  I'm sure many fans of Kaiserslautern, Leverkusen, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart and the likes would also agree...

22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just out of curiosity I went back and looked at the squad from the 2011 and 2012 seasons.  From the list of players with significant appearances (20-40 in all comps), I only see Subotic, Piszcek, and Gundogan that would meet your criteria.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, but I think that's the main thing that always bothered fans of other clubs, and even if these days it's by far less obvious than it used to be, it's hard to lose that image. I know it's not always clear cut, as best players usually tend to end up at best clubs anyway, every club is also looking to improve their squads constantly, and Bayern's stature and financial resources definitelly attract both established players and promising talents. However, as a Werder fan, I definitely still hold a grudge xD  I'm sure many fans of Kaiserslautern, Leverkusen, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart and the likes would also agree...

Yeah thats defintely fair. Like Upamecano is another example that just happend (I know people care less about RB) but from the outside its just Buyern buying another top talent blah blah from my perspective its one of the worlds top young talents in a position we desperately need help in. The risk is much lower buying a talent within your own league as well naturally. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

The Lewandowski and Gotze moves soured me.  I understand that Lewandowski was on a "free" so there is blame to be laid on the player, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah thats defintely fair. Like Upamecano is another example that just happend (I know people care less about RB) but from the outside its just Buyern buying another top talent blah blah from my perspective its one of the worlds top young talents in a position we desperately need help in. The risk is much lower buying a talent within your own league as well naturally. 

Upamecano transfer doesn't bother me at all; as you said, people don't care because it's RB - but that's not only because the hate/dislike/whatever for RB, but rather because that's pretty much their own-chosen model of "business" - build an extensive, well-run network of scouting and sign shitloads of talented youngsters regularly, weed out the ones who doesn't quite make it, sell most of the rest for profit at some point, rinse and repeat. Financially, they are well in a position to refuse to sell, but they have no intention to do that as that's just how they operate in the first place. 

Archived