The better place to talk football.

Fabio Silva to Wolves

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bold. He's played 12 games. 12...

Is this shout based on Football Manager?

Yeah completely. I've never seen him play and nobody bar possibly Machado has on here. Was a bit in jest.

Is quite interesting though. I'm obviously not saying FM is definitive but they're as good as they've ever been in terms of getting data on players and they do rate this bloke as genuinely top drawer.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Jorge Mendes? 

Yea it's another Mendes miracle. €40M for a striker who was maybe 4th option for Porto's attack. 3 goals in 24 games all competitions. His price tag is only justified by his performances for the youth sides which to be fair were very promising. He's 18!

I'm sorry, I'm going on a rant about this shit right now because Vitinha also signed with Wolves.

People that believe this was really 40M don't know how Jorge Mendes works between his laundry clubs; Benfica, now Porto, Valencia, Wolves, Lazio, Braga, Rio Ave, and many more.

I know Fabio Silva didn't have much time to play, but this is another transfer just like Bernardo Silva 6 or 7 years ago, iirc. This dude is the 3rd most promising youngster in Portugal of the last decade only behind Bernardo and Felix, and the most promising portuguese striker since what feels like ever! 40 mendilhões is fictional money like monopoly money, but let's ignore it for now. This dude should've made his name at Porto before being sold, but that's not the case, because Porto plays shitty players and also can't comprehend at all what happened with João Felix, they don't understand that the market changed a lot and 40M now in the grand pic is too little if this guy played more. 

This board is ass fucking the club with this shitty moves trying to make our shitty coach happy. Let me explain, in Portugal you have to sell to survive and Porto is well known for buying cheap, improve players and make them stand out, and then sell for a shit ton of money. But since Sérgio, our poors man Gattuso, is there he wants at all cost all players he uses to stay. Remember when after 6 months we sold Cissokho to Lyon for 15M before everyone understood he was shit? We had that opportunity with Marega (30M to West Ham), Soares (25M to China), Danilo (40M to somewhere) and others right after his first season. What happened in the first season? I'm going to use the examples I mentioned before. We finally won the league; Marega (a guy with no technique, weak finishing, dumb af, and basically lives of speed and power) scored like 20 plus goals after being known for being our worst signing ever 2 years before (go check his game against Dortmund); Danilo in the double pivot was playing like shit but because he is a big powerful fella he has to play. He still had some value in the market tho; Soares was declining his value, but there was some still. 

Everyone knew Marega would not do that again and teams already started to figure us out by not letting any space behind defense for his speed, and our coach is so bad that he couldn't create any dynamics to create space too. What happened? He scored like half the goals, and this past season he scored 12. Bye bye 20 or 30M. 

In the same space, Danilo grew shitier, and Soares declined even more that Porto can't find no one that wants to pay 6M for him, and he's ending contract. This is just a small portion of the players tho. They say we don't have money to resign our players, but the truth is we don't have the money we need to resign players that want to leave. Alex Telles should've been sold a year ago already, now because our coach don't want him to leave, because he already bigger than us he wants 6M a year and we can't give that type of money, so he will probably go out for free. The time of selling and then buy another prospect ended. So, if this players declined their value, we don't want to sell them anyway and we want to resign them but we don't have that type money, what we do now? We just ass fuck the club by selling our future for very little when it's all set and done. And if you thought I'm angry because of the Fabio's deal, I'm a lot more fucking angry about the Vitinha deal, a player that when he played he shined brighter than almost any other player in our squad. But this is Porto - "About Vitinha being the future? Fuck that we have Loum, Danilo and Sérgio Oliveira, 3 good masons that shouldn't be signed with us at all". Fuck, I want to kill someone so badly. 

And the cherry on top is we just sold what a lot of fans see as question mark player (Fabio Silva) to go buy a fucking 20 year old striker from Fluminense that nobody ever saw play in an absolute joke of league. I'm done with this shitshow of a club.

On 05/09/2020 at 19:17, Machado said:

Yea it's another Mendes miracle. €40M for a striker who was maybe 4th option for Porto's attack. 3 goals in 24 games all competitions. His price tag is only justified by his performances for the youth sides which to be fair were very promising. He's 18!

But lets be honest too, he played mostly in the final part of matches we weren't creating enough and in a team that plays in a way that's incapable of potentialize him. Those number don't say much tho.

1 hour ago, Takezo said:

But lets be honest too, he played mostly in the final part of matches we weren't creating enough and in a team that plays in a way that's incapable of potentialize him. Those number don't say much tho.

I know they don't say much but if the numbers are not there you're only buying potential which is my point.

Now Mendes did this with a few Benfica players some years ago... Helder Costa, Cancelo, Bernardo, Ivan Cavaleiro... none of them had real play time in the first division except for Cavaleiro but the difference here is that these were all €15M transfers.

€40M is pushing it for a 18yo, but Mendes has probably earned some trust with Wolves' board so he can "ask" on behalf of Porto for this kind of money.

5 hours ago, Takezo said:

I'm sorry, I'm going on a rant about this shit right now because Vitinha also signed with Wolves.

People that believe this was really 40M don't know how Jorge Mendes works between his laundry clubs; Benfica, now Porto, Valencia, Wolves, Lazio, Braga, Rio Ave, and many more.

I know Fabio Silva didn't have much time to play, but this is another transfer just like Bernardo Silva 6 or 7 years ago, iirc. This dude is the 3rd most promising youngster in Portugal of the last decade only behind Bernardo and Felix, and the most promising portuguese striker since what feels like ever! 40 mendilhões is fictional money like monopoly money, but let's ignore it for now. This dude should've made his name at Porto before being sold, but that's not the case, because Porto plays shitty players and also can't comprehend at all what happened with João Felix, they don't understand that the market changed a lot and 40M now in the grand pic is too little if this guy played more. 

This board is ass fucking the club with this shitty moves trying to make our shitty coach happy. Let me explain, in Portugal you have to sell to survive and Porto is well known for buying cheap, improve players and make them stand out, and then sell for a shit ton of money. But since Sérgio, our poors man Gattuso, is there he wants at all cost all players he uses to stay. Remember when after 6 months we sold Cissokho to Lyon for 15M before everyone understood he was shit? We had that opportunity with Marega (30M to West Ham), Soares (25M to China), Danilo (40M to somewhere) and others right after his first season. What happened in the first season? I'm going to use the examples I mentioned before. We finally won the league; Marega (a guy with no technique, weak finishing, dumb af, and basically lives of speed and power) scored like 20 plus goals after being known for being our worst signing ever 2 years before (go check his game against Dortmund); Danilo in the double pivot was playing like shit but because he is a big powerful fella he has to play. He still had some value in the market tho; Soares was declining his value, but there was some still. 

Everyone knew Marega would not do that again and teams already started to figure us out by not letting any space behind defense for his speed, and our coach is so bad that he couldn't create any dynamics to create space too. What happened? He scored like half the goals, and this past season he scored 12. Bye bye 20 or 30M. 

In the same space, Danilo grew shitier, and Soares declined even more that Porto can't find no one that wants to pay 6M for him, and he's ending contract. This is just a small portion of the players tho. They say we don't have money to resign our players, but the truth is we don't have the money we need to resign players that want to leave. Alex Telles should've been sold a year ago already, now because our coach don't want him to leave, because he already bigger than us he wants 6M a year and we can't give that type of money, so he will probably go out for free. The time of selling and then buy another prospect ended. So, if this players declined their value, we don't want to sell them anyway and we want to resign them but we don't have that type money, what we do now? We just ass fuck the club by selling our future for very little when it's all set and done. And if you thought I'm angry because of the Fabio's deal, I'm a lot more fucking angry about the Vitinha deal, a player that when he played he shined brighter than almost any other player in our squad. But this is Porto - "About Vitinha being the future? Fuck that we have Loum, Danilo and Sérgio Oliveira, 3 good masons that shouldn't be signed with us at all". Fuck, I want to kill someone so badly. 

And the cherry on top is we just sold what a lot of fans see as question mark player (Fabio Silva) to go buy a fucking 20 year old striker from Fluminense that nobody ever saw play in an absolute joke of league. I'm done with this shitshow of a club.

Mendes is a cancer. One of the reasons I don't like out current president is because of his link with Mendes. Can't wait to see the back of them both.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Mendes is a cancer. One of the reasons I don't like out current president is because of his link with Mendes. Can't wait to see the back of them both.

Idk if you are aware of what's happening, but we are already paying the 40M buying players from his catalogue, although some are kinda fancy. But this is how he operates, the money probably don't exist or is just some fictional shit for trades that move his money.

Archived