talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andre Carrillo Winding Up Watford Fans

football forum

"After the World Cup, Benfica wanted me back and new clubs that wanted was Fulham and Al Hilal"

"Watford and Fulham are clubs that are economically powerful but will ultimately fight for the drop in England, so I chose Al-Hilal and am happy in Saudi Arabia"

As if Watford fans didn't hate him enough, they have gone on a criticizing spree even though I'm pretty sure Andre is right on this one!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf it’s probably what I would do too xD

I mean it seems to be working. Watford fans are ripping him. Don't think Carrillo would have made Watford a big club is my response. Seems very tinpot.

33 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I mean it seems to be working. Watford fans are ripping him. Don't think Carrillo would have made Watford a big club is my response. Seems very tinpot.

Imo Watford fans are just desperate for feeling relevant. They tried so hard to forge a rivalry with Everton and every Everton fan I know had the same reaction: “lol wtf”

1 minute ago, Batard said:

Would this be 1 goal in 20 something appearances Carrillo?

That says nothing about Carrillo's performance though. He was poor for Watford 100% but you wouldn't know without watching because he's just that sort of player. On form what he does best is get into the box with ease. He's all a tricks and skills player. He's not a scorer.

He has 6 goals in 62 appearances for Peru where he's considered to play at his best. Though he does have a better record at Al-Hilal, where he is idolised. 7 goals in 16, though I'm sure he's had more appearances than that. Wikipedia speaking.

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

After the world cup? Were Peru in the world cup? Fuck me I cant even remember. Surely such a powerhouse made the semis?

Don't push your luck, we did beat Australia for you after all ;) 

14 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Don't push your luck, we did beat Australia for you after all ;) 

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah you did. I'll grant you that. 

Peru must be really proud that a bunch of cokeheads have more energy then alcoholics.

To be fair I'm surprised we don't see more players write their own career off in their late 20s and go to the Middle East 

Players come to the bottom half of the Premier League from abroad for money and to showcase themselves to top 6 Premier League clubs. Once you've failed why stick around when you can get the money and an easy life elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, Mpache said:

"After the World Cup, Benfica wanted me back and new clubs that wanted was Fulham and Al Hilal"

"Watford and Fulham are clubs that are economically powerful but will ultimately fight for the drop in England, so I chose Al-Hilal and am happy in Saudi Arabia"

As if Watford fans didn't hate him enough, they have gone on a criticizing spree even though I'm pretty sure Andre is right on this one!

Watford fans don't hate him, they don't care about him. He's one of many gambles they take that just turn out not to be good enough.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Watford fans don't hate him, they don't care about him. He's one of many gambles they take that just turn out not to be good enough.

They do care about him, they hate the fact that he performs well for Peru but not their own team. I've talked to Watford fans who have said he was talentless until they saw our games in the World Cup. Then I saw a headline in the UK claim "where was this Carrillo for Watford".

And now they are all over Twitter all wound up. It's even made national news. That's a sign of them caring.

Archived