The better place to talk football.

Andre Carrillo Winding Up Watford Fans

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

In Peru.

Where there's probably nothing else to talk about...

Oh yes, the country that's 5th in the world in COVID cases, with the highest death rate in the world per capita and all the sports pages have gone bankrupt and defunct. Yeah...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Oh yes, the country that's 5th in the world in COVID cases, with the highest death rate in the world per capita and all the sports pages have gone bankrupt and defunct. Yeah...

Because there's fuck all to talk about?

Just now, Stan said:

We were one of the first leagues in South America to get back into action, and it was still in August. Although that's only because South America got hit hard later than Europe. 

I mean, you'd expect a country with more international trophies than England to have something to discuss.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

We were one of the first leagues in South America to get back into action, and it was still in August. Although that's only because South America got hit hard later than Europe. 

I mean, you'd expect a country with more international trophies than England to have something to discuss.

Yet all you have is a Peruvian player trying to get under the skin of a football club thousands and thousands of miles away :/ 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What do the British talk about? How hot it is when it is over 25'? The fucking rain? Brexit and acting like the most important  country in the EU? Getting mad about Tommy Robbinson for the 50th time?xD

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

What do the British talk about? How hot it is when it is over 25'? The fucking rain? Brexit and acting like the most important  country in the EU? Getting mad about Tommy Robbinson for the 50th time?xD

Er, this is the Stan vs Brian rivalry. Fuck off :D 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Off topic but I do find it funny how the British complain about the heat over 25. I get they don't have AC's, we don't have AC's in Lima either where it can get up to 35 in the summer.

I've found strategies to overcome that.

Just now, Mpache said:

Off topic but I do find it funny how the British complain about the heat over 25. I get they don't have AC's, we don't have AC's in Lima either where it can get up to 35 in the summer.

I've found strategies to overcome that.

Their houses are built to retain heat. Case in point where I live in Chicago v my home town. Winter is almost worse in my hometown even though it doesn't get to freezing just but virtue the ambient temperature is the same inside and out.

Just now, Spike said:

Their houses are built to retain heat. Case in point where I live in Chicago v my home town. Winter is almost worse in my hometown even though it doesn't get to freezing just but virtue the ambient temperature is the same inside and out.

Oh yeah it's an odd one the Southern Hemisphere. I mean Lima isn't as bad as Canada but in Peru we get down to 16 degrees but it feels much colder than that. I felt the same way when I was in Queenstown. I went in the summer and in the morning I was shaking even though it was like 14.

Here in Canada it's only truly cold once it hits below freezing.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not all of us complain about heat over 25C xD 

It's when it gets above 28C, that's when it starts getting serious :ph34r:

Your lack of AC is made up for a warmer winter. Here after December going outside can become impossible most days.

The brutal heat of where I am from is almost unfair to life. I can hardly fathom how anything can survive constant heat from the sun and the ground exasperated by a weak ozone layer. 45’ is typical, 35’ feels like sweet breeze. It is almost inescapable and makes you really appreciate a garden hose over a shade cloth with a cold beer.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

The brutal heat of where I am from is almost unfair to life. I can hardly fathom how anything can survive constant heat from the sun and the ground exasperated by a weak ozone layer. 45’ is typical, 35’ feels like sweet breeze. It is almost inescapable and makes you really appreciate a garden hose over a shade cloth with a cold beer.

I'm comfortable anywhere between 10 and 30 degrees. 30-35 is a bit yuck, but can be okay if dry, or a little breezy. 35-40 is disgusting and over 40 is just literally gross. 

23 hours ago, Spike said:

Is there winter in coastal Australia?, i thought the climate was basically tropical all over it bar the central desert.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Is there winter in coastal Australia?, i thought the climate was basically tropical all over it bar the central desert.

I know in Sydney and Perth it can get quite cold. Not sure about Queensland though.

9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Coastal Australia covers half of the southern-hemisphere. The further south one travels along the east coast the colder it is, once past Sydney and towards southern-Victoria and Tasmania it does get quite cold, they are temperate. Australia is tropical in Northern-Queensland and the north coastline of Northern Territory and Western-Australia. All along most of the coast of Queensland it is semi or sub-tropical, west-Queensland and New South Wales is mainly arid but slowly transforms into desert when meeting the south of the Northern Territory and north South-Australia. Perth and Adelaide are mediterranean making great wine country.

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

Coastal Australia covers half of the southern-hemisphere. The further south one travels along the east coast the colder it is, once past Sydney and towards southern-Victoria and Tasmania it does get quite cold, they are temperate. Australia is tropical in Northern-Queensland and the north coastline of Northern Territory and Western-Australia. All along most of the coast of Queensland it is semi or sub-tropical, west-Queensland and New South Wales is mainly arid but slowly transforms into desert when meeting the south of the Northern Territory and north South-Australia. Perth and Adelaide are mediterranean making great wine country.

Oh wow don't know why i thought that, winter temps on Sidney and Perth are extremely similar to Buenos Aires, both are similar to BA all year round bar the winter months on Perth where BA's average highs are a little lower and two months in summer in Sidney where BA's average highs are a little higher. Though it's quite more humid here so winters are colder and summers hotters despite similar temps.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Oh wow don't know why i thought that, winter temps on Sidney and Perth are extremely similar to Buenos Aires, both are similar to BA all year round bar the winter months on Perth where BA's average highs are a little lower and two months in summer in Sidney where BA's average highs are a little higher. Though it's quite more humid here so winters are colder and summers hotters despite similar temps.

Ya'll don't get the southerly buster either. That shit is dope when it hits on a 40 degree afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ya'll don't get the southerly buster either. That shit is dope when it hits on a 40 degree afternoon. 

Do you get the australian plague locust in illawarra? that shit must have hit my hometown in '03 I reckon. Big nasty fuckers, millions of the cunts, it was like a bible passage. It was also during a low point in the town, it really hadn't recovered from the wool market crash of the 90s yet.

I remember we'd be outside and hitting the bastards with the tennis racket, straight out of the air. Of course the next year it was flies. They are always terrible but in 04/05 it was something else, I couldn't sit in class without one of the bastards flying up my nose or ears.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We actually do.

Contrary to popular opinion, this fast-moving southerly change is not unique to New South Wales (Tasmania, New Zealand and Argentina experience similar conditions), however in southeast Australia the proximity of the Great Dividing Range to the coast helps create these particularly fierce winds—often gusting well over 60 km/h.

http://media.bom.gov.au/social/blog/18/the-big-bustsoutherly-busters-explained/

And yeah nothing like cool air in these fucking humid 35c+ days.

Archived