talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2020-21 Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Subscriber

We'll be going again this year, starting with the English Premier League. If anyone needs reminding of the rules of the Last Man Standing league or is new to the whole thing, you can find a full list of rules in the thread below:

If you're not really that arsed about the details, basically pick a different team each week, if they win, you stay in, if they don't win, you're out of that round of the competition. We cycle through the leagues starting with the Premier League, then moving onto the Bundesliga, Serie A etc.

I will tag everyone that took part last year, in order of last season's final standings. All newcomers are also welcome, the more the merrier. If you're in for this season's first round, please pick your winner from the Gameweek One fixtures below.

@Lucas @Eco @nudge @Tommy @Bluewolf @Michael @RandoEFC @Storts @DeadLinesman @Stan @Rucksackfranzose @Dan @CaaC (John) @Azeem @...Dan @Pyfish @SchalkeUK @JOSHBRFC @Mel81x @Viva la FCB @Batard

Preview - Gameweek One

The Premier League gets underway next weekend, below is the first set of fixtures. Please make sure you have picked before your chosen team's game kicks off! Soccerway is kind enough to include some odds (though I'm not convinced about those Sunday odds), there are only 8 games to pick from as the first two are postponed, don't ask me why. If they get rearranged to a later gameweek and we're still at it, that will give you 12 games to choose from at that point in time.

1009938270_ScreenShot2020-09-06at13_19_30.png.1cb0482609c82efcd7986424d7af168a.png

It's not an easy week to start us off, my pick for Gameweek One is Liverpool. Good luck!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The first weekend is wrapped up!

Casualties (4)

A decent showing for us as a group in the first Gameweek. Perhaps as a result of the Manchester clubs' absence, Tottenham were deemed as one of the safest bets this week, but defeat at home to Everton extinguished the hopes of @Stan, @Rucksackfranzose and @Eco at the first hurdle. Also bowing out in Gameweek One was @Dan who backed Southampton to win at Selhurst Park in our first direct head to head of the season, and came out on the wrong side of the result.

Thanks all for playing, sadly you haven't scored in this round, I'll be sliding into your notifications when the next round gets underway.

Survivors (13)

@Batard, @Bluewolf, @Azeem, @...Dan and @Lucas got their business done early, correctly backing Arsenal to win at Fulham in Saturday's early kick off. @Viva la FCB wasn't far behind, winning the aforementioned head to head tie with his pick of Crystal Palace to beat Southampton. @RandoEFC, @nudge, @DeadLinesman and @Michael were made to sweat on Saturday evening but a late penalty from Mo Salah delivered them the Liverpool win they needed to progress to Gameweek Two. The remaining field is completed by @Mel81x, @Pyfish and @Tommy who called Chelsea's opening day victory tonight down at Brighton.

You all have one point on the board, please progress to Gameweek Two to make your next picks.

Gameweek Two fixtures 

20200914_232200.thumb.jpg.7470ccc12415118379181d70c6139cb3.jpg

A full set of 10 fixtures to feast upon this week. Remember not to pick the same team again! My pick for Gameweek Two is (why am I doing this why am I doing this why am I doing this why am I doing this) Everton. Good luck!

Archived