Great Transfers That Never Happened

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Great transfers That Never Happened
  • Administrator

Brian beat me to it.

Whether he'd have become the great player he is now via Blackburn is never to be known but it definitely worked out alright for Lewandowski himself not going there!

Leicester nearly signed an ageing Johan Cruyff as well in the 80s.

One that I would have loved to see is Juan Manuel Vargas to Real Madrid or Juve. There was apparently truth to those rumours. I’m not going to say he was quite at that standard but there definitely was something to that transfer saga. I really find him underrated in his own country. Some people forget what a stallion he was on the flank.

23 minutes ago, Mpache said:

One that I would have loved to see is Juan Manuel Vargas to Real Madrid or Juve. There was apparently truth to those rumours. I’m not going to say he was quite at that standard but there definitely was something to that transfer saga. I really find him underrated in his own country. Some people forget what a stallion he was on the flank.

Maybe Juve but not Real Madrid, there'd be no room for him.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Maybe Juve but not Real Madrid, there'd be no room for him.

Yeah I'd agree with that. He could have fit in at Juve, especially back then when they weren't quite as established. He was also a better wing back than winger.

Real Ronaldo was going to come to Newcastle on loan in the early 2000's. After he had that long injury spell. Bobby Robson was going to fix him. Apparently it was practically all agreed and then someone got injured at Inter and Ronaldo stayed.

Imagine Shearer and Ronaldo upfront together :o

• The title was changed to Great Transfers That Never Happened

Archived