talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 9 - Tuscany GP (11-13th Sep)

football forum

• The title was changed to F1 2020 - Race 9 - Tuscany GP (11-13th Sep)
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, nudge said:

Love this tracks for the bikes, it will be very interesting to see how modern F1 cars do there. The middle sector is sick!

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

The track pukes up?

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10073644

Tncw8MNpjqx-gRWuBWOS68TZYVmKTV5oPF-SyyZj

New track...very exciting.

I wonder how many more mistakes we'll see as none of these drivers have been there. 

How, watching and listening to Russel go through the lap and talk through it is absolutely brilliant. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

New track...very exciting.

I wonder how many more mistakes we'll see as none of these drivers have been there. 

How, watching and listening to Russel go through the lap and talk through it is absolutely brilliant. 

Most of the drivers have been to Mugello, either for testing or racing in junior series. Granted, not with current F1 cars, so it's still challenging and brings in a certain amount of unpredictability. I imagine overtaking will be very hard here. 

5 minutes ago, AMG said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gasly not in Red Bull/Alpha Tauri plans. Means my boy Kvyat's safe. :drunk:

You're strangeness continues. 

How does what Christian say means that Kvyat is safe? What stops RB from going with a pair of Max/Hulk/Checo and and AT pairing of Gasly and Albon? No way will Gasly lose his seat, and I can't see them picking Kvyat over Albon...

1 hour ago, Eco said:

You're strangeness continues. 

How does what Christian say means that Kvyat is safe? What stops RB from going with a pair of Max/Hulk/Checo and and AT pairing of Gasly and Albon? No way will Gasly lose his seat, and I can't see them picking Kvyat over Albon...

*sigh*

Did you watch the FP2?

11 minutes ago, AMG said:

*sigh*

Did you watch the FP2?

do you wish to elaborate? I can only find this on the news stream. 

Red Bull's driver situation for 2021 should be clearer by the next of next month.

That is the view of Franz Tost, the team boss at Red Bull's junior or secondary team Alpha Tauri.

With Dr Helmut Marko saying Monza winner Pierre Gasly will stay as Alpha Tauri's "team leader" in 2021, it also appears likely that Daniil Kvyat will lose his seat.

"Gasly is driving great, while Daniil had some setbacks with some mistakes on the part of the team," Tost insisted, according to Speed Week.

"His accident at Silverstone, for example, was the team's fault."

Tost also told Sport1: "It's all too early. Kvyat doesn't quite get along with the car yet, but that may change."

However, the Honda and Red Bull-championed F2 driver Yuki Tsunoda is shaping up as Kvyat's likely successor.

The 20-year-old Japanese has had a strong maiden campaign in 2020, so when asked what Tsunoda has to do to secure an Alpha Tauri seat, Tost answered: "Keep going!

"Tsunoda is doing a great job in his first F2 season, that's right. But it's actually very simple - those who go the fastest will get the cockpits at the end of the day."

The Austrian also clarified that it will not be him making the decision.

"There are only two people at Red Bull who decide on the drivers for our four cars, and they are Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko," Tost told Sport1.

"I think we'll know more by the end of October."

I'll stand by my statement earlier, and that's if Tsunoda can get his license, Kvyat will be without a seat at AT next year, and I don't see him getting a seat elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

do you wish to elaborate? I can only find this on the news stream. 

Just as I guessed.

The two commentators, and Karun Chandok, during FP2 were discussing that Helmet Marko, Red Bull and Alpha Tauri feel that Gasly does not fit well into their plans, and that he would be gone at the end of the season. This is also in addition to the interview where it was said that Tsunoda's future would be decided by the end of october, which was puzzling, because Tsunoda is in 5th place in F2, and needs to finish 4th to have the superlicence points. So either Red Bull are going to take a massive gamble and assume Tsunoda gets the points, and the Tauri seat (they will look a bit silly if he doesnt manage to get the superlicence points), or they are going to take the decision to not promote him altogether.( https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/toro-rosso/news/alpha-tauri-driver-clarity-in-late-october-tost_413706.html & https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152036/tost-expects-red-bull-gasly-decision-in-next-six-weeks )

Since this was a result of these 3 guys talking live on FP2, there is no article or whatever to back it up, unless you, or anyone, decides to rewatch the entire session. Was also discussed in reddit live discussion when it briefly came up. The general sentiment seems they're doing it make themselves look like less of an idiot in managing the current driver setup.

I reckon it will be sort of mutual, Alpha will let Gasly walk and go to another team.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived