• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alex Telles Moves to Man United

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.020947e60a25e2afb51d77891e64da10.png

Misleading reports suggest Man United have already agreed on a 5-year deal with Alex Telles

RMC Sport journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi claims Alex Telles has agreed on a 5-year contract with Manchester United.

His tweet suggests United will now work to agree on a fee with FC Porto, as that would be the next step in the negotiation process, but an Old Trafford source has downplayed the speculation to Stretty News.

There is no 5-year agreement with Telles.

That’s not to say the club is not in the process of making a move, as Stretty News writer Leah Smith claims Telles’ preference is to join United after PSG had an offer worth €15m turned down for his signature. (Stretty News)Arrow.png.a437baba4599251c46d9670773cf5d8c.png

United will need to move quickly to secure the deal as Paris St-Germain have stepped up their interest in Telles. (O Jogo - in Portuguese)Arrow.png.a437baba4599251c46d9670773cf5d8c.png

2 hours ago, Dan said:

This bloke takes penalties. Fuck me he will be a points machine on FPL.

I´m not sure he´d take the penalties at United being a newcomer, but yes he takes penalties at Porto. 

And it´s interesting, because it relates to his crossing, he´s got such a good technique for placing the ball where he wants, that he generally takes them really close to the posts and he still converts them. 

These are his two pennalty goals from tonight´s match versus Braga:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

I´m not sure he´d take the penalties at United being a newcomer, but yes he takes penalties at Porto. 

And it´s interesting, because it relates to his crossing, he´s got such a good technique for placing the ball where he wants, that he generally takes them really close to the posts and he still converts them. 

These are his two pennalty goals from tonight´s match versus Braga:

He looks top class to me. I think this would be a very good signing for them. I wanted him here but did think missing out on the Champions League would put an end to that.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c2f5ddde760e16d49cf15b0890b25593.png

Manchester United are close to completing their second signing of the summer transfer window. Porto left-back Alex Telles has reportedly attracted the interest of Ole Gunnar Solskjær, and the Guardian are reporting that a deal for the 27-year-old Brazilian could be completed by the end of the week. The player would likely be earning around £75,000 a week.

Though United appear to have agreed on personal terms with the player, Ed Woodward is still quibbling over the transfer fee. Telles has a release clause of just over £36 million, though the Reds are hoping to shave a further £10m off the price tag as he begins the final year of his contract. Telles joined Porto from Galatasaray four years ago, and during his time at the Turkish giants, he spent a season on loan at Inter Milan. He received his only international cap in a friendly against Panama last year.

It is well-known that United are in the market for a left-back and recently missed out on young Spaniard Sergio Reguilón, who left Real Madrid for Tottenham Hotspur. Telles would perhaps be a less exciting signing, but he’s got an impressive goalscoring record—not least as a fine penalty taker—and would offer the kind of dynamism and technique that Luke Shaw has utterly failed to provide. It would be a relatively low-risk transfer and one that seems to make good sense. (The Busby Babe)Arrow.png.a0ad8ed45d45732d02c093e774f6b3df.png

But efforts to sell Diogo Dalot, 21, to Porto as part of the deal have been turned down by the Portuguese club. (O Jogo - via Mirror)Arrow.png.a0ad8ed45d45732d02c093e774f6b3df.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived